Hop To
Page 20 of 27 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 26 27
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by mirage243
Is this how you thought this thread would work out Paul?

Face it, people can't stand you idiots. 🤣🤣🤣

Why would I think otherwise? I am doing this for your therapy. It's good for you to get it out of your system.

Pauli.......savior of the world. One peddle at a time.

(but only in his mind) laugh

In reality Pauli Spandex is an empty pinada who wonders why he's hanging from the neck and why are people laughing and hitting him with sticks. It's must be a tough life when you're a self-centered idiot.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
BP-B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by KSMITH
I don't care if I liked riding a bicycle so much that I rode around with a woody the whole time.......

That happened to me once. The wind resistance was phenomenal, slowed me down by at least 10 mph. Which was OK as long as I could keep it pointed straight ahead but it got sideways once and ran me off the road.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Moto_Vita
I don't normally bike on the road because I'm afraid to, reading this thread doesn't help. I get that a rider needs to be very careful about moving to the right to let cars pass since many of them will crowd past without consideration as to how close their car or their mirror may be to the rider, It's better to have them move left to make a conscious pass. There are a percentage of roadies that make a point of riding siding by side and claiming a whole lane "because it's their right" that really piss people off and cause some of this hate. I remember following bicycles on buisy park roads where I couldn't pass in the oncoming lane, that wouldn't even move over to let me pass on my motorcycle, dicks.
Just do like a few of the retards do around here...
Since MI passed the 3' rule they've started hanging a pool noodle that's 3' long sticking out the left side of their bike. grin
While I'll admit to riding my bike on the streets in our subdivision exercising my goof ball GSP I generally do it before sunrise when the road surface is cooler. A couple of miles of our route are on a sidewalk, if we encounter walkers/joggers or other people out walking their dogs I'll anounce loudly what side I intend to pass on and then move off the sidewalk and onto the grass as far away as possible to overtake the person.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HawkI
Originally Posted by steve4102
Really.

You actually have No Clue do you.

Yeah, that's the problem; he doesn't see an issue having traffic slowed down and a dozen cars behind him. Everyone else is the problem, hence the thread.

I have never had a dozen cars behind me. Anytime any car approaches from the rear I am looking for ways to work them around me. I take a very cooperative approach to riding on the road. I doubt anyone has ever been behind me for more than 30 seconds. All of us have been hung up by an inconsiderate motorist for longer than that. Hell, I'll get held up more by other cars today than I have held up motorists over the whole of my bicycle riding life.
I don't normally bike on the road because I'm afraid to, reading this thread doesn't help. I get that a rider needs to be very careful about moving to the right to let cars pass since many of them will crowd past without consideration as to how close their car or their mirror may be to the rider, It's better to have them move left to make a conscious pass. There are a percentage of roadies that make a point of riding siding by side and claiming a whole lane "because it's their right" that really piss people off and cause some of this hate. I remember following bicycles on buisy park roads where I couldn't pass in the oncoming lane, that wouldn't even move over to let me pass on my motorcycle, dicks.

I am very selective about the roads I ride on. I am fortunate that I don't have to use a bike to get where I need to go. I do it for exercise. We have a LOT of dedicated paths here and I use them.

My biggest fear and the risk that is most difficult to mitigate is being hit from behind. I wear bright colors and my default position is mid lane. Being mid lane makes me more visible. Other motorists are much more likely to process me as traffic if I am mid lane. I have had drivers stare right at me when I was on the shoulder and pull right out in front of me. It happens far less frequently when I am mid lane. When a vehicle approaches from behind I kinda drift a little bit within the lane to make myself more visible. Well before they get close I am processing how I will help them get around me. If I can move onto the shoulder, into a parking lane, into a parking lot or other, I'll happily do it. If I can't get out of their way but they can safely pass, then we are all good. I am planning an escape route though in the event that it doesn't look like they see me. I am also looking over my shoulder so that they know that I know they are there.

In places where they can't safely pass and I can't get out of the way, I'll often hold up a finger as if to say "just a sec." I have found that if you let people know that you give a piss about their presence, they are much more patient. When it becomes safe for them to go around, or I find a place to get out of the way, then I wave them around and wave at them. That has served me perfectly. I often get a wave back.

I don't understand why it's an issue for anyone when cyclists are side by side on a road that's so narrow they'd have to go into the oncoming lane to safely pass a single cyclist. Tests have shown that motorists are in the oncoming lane for less time when they pass side by side cyclists rather than those that are strung out end to end. In the case of the video that I posted, the cyclist being side by side was a complete non-issue. There were no other cars in the left lane. What kind of ballbag gets worked up over the effort that it takes to move over? They didn't even have to slow. Is it the physical or emotional difficulty of applying gentle pressure to the steering wheel that causes people to lose their schidt?

I cannot envision any situation in which I's have a hard time passing side by side cyclists on a motorcycle. You can go from 10-40 in 2-3 seconds on almost any motorcycle. It was difficult for me to pick off a pack of Harleys in deals gap on my scooter. I had to work at that.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wow, that was easy! Point proven. 😁

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dodgefan
The Live Car Free crowd are by far the worst of the cyclist types, judging off what they write on the bike forum.

Far and away the most obnoxiously militant and annoying subset. They'll post a pic of a delivery truck parked in the bike lane making a delivery to a business that has no parking lot and no off street parking anywhere. I'll ask them where they would park if they were driving the truck and get "it's not my problem, just not in the bike lane." They post a pic with their rant. The pic will show a wide open road with no traffic. I think about them the same way I think about motorists complaining about cyclists. Just go around, it ain't that damn hard.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Mossback
We have a blacktopped trail 50 feet off the road for bikes and walkers and they still ride in the road. When asked why I was told it was a pain in the ass going around the slow walkers. You can’t make this stuff up

I can believe that

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by JeffA
There 80 sharp curves on the road to my house.

[Linked Image from hips.hearstapps.com]

Most of them are limited sight to totally blind.
The speed limit is 45 mph, most drive 55+ mph.

[Linked Image from hips.hearstapps.com]

Car and Driver Magazine test drives cars on this road.

Florida may be short on good driving roads, but we found one in Shelby's supercharged 610-hp pony car.
https://www.caranddriver.com/photos/g28746694/2019-ford-mustang-shelby-gt-s-by-the-numbers-gallery/

It'd take about 2 hours to make this 15 minute drive if one were to creep around every corner and peek to see if a Bicycle was blocking the roadway.

Bicycle riders die every year on this road..

Yet we offer miles and miles of bicycle trails throughout the county.
https://www.citrushills.com/blog/great-guide-and-map-to-citrus-county-cycling

Why are they so slow to learn?

I should run a dump truck at 10MPH through there. That'd be fun! Mr Hot Shoes would probably get the message quick.

Dump truck is WAY EASIER to see... than a rainbow G String on a Freddie Mercury wannabee...

Not criticizing... only pointing out relevant math.

BOOM, good one cashking

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
For all the bicycle hate out there, Im glad everyone enjoys riding behind a combine for 5 miles

No one has tossed anything at me yet for driving the bush hog tractor 12 miles at 7mph 🤠🤠🤠

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Farmers have to do what they have to do. Bicycle riders just do because they can!!!!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
Just do like a few of the retards do around here...
Since MI passed the 3' rule they've started hanging a pool noodle that's 3' long sticking out the left side of their bike. grin
While I'll admit to riding my bike on the streets in our subdivision exercising my goof ball GSP I generally do it before sunrise when the road surface is cooler. A couple of miles of our route are on a sidewalk, if we encounter walkers/joggers or other people out walking their dogs I'll anounce loudly what side I intend to pass on and then move off the sidewalk and onto the grass as far away as possible to overtake the person.

new game grab the noodle, think a cop would pull them over for that one, they start doing that schit around here I'll put my dog in the back with the window down she loves to shred pool noodles

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
For all the bicycle hate out there, Im glad everyone enjoys riding behind a combine for 5 miles

No one has tossed anything at me yet for driving the bush hog tractor 12 miles at 7mph 🤠🤠🤠

goodam bicycles

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by steveredd1
new game grab the noodle,

You would like that game. Is that a West Virginia thing? lolololol

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by steveredd1
new game grab the noodle,

You would like that game. Is that a West Virginia thing? lolololol

Everyone who does't agree with Pauli is inferior...

lolololol indeed.........

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Well Paul now we know how you ride. Short story here bear with me. A few years ago while driving up the Umpqua River, from Roseburg to Diamond Lake! I came around an s curve , in time to see two bikes head on a Sprinter van. The bikers were racing down the mountain . Both air lifted. I never found out if they survived. The road has little to no shoulder in that section. Personally I believe, they shouldn't have been on that section of road. I'm not opposed to bike riding. Bike riders cause most of their own problems, with traffic. And requardless of your thought on how they pay for the privilege, of riding the hwy, they are subsidised by the general fund in my state. All these bike trails were not paid for by the bikers! Taxes on all the bikes in my state wouldn't pay for ten miles of bike paths along roads, let alone the paint to mark them! Riding to keep in shape, is great. Just be safe, and please don't wear the spandex crap, unless you have a twat!

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
PaulaAssDuel,

Have you settled down or are you still spun up over that bag of tissues?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's happened to me a few times, the last I caught up to the guys at a traffic light but they refused to get out the truck so we could sort things out, the light changed and they drove off. I've basically quit riding on the road as it's becoming more and more dangerous, sticking mostly to gravel roads and trails. My town has a large bike community and they seem to think that they own the road and show very little consideration for vehicles and the often inability to safely pass large groups of cyclist. I've bought at least five bikes from local shops and spent thousands of dollars in the process so I'm not anti-bike, I'm just don't have much patience for self-righteous folks who show very little regard for others.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
God's placed Paul on this earth to be a HOA President!

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 257Bob
It's happened to me a few times, the last I caught up to the guys at a traffic light but they refused to get out the truck so we could sort things out, the light changed and they drove off. I've basically quit riding on the road as it's becoming more and more dangerous, sticking mostly to gravel roads and trails. My town has a large bike community and they seem to think that they own the road and show very little consideration for vehicles and the often inability to safely pass large groups of cyclist. I've bought at least five bikes from local shops and spent thousands of dollars in the process so I'm not anti-bike, I'm just don't have much patience for self-righteous folks who show very little regard for others.
I've told this story here before, a guy down in Taylor MI was driving his pickup, made a turn at a light that supposedly cut off a biker. The biker gets off of his bike, walks up to the driver's side window and punches the driver in the face twice through the open window. The driver (a former marine) fires two rounds from his .45 striking the biker in the chest. Biker left two young kids fatherless, surprisingly the democrap Wayne County prosecutor didn't charge the truck driver.

Page 20 of 27 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 26 27

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
107 members (160user, 35, 6mmbrfan, 10Glocks, 308ld, 338reddog, 15 invisible), 1,723 guests, and 767 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,776
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.