-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 19 of 27 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 26 27
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Paulie B - if you encounter a herd of phaggots rollerblading 3 wide in a no passing zone with steady on coming traffic how long would you say they get before they are asswholes?

GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Is this how you thought this thread would work out Paul?

Face it, people can't stand you idiots. 🤣🤣🤣

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by hillestadj
Paulie B - if you encounter a herd of phaggots rollerblading 3 wide in a no passing zone with steady on coming traffic how long would you say they get before they are asswholes?
Is there any difference between them and bicyclists

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by akasparky
Originally Posted by Barney_Fife
Goes to bed reading page 1 of the bicycle trash throwing thread.

*yawns* wakes up to page 18 of the bicycle trash throwing thread.

Man I must have slept for 6 months!!

You be like Rumpelstiltskin..
[Linked Image from m.media-amazon.com]
Well yeah that explains it.........I think! laugh

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
We have a blacktopped trail 50 feet off the road for bikes and walkers and they still ride in the road. When asked why I was told it was a pain in the ass going around the slow walkers. You can’t make this stuff up

IC B2

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
We have a blacktopped trail 50 feet off the road for bikes and walkers and they still ride in the road. When asked why I was told it was a pain in the ass going around the slow walkers. You can’t make this stuff up

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Mossback

You can say that again!

FJB & FJT
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

Seriously I think most people just like to gripe about stuff.
My pet gripes are

Slow movers or aisle blockers when shopping.
Rap music loud enough to feel.
Those A-holes that bebop through the crosswalk at the speed of a sloth.
Anybody looking at their phone when driving.
Any retard with a pro Democrat sticker.

When I go to town I always feel some nostalgia for the days when I was riding around in a HMMWV with a M2 up top and 2 M240's on swing arms.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by steve4102
Really.

You actually have No Clue do you.

I should feel honored that aggrievedSteve90210 took a break from his sky is falling agenda to join me here. Will spandex spell the end of the world?

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JeffA
There 80 sharp curves on the road to my house.

[Linked Image from hips.hearstapps.com]

Most of them are limited sight to totally blind.
The speed limit is 45 mph, most drive 55+ mph.

Car and Driver Magazine test drives cars on this road.

Florida may be short on good driving roads, but we found one in Shelby's supercharged 610-hp pony car.
https://www.caranddriver.com/photos/g28746694/2019-ford-mustang-shelby-gt-s-by-the-numbers-gallery/

It'd take about 2 hours to make this 15 minute drive if one were to creep around every corner and peek to see if a Bicycle was blocking the roadway.

Bicycle riders die every year on this road..

Yet we offer miles and miles of bicycle trails throughout the county.
https://www.citrushills.com/blog/great-guide-and-map-to-citrus-county-cycling

Why are they so slow to learn?

I should run a dump truck at 10MPH through there. That'd be fun! Mr Hot Shoes would probably get the message quick.

IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by JeffA
There 80 sharp curves on the road to my house.

Most of them are limited sight to totally blind.
The speed limit is 45 mph, most drive 55+ mph.

Car and Driver Magazine test drives cars on this road.

Florida may be short on good driving roads, but we found one in Shelby's supercharged 610-hp pony car.
https://www.caranddriver.com/photos/g28746694/2019-ford-mustang-shelby-gt-s-by-the-numbers-gallery/

It'd take about 2 hours to make this 15 minute drive if one were to creep around every corner and peek to see if a Bicycle was blocking the roadway.

Bicycle riders die every year on this road..

Yet we offer miles and miles of bicycle trails throughout the county.
https://www.citrushills.com/blog/great-guide-and-map-to-citrus-county-cycling

Why are they so slow to learn?

I should run a dump truck at 10MPH through there. That'd be fun! Mr Hot Shoes would probably get the message quick.

Dump truck is WAY EASIER to see... than a rainbow G String on a Freddie Mercury wannabee...

Not criticizing... only pointing out relevant math.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HawkI
Really.

Yeah, that's the problem; he doesn't see an issue having traffic slowed down and a dozen cars behind him. Everyone else is the problem, hence the thread.

I have never had a dozen cars behind me. Anytime any car approaches from the rear I am looking for ways to work them around me. I take a very cooperative approach to riding on the road. I doubt anyone has ever been behind me for more than 30 seconds. All of us have been hung up by an inconsiderate motorist for longer than that. Hell, I'll get held up more by other cars today than I have held up motorists over the whole of my bicycle riding life.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KSMITH
Bicyclists always like to argue and play their games until they are reminded of simple math. Bicycles<≠motor vehicles. When one gets drilled they all stay off the roads until they forget the equation and go out and find out again.

I don't care if I liked riding a bicycle so much that I rode around with a woody the whole time, It is not worth my life to ride on busy highways much less get an attitude about it.

Simple math comes into play in civil lawsuits too.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ldholton
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by ldholton
Around here tax dollars donations grants pay for lots of bicycle trails and such. Haul your f****** bicycle to one of them trails and stay the [bleep] f*** off the road scrawny ass f****** [bleep] losers

ldh gonna need a volunteer to do a welfare check on him in the morning.

Preferably don’t ride a bike to his house either.

🦫
I'm good there's just a certain types of people....
Thanks for asking

Glad I could help. I am here to be of disservice to petulant grown men.

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by dodgefan

Seriously I think most people just like to gripe about stuff.
My pet gripes are

Slow movers or aisle blockers when shopping.
Rap music loud enough to feel.
Those A-holes that bebop through the crosswalk at the speed of a sloth.
Anybody looking at their phone when driving.
Any retard with a pro Democrat sticker.
Do you throw trash at them?

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
No, but I do cuss a lot.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hillestadj

Great question. I'd first assess why they might be three wide. There may be a reason for it. Then I'd do what I always do when pedestrians, cyclists, roller bladers doing that Apollo Onho back and forth thing, people with dogs on leashes etc. are spread across the path. I'd slow as I approached them, announce my presence, tell them that I am easing around their left, pass with minimal speed disparity and exchange pleasantries with them as I passed.

I don't think that brush passing them at a comparatively high rate of speed and throwing schidt at them is the right thing to do.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mirage243
Is this how you thought this thread would work out Paul?

Face it, people can't stand you idiots. 🤣🤣🤣

Why would I think otherwise? I am doing this for your therapy. It's good for you to get it out of your system.

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by HawkI
Really.

Yeah, that's the problem; he doesn't see an issue having traffic slowed down and a dozen cars behind him. Everyone else is the problem, hence the thread.

I have never had a dozen cars behind me. Anytime any car approaches from the rear I am looking for ways to work them around me. I take a very cooperative approach to riding on the road. I doubt anyone has ever been behind me for more than 30 seconds. All of us have been hung up by an inconsiderate motorist for longer than that. Hell, I'll get held up more by other cars today than I have held up motorists over the whole of my bicycle riding life.
I don't normally bike on the road because I'm afraid to, reading this thread doesn't help. I get that a rider needs to be very careful about moving to the right to let cars pass since many of them will crowd past without consideration as to how close their car or their mirror may be to the rider, It's better to have them move left to make a conscious pass. There are a percentage of roadies that make a point of riding siding by side and claiming a whole lane "because it's their right" that really piss people off and cause some of this hate. I remember following bicycles on buisy park roads where I couldn't pass in the oncoming lane, that wouldn't even move over to let me pass on my motorcycle, dicks.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Where I ride is well away from town. With the long sight lines it isn't too bad as a place to ride. I've had a couple of close passes and one guy who turned into his driveway right after hurrying to pass me. I don't know if he was being a dick or just misjudged my speed, but I almost slammed into the side of him. I had a pretty good tailwind that day so was moving right along.

The Live Car Free crowd are by far the worst of the cyclist types, judging off what they write on the bike forum. Those people are nuts.

As an aside have you tried Rouvy or Zwift? I've been using Rouvy for the last 3 weeks and it makes indoor cycling for fitness a whole lot more interesting.

Page 19 of 27 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 26 27

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

352 members (260Remguy, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 264mag, 270winchester, 10gaugeman, 31 invisible), 2,486 guests, and 1,196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,598
Posts18,454,449
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.