Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
JeffA Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I need some inside information, who'd Garry Seaman shoot?

I'm tired of waiting to hear, it's been since Saturday.

Suspect arrested after fatal shooting at Libby campground

[Linked Image from hagadone.media.clients.ellingtoncms.com]Garry Douglas Seaman

One man is dead and a suspect is in custody following a shooting at a campground near Libby on Saturday afternoon.

The suspect, Garry Douglas Seaman, 63, was arrested Sunday morning near his home in Flathead County following a multi-agency manhunt, according to information from the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office. He was being held in the Flathead County Detention Center.

Deputies were called Saturday at about 2:45 p.m., to a report of a shooting in the Alexander Creek Campground north of Libby. Upon arrival, they found the deceased man and a woman with multiple gunshot wounds. The woman was transported by Life Flight helicopter to the hospital.

Deputies secured an arrest warrant for Seaman after speaking with the victim and other witnesses.

The investigation is ongoing.

Notifications were made by Lincoln County detectives.

Your trusted Law Firm in Kalispell for over 30 years...

Garry Seaman, P.C. is a dedicated and experienced trial lawyer in the State of Montana. He practices legal services from his law firm in Kalispell, Montana with expertise in the areas of Workers’ Compensation, Social Security Disability, Personal Injury, and Property Damage. Attorney Garry Seaman is an active member of the Montana Trial Lawyers Association and the American Bar Association. He is licensed in State and Federal Court, as well as the Montana Supreme Court. He has been a practicing trial lawyer in the State of Montana for over thirty years.

GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
I’m pretty sure he shot “the other guy”.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jeff,
This is the first I heard of this. I know Gary, he did some work for me... wow. He is a serious hunter and outdoorsman... wtf?

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
He wounded a woman and killed a man with her, so it wasn't random. Wife, girlfriend, or ex and her new catch would probably be a good bet. Woman can make men crazy. But just speculation on my part wink

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
They haven’t said yet. Speculation is rife.

MAGA
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That campground is 2 spots on the Kootenai river below the damn.... I am planning on going there in the next week.

Gary is a very smart guy and a good lawyer, this blows my mind.

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
JeffA Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by irfubar
Gary is a very smart guy and a good lawyer, this blows my mind.

Self defense is sorta ruled out being that he hauled azz outta there and they had to go looking for him.

Kinda crazy, still nothing in the news.
I was hoping for a little something being he was suppose to go before a judge yesterday.

Looks like they had him in the bullet proof suit for his mugshot.
He didn't make bail yesterday, he's still on the jail roster which is really odd considering the families resources.

Hard to tell what took place, tiny little camp spot there.
They could have had boats on the river but most put in and stay on the east shore by Dunn Creek or right at the dam.

I guess time will tell as the facts are revealed.

Alcohol, love or both might play in there.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
99.9% of this kind of chit involves drugs, alcohol, puzzy, or a mix. I doubt he was a drug addict given his long term profession, so my money is on a vagina obsession with some alcohol mixed in.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I live in the Flathead valley and never heard of him.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've known his mother Patty for many years, Garry, not so much.

Doubt anyone that's been around NW Montana for long don't know her.

If Garry drinks anywhere near the way his mother does, alcohol would surely be involved.

That women could drink more than most any man in her day.
Kept her butt parked on a barstool behind a keno machine at Nickel Charlie's every evening slamming vodka and OJ for years.

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Sportsdad60
I live in the Flathead valley and never heard of him.

His lawoffice has been just off main by the courthouse for about 25 years, big ol' sign out by the road.

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
That Garry?

Hell...we were in the Navy together for many years.

Best Senior Chief I ever had.

I am MAGA.
JeffA Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
A First Pioneer Family

[Linked Image from 1qb1ow3qfudf14kwjzalxq61-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com]Columbia Falls near the banks of the Flathead River in the early 1890s

Then they literally laid the groundwork for the arrival of the railroad and cleared the way for everybody who followed.

In 1891, Robert and Mary Saurey, the Seaman siblings’ great-great grandparents, made the five-day wagon trip from Hamilton to Columbia Falls, described in family historical documents as a fledgling “tent city.” Saurey worked on a logging crew that hauled timbers to build a trestle in Bad Rock Canyon for the new Great Northern Railway line through Northwest Montana.

Saurey then became a foreman for logging crews in the Whitefish and Half Moon areas, clearing out extensive swaths of forest to open the area up to settlement while providing timber for railroad ties and development.

That photo of the Saureys from 1891 is a window into the broader lore of the region and the specific history of an influential multigenerational family that still calls the Flathead Valley home.

The three Seaman siblings are the children of Michael and Mary Seaman. Mary recently retired after 30 years in the U.S. National Guard, while Michael is the general manager of Patty Seaman Homes, which was started by his parents, Patty and Vernon. Michael says the business has sold about 6,000 mobile homes over the decades. His brother Garry is a longtime local attorney who runs a law firm in Kalispell......LINK

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
It'd be some kinda bad ju-ju to have a beef pending in circuit court, and to read the morning paper and see your lawyer's mug shot

"Chances Will Be Taken"

JeffA Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
He made bail, his mugshot just hit the counties recent release list.

Local papers gotta pickup something...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So the Libby scuttlebutt is it was Seaman’s ex and significant other at the site, which pretty much paints the picture imo. It’d be about a two hour drive from kalispell to drive there, so that’s interesting.

Seems Lincoln County is usually good for one homicide a year. Usually mef mouf v. mef mouf; drug dealer v drug dealer; or toofless love triangle gone… worse. Add in garden variety jealousy/hothead/domestic, and guess we’re about like anywhere else.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

JeffA Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Well, on the Brite side this lets Libby step up their quality of murderers.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Holy smokes,
I suspected, but honestly, that mug shot had me thinking, that can't be MY Garry Seaman. He and Mike were pretty much classmates and cronies although I haven't seen Garry in ten years. Honestly don't recognize the guy in that mug shot. Holy frack!

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
99.9% of this kind of chit involves drugs, alcohol, puzzy, or a mix. I doubt he was a drug addict given his long term profession, so my money is on a vagina obsession with some alcohol mixed in.

Substance abuse is actually pretty common in lawyer, doctors, etc from the stress of the job.

Originally Posted by akasparky
I've known his mother Patty for many years, Garry, not so much.

Doubt anyone that's been around NW Montana for long don't know her.

If Garry drinks anywhere near the way his mother does, alcohol would surely be involved.

That women could drink more than most any man in her day.
Kept her butt parked on a barstool behind a keno machine at Nickel Charlie's every evening slamming vodka and OJ for years.

I once heard her referred to as a “whiskey drinkin’ heifer”

Pretty accurate?

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
JeffA Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Sumtins holding up a news story coming out.

Seems more to it than waiting to notify the deceased's next of kin, maybe not..

I'm just impatient and curious as hell about who he shot.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 02bfishn, 160user, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 57 invisible), 2,439 guests, and 1,163 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,223
Posts18,466,510
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.