Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Red dot sight or optic would be my suggestion.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When all else fails, use the back of the slide to point to target.

Try it.

Works every time.

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
When I had cataract surgery, I got monovision lenses. Left eye or reading, dominant eye for distance. Target and iron sights are in sharp focus with both eyes open. Also don't need any reading glasses.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I shoot with what God gave me and handguns for me are mostly defensive tools. I'm not walking around town with computer reading glasses or a merit aperture attached to a lens.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Cataract surgery

SAVE 200 ELK, KILL A WOLF

NRA Endowment Life Member

IC B2

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I shoot right handed most of the time. I just knocked the left lens out of a pair of my reading glasses. Works like a charm. Right eye sees s clear set of sights. Left eye sees a clear target.

Hang on tight !
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I use continuous bifocal glasses. I tilt my head automatically the sight are in focus and the target is pretty good too.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by centershot
I recently picked up a Ruger Blackhawk 3 Screw 357. When I took it out I was shocked at how much my eyes had changed from the last time I was shooting an open sighted handgun.......and not for the better. Anyone have any tricks to help clean up the sight picture? My vision is still good at distance but up close things get blurry without 1.25 readers.

Don't really know. That is coming for me. I'm still very adequate with a plain blade sight with a flat top and parallel sides but some days I can't see a bead front sight anymore, rifle or handgun. Getting old sucks. Stopping getting older still seems to suck more though.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by buffybr
Cataract surgery

Yes, amazing how well I can see now. I put it off for years, big dummy!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've given up on plain iron sights for anything close to precision. Fiber optic sights aren't as precise as irons, but they're more precise than the blur of black. If I can put an optic on it, it's getting an optic. Having used all three convinces me which way to go. Eyes aren't getting better, but sighting systems sure are.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by FreeMe
I've given up on plain iron sights for anything close to precision. Fiber optic sights aren't as precise as irons, but they're more precise than the blur of black. If I can put an optic on it, it's getting an optic. Having used all three convinces me which way to go. Eyes aren't getting better, but sighting systems sure are.

This! Red Dots are out due to astigmatism issues. The VA docs haven't given me any other choices. So it's a scope for me. Yeah its heavy and cumbersome but I can hit what I want rather than hope the bullet will go where I want.

"My two most favorite people are Navy Corpsmen and Marine medivac helicopter pilots" - MEJ 0311 1967.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I put the One Hole ghost-ring sight on my Ruger Super Blackhawk Bisley, .480 Ruger. Makes a world of difference on quick and accurate sight acquisition.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bighorn
I put the One Hole ghost-ring sight on my Ruger Super Blackhawk Bisley, .480 Ruger. Makes a world of difference on quick and accurate sight acquisition.
That's an interesting sight option, Bighorn. Where did you buy it?

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Bighorn
I bought a set for the 7.5" SBH 41 mag. Either aperture worked for me. But it was just an experiment and a learning tool.

The revolver is now equipped with the original Ruger blade.

I found the aperture quicker to acquire, but less precise than the factory sight.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

Just installed this on my old MK-II bull barrel - Installed the larger orifice to start. Looking forward to seeing how it works. Handy tip - To install it use a punch through the adjustment hole to compress the sight adjustment spring while you slip the new blade into place.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
Originally Posted by navlav8r
If you wear bifocals use the reader part of the lens. That gives pretty good focus on the sights although the target will be blurry. That works for me out to 25 yards or so.
Computer glasses work well too.

I had cataract surgery on both eyes, two weeks apart last month…..YUGE 😊 difference. Whites are whiter and everything is brighter 😊. I’m probably going to still need glasses to correct for some astigmatism and for reading in lower light but right now I’m not using my “cheaters” on my Ipad.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 160user, 1Longbow, 55 invisible), 2,684 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,365
Posts18,469,021
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.