Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
gunzo Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
A bragging thread I guess ... or maybe a testament of an earned retirement? I strongly think so.

Sunday nights I'd get wound up, worrying what kind of schit storm I'd face Monday morning. Adding insult to injury, all that would keep me awake & add to Monday's confusion & pain.

Now, after 6 or 8 years of retirement, I have cold drinks & a rare steak on Sunday evenings & my mind is free. Monday isn't on my mind & I don't even plan anything for that day. I usually dreaded Mondays so I let them pass me by without any intervention from me.

My old saying was...JAFM, just another fuqking Monday. Now... Monday, get on out of here, I'm not dealing with you.

GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I’m looking forward to that. I’ve already gotten at least three texts from employees like “just a heads up boss, been puking all day, might not be there tomorrow”

I hate a Fugkin Monday.

Last edited by jackmountain; 05/22/22.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I'm only eight months into retirement and it's taken me about six of 'em to get used to it... Now? I love every day...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I quit worrying about Mondays in 2011 when I went from three jobs to only two. Those two are pretty good- - - -if I want to tell the boss to go fuque himself I just need to look in the mirror! I work where and when I choose, and if I want to take Monday off that's exactly what I do!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jackmountain
I’m looking forward to that. I’ve already gotten at least three texts from employees like “just a heads up boss, been puking all day, might not be there tomorrow”

I hate a Fugkin Monday.

Anal Glaucoma

“Chief….I can’t see my ass comin into work duhmorrow”

IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I've been retired since March 2017 and I have never been busier.....I'm so far behind it's hard to find time for fun stuff....

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
After 39 years in a corporate job, I pulled the trigger and retired at age 61. That was just over 10 years ago. My only regret is not doing it a year or two earlier.

NRA Patron
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Gunzo: Welcome to the party!
I have been retired for 25 years now and the dread of fighting the traffic everyday to work, the constant hassles of dealing with no good lying sons of bitches and daughters of whores lawyers and liberal judges has long ago ceased!
Nightmares of mangled children and people have LONG since ceased and most important of all my investment checks and social security and pension checks just keep rolling in.
I worked a six days on and two days off schedule for 27 of my 29 year career and never did specifically dread Mondays - somedays the dread was for Wednesdays and sometimes Saturdays and Sundays etc.
As my return to work day changed every week.
Enjoy your not having to deal with Mondays anymore.

Redneck: I remember those "getting used to it" days - my period of "where am I supposed to be and when am I supposed to be there" - and "why am I being paid to stay home and enjoy life" lasted about a year.
Now, and for the last 25 years, EVERY day is a Saturday.
I am with ya - I love EVERY day.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Let's see, tomorrow? A haircut, swing by Academy for some handload boxes, hit Total Wine to refill my wife's supplies then head to the airport to pick her up followed by an early dinner out. Busy day. I did blow out the garage and got a couple of cars running today so not too bad. Called it quits in 2015.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by jackmountain

I hate a Fugkin Monday.

The call-offs on Mondays and Fridays......seems no one gets sick Tues, weds, Thurs.

IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Welcome to the club, no day off any more

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
In 10 months I can begin drawing from my IRA.

If Dopey Joe doesn’t continue the ass raping, that is.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
In 10 months I can begin drawing from my IRA.

If Dopey Joe doesn’t continue the ass raping, that is.

P
Drawing from mine year and a half ago, know the feeling

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Westman
I've been retired since March 2017 and I have never been busier.....I'm so far behind it's hard to find time for fun stuff....

Makes you sometimes wonder when you had time enough to work to make a living.

But it’s still fun stuff.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Gunzo: learn to enjoy your retirement! My last 4 years at work were dreadful, mixing it up with an Ahole attorney and follow ups. I rarely slept more than 4 hours. My cop friend chided me satying that he had to deal with with attorneys continuously throughout his working career. Sorry to get off topic, just relax and try to enjoy life.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Not retired but between farm and work and the excavation business most the time I don't even know what day of the week it is cuz I work by the weather.

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Tomorrow will be my first retired Monday, this was the first weekend in 50 years I haven’t been “on call”.
I think I could get used to this.

Never try to teach a pig to sing...
...it wastes your time and annoys the pig!
L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I retired in March, I’m loving it!!

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gunzo
A bragging thread I guess ... or maybe a testament of an earned retirement? I strongly think so.

Sunday nights I'd get wound up, worrying what kind of schit storm I'd face Monday morning. Adding insult to injury, all that would keep me awake & add to Monday's confusion & pain.

Now, after 6 or 8 years of retirement, I have cold drinks & a rare steak on Sunday evenings & my mind is free. Monday isn't on my mind & I don't even plan anything for that day. I usually dreaded Mondays so I let them pass me by without any intervention from me.

My old saying was...JAFM, just another fuqking Monday. Now... Monday, get on out of here, I'm not dealing with you.

Same here except we have our cold drinks, rare steak, and shrimp on Saturday. Or, whatever day we feel like it. Lovin’ it!

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Fug a bunch of work, takes a little getting used to.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

480 members (17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 19rabbit52, 55 invisible), 2,700 guests, and 1,217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,713
Posts18,456,929
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.