Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
S
Soup Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Folks,
I've got two No.1 rifles in .243Winchester and a 1V in .22-250Remington.
One .243 is a 1a the other is an RSI. I've read where some folks use them for long distance. Mine are both 10 twist so bullets over 100 grains don't stabilize. The .22-250 is a 14 twist. Although I haven't tried anything over 53 grains wouldn't you need to be in the 70-grain weight for over 400 yards?

Thank you in advance for your time and help.
Semper Fi,
Soup

GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
If you can find some 105 Hornady HPBT's then give them a shot in your 243 Soup. They will usually work fine in a 10 twist 243, at sea level as well.

22-250 with a 14 twist is pretty limited. The 52 grain ELD is fairly slick and should stabilize in the 22-250. Hard to get too much more out of them, but it'll get out there decently well.

Good luck!

Semper Fi
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'd rather shoot a GOOD 22LR,than either rifle,chambering or RPM cited. Hint.

Never had a 10" 243 SALAMI make 105 Hornie HPBT's happy. Hint................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
S
Soup Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Thank you for your prompt reply.

I don't understand this gentleman. I'm seeking advice, not looking for arguments.

Soup

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Non-argumentative version: Sir, in my estimation neither rifle nor bore/twist combination you mentioned is suitable for long range work.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Soup
Folks,
One .243 is a 1a the other is an RSI. I've read where some folks use them for long distance. Mine are both 10 twist so bullets over 100 grains don't stabilize. The .22-250 is a 14 twist. Although I haven't tried anything over 53 grains wouldn't you need to be in the 70-grain weight for over 400 yards?

Semper Fi,
Soup

Both of those are well up to the task of being 400 yard guns. Both used to be considered "long range" before manufacturers got behind speedy twists and long/heavy for caliber bullets.

If you want to win shooting matches at 400 yards, they might not be the best choice.

Last edited by PaulBarnard; 05/24/22.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
87 hornady vmax are not a bad way to go in a 10 twist 243.

90 grain lapua scenars are great too.

They will get you to 400 yards or better with ease.

I've never been able to make 105 hornadys work well in any 10 twist 243 I've had. I do most of my shooting at 2500' ASL and while they don't keyhole, I've never got groups good enough to consider them for long range.

There are better ways to get into long range but that 243 with a good scope on top will get you headed in the right direction.

Stick ain't wrong about a good 22 and scope putting you on the fast track to dialing for distance shooting.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
22/250 always low rated because factory twist were 1-14! I’ve got a heavy weight barrel of 1-7 twist and shoot 90 grain Sierra bullets and it’ll kill big whitetail bucks in a flash! Shot a big 260# buck a while back that was 240 yards and at crack of rifle his nose was first thing to hit the dirt! Bullet was put right aft of his shoulder! Never even quivered!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Why when there are much better rounds available?? I suppose if you are shooting deer across food plots and the target is unaware, I am sure they work. But I prefer deer rifles for deer.

Molon Labe
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
Why when there are much better rounds available?? I suppose if you are shooting deer across food plots and the target is unaware, I am sure they work. But I prefer deer rifles for deer.

If you have any trouble killing any deer with those chamberings it’s not the guns fault.

IC B3

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
I am sure but there are far better rounds available. I am betting in Tenn. you are shooting your deer over food plots, bait what have you. I have killed lots of deer with .223, 22-250, Swifts, 243, 6mm. But I don't trust them. Never lost a deer shot with them, but never completely trusted them. Lots of reasons why. Most of my kills with the .223 and .22-250 were in W. Va. shots were short and hundreds of deer. No need to rush.

Molon Labe
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by beretzs
If you can find some 105 Hornady HPBT's then give them a shot in your 243 Soup. They will usually work fine in a 10 twist 243, at sea level as well.

22-250 with a 14 twist is pretty limited. The 52 grain ELD is fairly slick and should stabilize in the 22-250. Hard to get too much more out of them, but it'll get out there decently well.

Good luck!

You got that right. I run the 53 gr Vmax in my 14 twist rifles. They do well, but Hornady says they shouldn't be stabilizing. Maybe the higher elevation helps...?? I haven't even looked to see what the BC is of the 52 ELDM, but the 53Vmax is .290...
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
That’s pretty interesting and maybe I just got lucky with a couple Wins and a few 240 Vanguards with the 105’s but I haven’t had an issue. Doesn’t much matter though as I don’t tend to mess with 10 twist 6mms much anymore anyhow.

Sometimes it’s better to be lucky than good I suppose whistle

Wouldn’t the OPs Ruger stand a chance of being better than a 1-10 anyhow? The few I’ve had were 1-9 I thought but again, could be way wrong.

Semper Fi
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
2 kimbers and a tikka didn't like the 105s for me.

Not sure about Ruger's 243 twist rate, if it's 1 in 9 a lot more doors open up

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Dude270
2 kimbers and a tikka didn't like the 105s for me.

Not sure about Ruger's 243 twist rate, if it's 1 in 9 a lot more doors open up

You’re probably right though about the 87 VMax being a better bet.

Semper Fi
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
1-10

420 yards

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

560 yards

934 yards

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
...The .22-250 is a 14 twist. Although I haven't tried anything over 53 grains wouldn't you need to be in the 70-grain weight for over 400 yards?

No.

It depends upon the wind, but I've shot plenty of prairie dogs out to about 550 yds using 55 gr bullets out of a 22-250. A 1-14 wouldn't be my first choice, but if you can get it to stabilize a 53 gr vmax you'll be good to as far as anyone can reasonably shoot. There's a lot of BS that goes around about people hitting prairie dogs at ridiculous distances. My record is 880 yds and that took me 13 shots with a really accurate 6mmBR. Anyone that tells you that they consistently hit prairie dogs in the first two shots at over 500 yds is full of chit.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Any significant wind will ruin your day at 400+ yards with slow twists and light bullets.

I’ve had good luck getting the Horn 105 BTHP to shoot in a couple of 10” twist .243s, so I’d start there for what you’re trying to do.

If you’re really wanting to shoot 400+ yards in any wind, pick up a 7 or 8” twist .223 and shoot the 75 ELD. Compared to any of the ~50 gr bullets in .224”, your hit percentage in the wind will go way up.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Pard shot his Booner a coupla days ago,se we banged around yesterday and I had The Carbon Queen 22PPC AFI in tow(1-6x Lit Bitch HD and 88 ELD Smooches),Teeker OEM 8" 223(BTR Gen2 2-12x Lit Bitch Mil FFP and 75 ELD Smooches),Peezer 18" Wylde(ACOG 3.5x35 Red 308 Crosshair and 75 Hornie BTHP's to ASC confines) and a 18" Bart barreled Vudoo Spectre wearing 6x MQ. If only as per always,the Vudoo STOLE the fhuqking Show and there was plenty of 500yd+ action. Hint.

22PPC AFI was golden to 1275yds. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

The 223 Teeker to 1000yds. Hint.

The ACOG is a Dirty Mind Fhuqk,as the 75 Hornie HPBT's connect 308 dots amazingly well,hanging to 1000yds. Hint.

THE Show Stopper. Hint.

I never had much in the way of "luck" with Number Ones and muchly prefer HighWalls. Hint.

Now as 6mm bore sizing goes,I shoot a "few" chamberings and all in 8",if not 7" RPM and 105's or better. Hint.

Just sayin'..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Kaleb
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter

If you have any trouble killing any deer with those chamberings it’s not the guns fault.

Hazen (WCH) is/was a big game killing machine.

Don't read where he said he'd have any trouble killing deer, with either, just that He'd rather use something else.

Just because he'd rather use a larger caliber, is no reason to hit him with a stick !

Act your age.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
It’s amazing to read his reply then my reply then your reply and you’re telling me to act my age. Hit with a stick? Really. Read all that again. I didn’t think he had a rude comment. I didn’t think my comment was rude. Mine was not intended to be rude at all. I apologize to him if he took my comment as rude. You sir can go kick rocks though.

Please reread his comment my comment and your comment just one more time. Now tell me who needs to act their age. I don’t think age has anything to do with this.

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Kaleb, and 99. No problem . I still feel why mess with a 22 when far better rounds are here. I have shot dozens of deer and antelope with ,22's.. Why, Just to see if I could do it. Smart ? I prefer to use heavier calibers incase of a late evening shot and the game runs. There are a number of stories on the fire about game well hit, but not being recovered right away due to a poor or no blood trail. It happens, game hit in the vitals, can run a distance, and in failing light it is tough to trail a light blood trail. I guess I am old, and as Elmer said I prefer to do my hunting before I shoot.

Molon Labe
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Bullets matter wayyyyy more than headstamps and Drooling Fhuqktards always "forget" to cite the projectiles used,which fuel their woes. Hint.

Some pics of said pieces of fhuqking schit,would reveal more than a smidge,as Couchbound Kchunts fret Wives Tales. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...................

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Bullets matter wayyyyy more than headstamps and Drooling Fhuqktards always "forget" to cite the projectiles used,which fuel their woes. Hint.

Some pics of said pieces of fhuqking schit,would reveal more than a smidge,as Couchbound Kchunts fret Wives Tales. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...................
If Stick were forced to build a 22-250 what twist would he choose?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Reeferlady,

I needn't make suppositions and can simply talk in the first hand about wares that simply exist,as you Dream aloud. Hint.

Mike Rock cut 7" RPM 22-250 SALAMI bottom far left. MacaMillion A5,Double Ounce Shilen trigger, 25MOA inclination on the 1913,10x MQ...yada,yada,yada. Kisses/pinwheels 75's,88's and 90's as per whim. Hint.

Pass the 224 Speedmire,if only because I shoot it all and then some. Hint.

Just sayin'.

Thank me later.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
I’d hate to embarrass you with pics .

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
AlwaysIndoors,

You REALLY "told" her and ain't it a hoot that you gotta fhuqking steal your signature pic...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Bushelor,

I’d really hate to burst your bubble.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
AlwaysIndoors,

Ain't it a hoot,that besides being a CLUELESS Fhuqk,that you just also "happen" to be Thieving Brokedick...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even you can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Pardon wares that exist,as you Dream aloud. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Ditto

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
AlwaysIndoors,

Is "ditto" your Woke Word for being a Double Thieving Piece Of Fhuqking Schit,upon a single reply...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even you can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..................

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Bushelor,

😘

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
I have a couple 243’s . LMAO

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
AlwaysIndoors,

Pardon wares that exist,as you Dream aloud. It were rude of me not to cite said spout is a Krunchenticker and 4th from bottom. Hint.

You Day Dreaming Droolers are a fhuqking HOOT! Hint.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Pard shot his Booner a coupla days ago,se we banged around yesterday and I had The Carbon Queen 22PPC AFI in tow(1-6x Lit Bitch HD and 88 ELD Smooches),Teeker OEM 8" 223(BTR Gen2 2-12x Lit Bitch Mil FFP and 75 ELD Smooches),Peezer 18" Wylde(ACOG 3.5x35 Red 308 Crosshair and 75 Hornie BTHP's to ASC confines) and a 18" Bart barreled Vudoo Spectre wearing 6x MQ. If only as per always,the Vudoo STOLE the fhuqking Show and there was plenty of 500yd+ action. Hint.

22PPC AFI was golden to 1275yds. Hint.

The 223 Teeker to 1000yds. Hint.

The ACOG is a Dirty Mind Fhuqk,as the 75 Hornie HPBT's connect 308 dots amazingly well,hanging to 1000yds. Hint.

THE Show Stopper. Hint.

I never had much in the way of "luck" with Number Ones and muchly prefer HighWalls. Hint.

Now as 6mm bore sizing goes,I shoot a "few" chamberings and all in 8",if not 7" RPM and 105's or better. Hint.

Just sayin'..................

any body have a translation for this Alaskan Trailer Park Jibberish?

doesn't really matter tho... Schtick just posts this stuff to impress himself... no one else really....

He's his own number one Fan in the Schtick Schitt Show and Fan Club....

but he's still the best entertainment value of the World Wide Web....

My favorite is always his " I shot this fish pictures" displaying it dead along with his rifle, both laying in the water...

it ain't easy being Schtick....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
AlwaysIndoors,

Is "ditto" your Woke Word for being a Double Thieving Piece Of Fhuqking Schit,upon a single reply...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you, Imagination and Pretend are free, so even you can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

No one knows, uses and abuses that more than you do Stumpy....

Imagination and Pretend are Free....

you are so good at slinging such stuff, you really should get into politics... that is truly your calling....

I can see you and Adam Shiff becoming Best of Friends....you're cut from the same cloth...

but most of us like you a hell of a lot more than Adam Shiff....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shefire,

I enjoy that you think of me so often,that you cain't even punctuate for yourself...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery and of course your only "move",as you "live" vicariously astride your Couchbound Kchunt,in your Drooling Brokedicktitude. Simply pardon wares that exist. Hint.

You'd need a co-signer for the line,if only for starters. Hint.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
At 300 and 400 yds.... spend a little time shooting that sort of distance, it gets your eye and trigger finger tuned up to do it on a regular basis..

Monday, Tuesday and Today, I was over at the range just down the road...

with a 223, and twenty rounds loaded with 11 grains of Unique and topped off with a 50 grain Hornady SP bullet...

each day, shoot 10 rounds at a 300 yd Gong... and the other 10 rounds at the 400 yd Gong...

just off season recreational practical, while conserving components

occasional winds have me holding into them at times... but charges like that with Blue Dot, Unique or Alliant Steel, with 40 or 50 grain bullets
will drop them right in there....

and it doesn't kick enough to lose sight picture in the scope...

did the same thing 4 days last week, and 3 or 4 days the week before etc...

Upping that up during hunting season, with heavier bullets and a little bigger cartridge... makes it all the more easier....

Charges that light also ain't puttin much wear and tear on the rifle barrel either....

As Schtick preaches to us all... ya just gotta get out of the outhouse, and quit playing on the innnernet all day out there... and get to shootin sum stuff....

When I'm not busy workin on somethin'... I also spend time bettering myself... I've been picking up some of those DVD programs about how to speak foreign languages.....

Last 6 months, I've been concentrating on the Alaskan Trailer Park Jibberish into English DVD.... Hutch recommended it to me a few years ago...
He's a damn smart Lab... he and I have become real good facebook buddies over the last couple of years....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shefire,

The only things you "shoot" are your mouth and Imagination,the HILARITY of which could only be exceeded by your Toxicology Report...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Your Bumbling CLUELESS Brokedicktitude never disappoints,in it's Magnificent Grandeur. Pardon wares that exist. Hint.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
A solid choice for effectively shooting to 500 yds with a 243 in a 10 twist barrel would be the 95 grain nosler ballistic tip. They are accurate and will stabilize . Great on game performance as well as accuracy. My boy consistently shoots 3.5" to 4" groups at 500 yds with his tikka 243. He has a SS 3x9 scope, and its a good combo. If you want the long bullets get a fast twist barrel and 105s of your choosing. I like Berger hybrids in mine. But you have to make sure you have enough mag length to run the longer bullets. If you are starting from scratch, just get a 6 creed. They already have the right twisted barrel, and proper mag length in place. Same goes for the 22 creed over the 22 250. They are a better designed mouse trap for long range.

Last edited by atse; 05/26/22.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If only in fairness and as 10" RPM 243 Win SALAMI's go,the 90 Skinner is VASTLY superior to the Nuzzler 95 BT,if only applied to Terminal Effects,Precision and Flight Characteristics...unless you count cost too. Hint.

You reap a much better BC and conjoin more velocity with same. Hint.

I've never even heard of a 243 Kreed,let alone .6xx BC .243" projectiles. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I haven't shot the 90 grain scenars in the 243, although I do shoot the 155s in my 308 and have killed alot of critters with it from wolves to elk. If the 90s perform the same way, and I imagine that they do, then they would be a great choice. We have had really good luck with the 95 ballistic tips on game. You can shoot through front shoulders with them, and the heavier jacket holds together well. And as stated, they have been very accurate lending to tight groups at distance. How has the on-game performance of the scenars been in your experience?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'd be VERY impressed,if someone hated NBT's more than I. That being said,the .243" 95gr NBT is easily their best offering...but well shy of a 90gr Skinner. Hint.

It's simply the BEST pitch for a 10" RPM 243 Win SALAMI. Hint................

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Shefire,

I enjoy that you think of me so often,that you cain't even punctuate for yourself...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery and of course your only "move",as you "live" vicariously astride your Couchbound Kchunt,in your Drooling Brokedicktitude. Simply pardon wares that exist. Hint.

You'd need a co-signer for the line,if only for starters. Hint.

cut and pasted from 2010 I'd bet....

yeah Stumpy.... you're livin as large as a short guy can live....

was thinking about you just the other day.... there was a 3 Stooges Marathon on Turner Classic Movies...

you'd have fit right in with those other 3....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
SheFire,

Nobody can blame you,that suffering being you,drives you to "live" vicariously and have a Devout Devotion to Imitating me...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Simply pardon wares that exist and the HILARITY of your Opiate Addled Delusions,which mandate your Drooling Brokedicktitude and Amazing CLUELESSNESS. I keep "forgetting" when 507C's came out?!? Google as you must,it were a typically fine day. Hint.

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even those of your ilk can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
SheFire,

Nobody can blame you,that suffering being you,drives you to "live" vicariously and have a Devout Devotion to Imitating me...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Simply pardon wares that exist and the HILARITY of your Opiate Addled Delusions,which mandate your Drooling Brokedicktitude and Amazing CLUELESSNESS. I keep "forgetting" when 507C's came out?!? Google as you must,it were a typically fine day. Hint.

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even those of your ilk can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Little Men... Little Minds....

nice of you to loan the pistol to the fish so it could commit suicide there Stumpy...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
SheFire,

Ain't it a HILARIOUS constant and testament to your "abilities",that if forced to provide a fish for dinner,you'd be sweating bullets driving to Safeway that they had same and the check wouldn't bounce...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon a single morning for me,exceeding your "Life's" efforts. Hint.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The 243 and the 22-250 are pretty good at long range for prairie dogs.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
SheFire,

Well he caught a fish and soaked another gun. Stick you could do us all a favor and tell us how your guns don't turn into rusty POS?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bugger
The 243 and the 22-250 are pretty good at long range for prairie dogs.

Neither are worth a fhuqk in said platform and/or RPM. Hint.

On the "bright" side however,a 1-14" 22-250 will stabilize the (2) shortest .224" projectiles,illustrated below. Hint.

Pardon an 18" 223 AR,simply CRUSHING a 14" RPM 26" 22-250. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

Rickety,

You be sure to set astride your Couchbound Kchunt with your mouth open,catching flies...you "lucky" kchunt. Oooooopsie! Too late. Hint. Congratulations?!?

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
So they are mostly rusty POS.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rickety,

It is entertainger than fhuqk,that you NEED to Google "Actual Use" and yet haven't the "means","abilities" or "comprehension" to fathom even a FIRST Fhuqking Clue in regards to same...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon a simple morning outing,grossly exceeding your "Life's" "Adventures" and incorporating wares that actually exist. I know that ain't "fair",nor even close. Hint.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Funny that though the fish we catch are different and the creeks are not as rocky that is not the reason I don't pull my pistols out of leather to soak them. In fact I don't carry a 22 because of the variety of odd things that might need a bullet hole around here are bigger than your little imagination.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rickety,

Leather don't begin to make the cut and I reckon NOTHING is more SCARY to you,than a Texas creek...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

NO fhuqking wonder,that you MUST "Live" vicariously and Dream aloud. Keep "convincing" yourself,of those things you need MOST to hear. Hint.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Rickety,

Leather don't begin to make the cut and I reckon NOTHING is more SCARY to you,than a Texas creek...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

NO fhuqking wonder,that you MUST "Live" vicariously and Dream aloud. Keep "convincing" yourself,of those things you need MOST to hear. Hint.

It ain't the creek dipshit it can be the people you meet or a target of opportunity like a feral hog. That is one fugged up looking hat.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rickety,

Your HILARIOUS Delusional Phobias,are undoubtredly due to the simplistic Fact,that (3) dudes wearing sombreros and riding donkeys,took The Alamo easily...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon the "Scary" Hat and associated flashbacks incurred,via your Imagination and Pretend. Hopefully a Dry Bag will grant you the sanctity,to stand your RAGING Torrent of Estrogen Fueled Emotions down?!? Perhaps wax eloquent a bit more,via your perpetual Vagina Monologue,on just how SCARY The "Outdoors" is to Whining Fhuqking Texans. I find it riveting. Hint.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Rickety,

Your HILARIOUS Delusional Phobias,are undoubtredly due to the simplistic Fact,that (3) dudes wearing sombreros and riding donkeys,took The Alamo easily...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon the "Scary" Hat and associated flashbacks incurred,via your Imagination and Pretend. Hopefully a Dry Bag will grant you the sanctity,to stand your RAGING Torrent of Estrogen Fueled Emotions down?!? Perhaps wax eloquent a bit more,via your perpetual Vagina Monologue,on just how SCARY The "Outdoors" is to Whining Fhuqking Texans. I find it riveting. Hint.

Odd that you have to put the year in your pictures. Trust issues?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rickety,

I'm VERY "surprised" to learn that besides your FEAR of Hats and The "Outdoors"(Texas version),that Calendars are rather unsettling for you too...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon 2022 being rather Epic,if only to the chagrin of you Melting Snowflakes. Hint.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Fear of hats? I wear one all the time and unlike you I still have hair. Carrying a 1911 doesn't mean I am afraid of the Texas outdoors it just means I have use for it. Sometimes I carry an early Ruger Vaquero in 45 Colt because I load shot loads in it for snakes. But that is one fugged up hat, not enough brim and panty crown make it look Seattle gay. Or like you have some kind of fetish for Ed Norton.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rickety,

Weren't my intent for you to Re-GoogleFu your Homoerotic Fantasies...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I'm VERY "surprised" just how deeply Traumatized you are in being a "Victim",due a "Life" of extolling same and a deeply rooted FEAR of hats. Texas sure do sound "SCARY!". Hint.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Rickety,

Weren't my intent for you to Re-GoogleFu your Homoerotic Fantasies...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I'm VERY "surprised" just how deeply Traumatized you are in being a "Victim",due a "Life" of extolling same and a deeply rooted FEAR of hats. Texas sure do sound "SCARY!". Hint.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rickety,

You be SURE to keep citing your countless and very WELL founded Insecurities and I'll happily fuel them...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Then expound a bit more on the SCARY Texas "Outdoors" and "all" of your "Adventures". Hint.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Rickety,

You be SURE to keep citing your countless and very WELL founded Insecurities and I'll happily fuel them...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Then expound a bit more on the SCARY Texas "Outdoors" and "all" of your "Adventures". Hint.

A fat Ed Norton! Ha Ha

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rickety,

I'm happy to be whatever you NEED most...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

At least you can "afford" to steal pictures and Whine aloud,in regards to your countless and very WELL founded Insecurities. No wonder the Texas "Outdoors" are soooooo SCARY to you. Hint.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Just having some fun with you, happy Memorial day.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rickety,

I enjoy that you "think" your fhuqking STUPIDITY is a "choice"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Rickety,

I enjoy that you "think" your fhuqking STUPIDITY is a "choice"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You bite like a little perch in a pond. Hah!

Last edited by rickt300; 05/28/22.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rickety,

If it salves your Reality even a LITTLE bit,that you being a CLUELESS Brokedick Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit who's TERRIFIED of The Real Outdoors and especially Hats is "bait",be sure to "sell" it as same...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I'll happily fuel all of them Insecurities,as you "justify" your Nothingness. Simply pardon wares that exist,as you "live" vicariously. Hint.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Folks,

Semper Fi,
Soup

You're up against several issues. Not impossible to get by them but no guarantees.

The first thing is probably the rifles. Ruger #1s, beautiful as they are, aren't usually stellar shooters. There are some design issues that work against them compared to a bolt action. The best #1 I've ever owned was a .375 H&H (stainless/laminated) which would go around 3/4ths of an inch with 260 grain Accubonds. Those in varmint calibers, regardless of the rifle's configuration, haven't been that good, maybe 1.5 MOA on their best day and closer to 2 MOA over the long haul. Some would not hold 4 MOA.

Second is, as you've noted, twist.

Now .. "long distance" means different things to different people. Whether a 1-14" twist in a .22 CF or a 1-10" twist in a 6mm CF is good for "long distance" for varmint shooting depends on your idea of "far". Either will work out to .. oh, say 400 yards, maybe more maybe less.

There's been a lot of back and forth farther up-thread about bullets needed for long distance accuracy. I can agree with both perspectives to a degree. The thing the proponent(s) of the faster twists and higher BC bullets fail to remember is that those bullets do not give terminal performance appropriate to varmint use when they arrive. I'll give you a specific example. A good friend of mine built a 1-9" twist .22-250 AI which was very accurate with the 75 grain AMAX bullets. Was not a problem getting 500 yard hits. The problem was about half of the bullets expanded / blew up as a good varmint bullet should and the other half penciled through without expanding 'til they splattered on the rocks behind the varmint. There'd be a bit of blood left by said critter as it crawled off to die. We, as shooters, have a very marked shortage of bullets that have a high BC for fast twists yet still deliver explosive performance at 500+ yard distances reliably.

For varmint use, in a .22-250, "ideal" is driven by selection of bullets, not absolutes for external ballistics. If it was me I'd go with a 1-12" twist for 60 grain ballistic tips or vmax bullets. There are better choices for long range paper punching or whacking rocks, but for delivering explosive performance, I'm not aware of any and I've been doing "the varmint thing" a long time. In practice, with a 1-14" twist, I've had .. I think 8 rifles in .22-250 or .220 Swift. Only one, a custom Swift, would stabilize low drag 55 grain bullets (ballistic tip), the other 7 rifles required 50s for low drag and accuracy. (The 53 grain VMAX needs a 1-12" twist.)

For .243, the bullets that deliver varmint performance with the highest BC would be the Hornady 87 grain VMAX and Nosler 80 grain Ballistic tips. Other bullets with higher BCs are not designed for varmint bullet -like terminal results. Great game bullets don't make great varmint bullets. With those two, your 1-10" twists will do all that can be done. They work at 400 yards. I've never tested them at 500 or beyond.

So .. as a sort of summary .. I think the accuracy of your rifles is going to be the most limiting factor regarding distance, not bullet weight or twist. I expect the available VARMINT bullets to perform well enough within the distance you can hit a varmint reliably with a #1 in either caliber with the available twists.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
9" is a bust RPM,whether 223,223AI,224 PPC AFI,22BR,22-250,22-250AI,224 Speedmire,Swift or CHeetah. No thang to eek 3500fps outta a 7" RPM Speedmire,with a 75Max/ELD,if only for fhuqking starters. Hint.

It's #8 from far right. Now even you "know". Hint.

Projectile frangibility as per cup/cores,is increased with RPM. I shoot (7) twist rates in 223AI alone,from 7 to 14". Rotational velocity(frangibility),is shed at a slower pace than lineal(impact velocity). Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

B.C. of course is an Insurance Policy on Impact Velocity and gals who've never seen/done it,are quick not to mention same,as you obliviously quantify. Secondly,if only because increased RPM increases frangibility,there is no "down side". Hint.

I shoot a "few" .224" chamberings and in multiple rifles all. Hint.

Nice fhuqking TRY though. It's never been difficult to savvy,who actually fhuqking shoots. Hint.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by T_O_M
Folks,

Semper Fi,
Soup

You're up against several issues. Not impossible to get by them but no guarantees.

The first thing is probably the rifles. Ruger #1s, beautiful as they are, aren't usually stellar shooters. There are some design issues that work against them compared to a bolt action. The best #1 I've ever owned was a .375 H&H (stainless/laminated) which would go around 3/4ths of an inch with 260 grain Accubonds. Those in varmint calibers, regardless of the rifle's configuration, haven't been that good, maybe 1.5 MOA on their best day and closer to 2 MOA over the long haul. Some would not hold 4 MOA.

Second is, as you've noted, twist.

Now .. "long distance" means different things to different people. Whether a 1-14" twist in a .22 CF or a 1-10" twist in a 6mm CF is good for "long distance" for varmint shooting depends on your idea of "far". Either will work out to .. oh, say 400 yards, maybe more maybe less.

There's been a lot of back and forth farther up-thread about bullets needed for long distance accuracy. I can agree with both perspectives to a degree. The thing the proponent(s) of the faster twists and higher BC bullets fail to remember is that those bullets do not give terminal performance appropriate to varmint use when they arrive. I'll give you a specific example. A good friend of mine built a 1-9" twist .22-250 AI which was very accurate with the 75 grain AMAX bullets. Was not a problem getting 500 yard hits. The problem was about half of the bullets expanded / blew up as a good varmint bullet should and the other half penciled through without expanding 'til they splattered on the rocks behind the varmint. There'd be a bit of blood left by said critter as it crawled off to die. We, as shooters, have a very marked shortage of bullets that have a high BC for fast twists yet still deliver explosive performance at 500+ yard distances reliably.

For varmint use, in a .22-250, "ideal" is driven by selection of bullets, not absolutes for external ballistics. If it was me I'd go with a 1-12" twist for 60 grain ballistic tips or vmax bullets. There are better choices for long range paper punching or whacking rocks, but for delivering explosive performance, I'm not aware of any and I've been doing "the varmint thing" a long time. In practice, with a 1-14" twist, I've had .. I think 8 rifles in .22-250 or .220 Swift. Only one, a custom Swift, would stabilize low drag 55 grain bullets (ballistic tip), the other 7 rifles required 50s for low drag and accuracy. (The 53 grain VMAX needs a 1-12" twist.)

For .243, the bullets that deliver varmint performance with the highest BC would be the Hornady 87 grain VMAX and Nosler 80 grain Ballistic tips. Other bullets with higher BCs are not designed for varmint bullet -like terminal results. Great game bullets don't make great varmint bullets. With those two, your 1-10" twists will do all that can be done. They work at 400 yards. I've never tested them at 500 or beyond.

So .. as a sort of summary .. I think the accuracy of your rifles is going to be the most limiting factor regarding distance, not bullet weight or twist. I expect the available VARMINT bullets to perform well enough within the distance you can hit a varmint reliably with a #1 in either caliber with the available twists.

Tom
Very good analysis and advice. If the OP needs to ask about the .243 Win and 22-250 for long distance, he's not going to be shooting over 450 yards effectively for quite some time. What he's got will suffice for a few years until he gets competent for the longer shots.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
SniffleKchunt,

You "Crusading" CLUELESS Karens are a fhuqking HOOT!...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Gals who 'know" and "do" as "much" as you,are ALWAYS best served by asking questions,rather than giving "answers". Here's to the fhuqking HILARITY,that you can't even "do" that "much". Hint.

Mechanics simply matter,despite all of it sailing over your pointy head. A GOOD 22LR as cited initially,is THE Key to The Kingdom. Hint.

Bless your heart for trying though!

Hint.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Whittaker’s had/have 1-8” 22-250 tikkas. That would be a nice move to make provided the scope works. Pretty much a turn key rifle. I spend the $10 on trigger springs but I think they’re better than most as they come. A set of sports match rings and a swfa 6x scope would be hard to beat for the investment.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That chambering,in said RPM do nice thangs up to and including .545 BC 88 ELD's,whether in OEM guise or punched 224 Speedmire. All from issued mag constraints. Hint.

If only for conversation,that is every projectile,excepting (1) in this line up. Hint.

I'll take a 40 MOA Mountain Tac' 1913 extended rail and Swiffer Low's. Hint.

'Tis a rather fhuqking ROBUST mounting system. Hint...............

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I don’t need one but will probably order one. Since I’ll want it cut to 17” and threaded it might as well get punched out too while it’s there. Perfect play toy and deer rifle. Then again I’m doing the same thing with the same thing in 223 just loading less powder.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
SniffleKchunt,

You "Crusading" CLUELESS Karens are a fhuqking HOOT!...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Gals who 'know" and "do" as "much" as you,are ALWAYS best served by asking questions,rather than giving "answers". Here's to the fhuqking HILARITY,that you can't even "do" that "much". Hint.

Mechanics simply matter,despite all of it sailing over your pointy head. A GOOD 22LR as cited initially,is THE Key to The Kingdom. Hint.

Bless your heart for trying though!

Hint.

With all the hundreds of rifles you buy, and the thousands of chamberings, and even more variety with projectiles, are they just for photographs to impress forum members...how do you get hunting experience with each of them?

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Riflehunter

You brought up an interesting point. Just assume that Larry has 500 guns. (From his pictures and claims, I'd guess that would be a vast understatement, but we'll go with 500.
And let's say Larry never works, and hunts 12 hours a day.
12hours a day x 365 days = 4380 hours.

if you divide 4380 by 500, you get 8.76 hours, per average that Larry uses each rifle.
That's if he doesn't work, and hunts 12 hours a day.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Kudos on you Woke Crying Karens Melting Down,as you examine your Whining Brokedicktitude and copious WELL founded Insecurities...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Perhaps you Professional "Victims" can combine your "resources" and "abilities",to REALLY make a "stand"? Might I suggest you start with holding your collective breath and inch towards stomping your itty-bitty feet in unison,as you Hissy your Fits in that soothing High-Pitched Nasal Whine?!? Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

If only in the interest of "fairness",I only have (5) 224 Speedmires. 7" RPM version here(I've more in like RPM) and in an M40A1 matching number Return Handle,from Dick Davis. 90gr Beer Cans seem to fly fine at 3200fps+. Thoughts? Google as you MUST. Hint.

Keep submitting your very WELL founded Hurt Feeler Reports,as you Crying Kchunts extoll upon your Estrogen Levels and Bank Accounts. As an aside,what do you "Hard Chargers" do for a "living",which mandates your Whining Kchuntitude? Hint.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Kudos on you Woke Crying Karens Melting Down,as you examine your Whining Brokedicktitude and copious WELL founded Insecurities...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Perhaps you Professional "Victims" can combine your "resources" and "abilities",to REALLY make a "stand"? Might I suggest you start with holding your collective breath and inch towards stomping your itty-bitty feet in unison,as you Hissy your Fits in that soothing High-Pitched Nasal Whine?!? Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

If only in the interest of "fairness",I only have (5) 224 Speedmires. 7" RPM version here(I've more in like RPM) and in an M40A1 matching number Return Handle,from Dick Davis. 90gr Beer Cans seem to fly fine at 3200fps+. Thoughts? Google as you MUST. Hint.

Keep submitting your very WELL founded Hurt Feeler Reports,as you Crying Kchunts extoll upon your Estrogen Levels and Bank Accounts. As an aside,what do you "Hard Chargers" do for a "living",which mandates your Whining Kchuntitude? Hint.

You didn't answer the question: "With all the hundreds of rifles you buy, and the thousands of chamberings, and even more variety with projectiles, are they just for photographs to impress forum members...how do you get hunting experience with each of them?"

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Riflehunter

You didn't answer the question: "With all the hundreds of rifles you buy, and the thousands of chamberings, and even more variety with projectiles, are they just for photographs to impress forum members...how do you get hunting experience with each of them?"
Stick is legion and they are many.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
SniffleKchunt,

I can't answer why you are a Whining CLUELESS Drooling Brokedick Fhuqktard,other than due your "means","abilities" and "comprehension"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon wares that exist,while you GoogleFu for your FIRST Fhuqking Clue. Hint.

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I'd be VERY impressed,if someone hated NBT's more than I. That being said,the .243" 95gr NBT is easily their best offering...but well shy of a 90gr Skinner. Hint.

It's simply the BEST pitch for a 10" RPM 243 Win SALAMI. Hint................

I've heard rumors that despite their weight, the 105 bthp is short enough to stabilize from a 10 twist Montana.

I'll know whether or not she keyholes at my altitude here in a few weekends as it won't cost me much to find out. . .

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Capt',

It's no joy in my atmosphere,which is easily amongst the MOST unforgiving and this being the highest density per capita on The Planet,for said platform. Hint.

Hopefully it goes your way. Hint...............

S
Soup Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Gentlemen
,Thank you all for your replies.

The 22-250 is mostly a paper punching ground hog rifle .
Coyotes and PA wt deer for the 243 .

400 yards at my age is past long range, I don’t expect a shot over 300 for ground hogs . For deer hunting in PA, most, not all but most, are less than 100 yards.

Ruger No.1 rifles need , Load development,barrel floating and trigger work / replacement.

Once again I appreciate your input.

Semper Fi
Soup

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Poop,

You cited thusly:

In fairness,Retard Twisted Number Ones are MUCH better bets at the 100yd line,than the distance you initially cited(400yds). Hint.

As to Ruger Falling Blocks: Kiss,find pressure and rock on,same as anything else. Celt got that schit right(hanger). Your scope(s) CERTAINLY sucks ass too. Hint.

I'm VERY "surprised",that nobody has lauded the merits of a GOOD 22LR,instead of herded said Goat Fhuqks. Hint.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Riflehunter

When all is said and done, he gets a hell of a lot more said than done.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
KenBitchagain,

Here's to the HILARITY of your exceedingly WELL founded insecurities and the simplistic Facts,that on top of being a Drooling CLUELESS Fhuqktard,that you just also "happen" to be a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon wares that exist,as you "live" vicariously astride your Couchbound Kchunt. Hint.

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

Ain't no signature or date on that target there Stick............

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rickety,

The quicker you come to grips with your HILARIOUS Brokedicktitude and copious WELL founded Insecurities,the sooner you'll quit Whining...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
***You are ignoring this user***

5 words that piss off a narccissist

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
KenBitchagain,

Rest ASSURED,that the last fhuqking thing I'd wanna do,is to diminish any of the "thunder" of your Imagination and Pretend,if only because it's all that you "got" and that would be mean...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You needn't reiterate that besides being a CLUELESS Drooling Fhuqktard,that you just "happen" to be a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit in addition. Hint.

Pardon wares that exist,as you are glued to my EVERY word and Splendid Pixel. Hint.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Rickety,

The quicker you come to grips with your HILARIOUS Brokedicktitude and copious WELL founded Insecurities,the sooner you'll quit Whining...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You forgot to soak that rifle.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rickety,

Every once in a while,it ain't raining and now even you "know"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon wares that exist. Hint.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
ya'll leave twiggey alone. his sister quit putting out for him again

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
44empty,

If only in ballpark figures,just how many times a day do you "think" about me and what am I wearing...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I rather enjoy your Melting Snowflake Brokedick Woketitude,as you gals are some REAL "hard chargers". Hint.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
44empty,

If only in ballpark figures,just how many times a day do you "think" about me and what am I wearing...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I rather enjoy your Melting Snowflake Brokedick Woketitude,as you gals are some REAL "hard chargers". Hint.

It has to be a wet SOB where you live Stick. Worse than Washington state it looks like.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rickety,

You suck a MEAN ass and it rains nearly a full 3" a year here in Kansas...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
44empty,

Why are the eyes so pale on that fish? It doesn't look very fresh.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
SniffleKchunt,

Had you EVER seen a fish,or could afford a camera,you'd have something bordering a FIRST Clue...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

That victim was pulled out of the freezer,just like this one. "Sorry" about the SCARY hat and schit. Hint.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
SniffleKchunt,

Had you EVER seen a fish,or could afford a camera,you'd have something bordering a FIRST Clue...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

That victim was pulled out of the freezer,just like this one. "Sorry" about the SCARY hat and schit. Hint.

You still haven't answered the question how you manage to have hunting experience with each of your so many guns in so many chamberings with so many different projectiles for each chambering?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
SniffleKchunt,

Kansas is my Safe Haven,because the Topography is forgiving and the arid weather soothing,as you fixate me in your EVERY waking thought and Dream...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardons wares that exist. Hint.

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute",as you Whine aloud in that Brokedick High Pitched Nasal Tone I love to hear! Hint.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
SniffleKchunt,

Did someone hit that with their boat?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
AlwaysIndoors,

I've not handed someone a personal check and cashed out a new boat,since barely (3) days ago...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute",as you Whine aloud in that Brokedick High Pitched Nasal Tone I love to hear! Hint.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
AlwaysIndoors,

I've not handed someone a personal check and cashed out a new boat,since barely (3) days ago...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Congrats on the boat.Get any paddles with it?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
AlwaysIndoors,

I reckon your Minimum Wage Brokedicktitude,do in fact taint your abilities to factor wares available to others...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

At least you can "afford" to steal Memes and such. Hint.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Great thread!

Stick is winning.

😂😂😂

The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Great thread!

Stick is winning.

😂😂😂
Little Stick is going to want to impress you even more with his cross-dressing.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Great thread!

Stick is winning.

😂😂😂

It looked like that perch was kicking his azz to me..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rickt300
Or like you have some kind of fetish for Ed Norton.

LOL ...... That is some funny stuff right there. smile

BS will have to toss his hat in the creek for that reply. Pics to follow.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You ladies are certainly a "rugged" and "hard charging" lot...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you gals,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute",as you Whine aloud in unison with that Brokedick High Pitched Nasal Tone I love to hear! Hint.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Great thread!

Stick is winning.

😂😂😂
That's funny because I think people that's been here a while I know exactly what Stick thinks of your buddy Jon Burns

Last edited by ldholton; 05/30/22.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hats are SCARY,especially in Texas and Canada. Hint.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
SniffleKchunt,

Did someone hit that with their boat?
I know nothing about fish in that part of the world I got to ask what kind of fish is that?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A Large,crowding Extra Large and a VERY Scary Hat. Hint.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
In fairness,I've caught some nice fish,but it's always ALL about The SCARY Hat. Hint.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Scary hat? Start your next fire with it, if it will burn.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rickety,

Noone would know better than you,just how SCARY hats,rocks and water are to a Couchbound CLUELESS Crying Texan...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon wares that exist and the unsettling stench of Testosterone,to your Estrogen fueled existence. Hint.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular

Nice Buck!

Ernie "The Un-Tactical"

[Linked Image]
http://sebrests-usa.com/
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Whining CLUELESS Brokedick SCARY Hat Hate is real! Hint.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Folks,

Semper Fi,
Soup

Yes, 22's and 6mm's can work great for distance, in guns that are properly twisted, and using the heavy's in each caliber.
I would also prefer a bolt rig myself.
I am assuming you are talking about hunting big game?
I haven't done much hunting of big game deer/antelope with 22's, but they have worked for me.
I have used 6mm's more for sure (deer/antelope), but not at distances beyond 400 yards.
6mm for pd's-Yes! Past 1500 yards

Ernie "The Un-Tactical"

[Linked Image]
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Rickety,

Noone would know better than you,just how SCARY hats,rocks and water are to a Couchbound CLUELESS Crying Texan...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon wares that exist and the unsettling stench of Testosterone,to your Estrogen fueled existence. Hint.

Guess you would have to dry it to burn it.

Last edited by rickt300; 05/30/22.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rickety,

You keep making them SCARY excuses,to prevent you from The Real Outdoors...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Hah!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rickety,

Them SCARY hats are disconcerting...you 'lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Sure those skinny gay looking brims are terrifying. You could soak it in gas then light it up.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rickety,

If only because your Homoerotic Hat Sizing Fetish is the only thing you can speak to in the first hand,regarding The Outdoors,feel free to state your minimum diameter requirements,to be satitated...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Please don't get Little Stick excited by mentioning his favorite topic: Homoerotic fantasies.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sniffle Kchunt,

What McDonald's might you "work" at...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

PLEASE feel free to Imagine,that you "could too". Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

You CLUELESS Crying Karens are a fhuqking HOOT! Hint.

Fortunately for you Kchunts,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Little Stick, you silly little man...do you really think you earn more than everyone else on this forum?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sniffle Kchunt,

Your Checking Account concerns are justified,you Whining Brokedick..."lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon an average day,exceeding your wildest Pay Day Dreams. Hint.

Fortunately for you Kchunts,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Sniffle Kchunt,

Your Checking Account concerns are justified,you Whining Brokedick..."lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon an average day,exceeding your wildest Pay Day Dreams. Hint.

Little Stick, this is not a dating forum, I'm not interested in what you do etc, I've got a girlfriend and even if I didn't I still wouldn't be interested in a gay romance.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sniffle Kchunt,

It's YOUR Imagination,simply Pretend with it as you MUST... you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Be SURE to lament your HILARIOUS short comings aloud. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Simply pardon wares that exist,as you concoct your next "advantage". Hint.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
That 32" Homelite doesn't do anything for your image

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by KenMi
That 32" Homelite doesn't do anything for your image

After every tree he just throws it in the creek and forgets about it. That picture is 30 years old.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
22/250 & 243 are great long range rounds.......

If they had 1/8 twist barrels.

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
And why wouldn't they be?

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
KenBitchagain,

I rather enjoy that besides being a CLUELESS Drooling Dumbfhuqk,that you are also a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Guess again ..... Hats ain't scary in Canada. At least I don't have to stand on mine to see over the edge of the coffee table. smile

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
SuperKchunt,

Imitation is THE most Sincere for of Flattery,perhaps add some punctuation...you "lucky" kchunt. Ooooopsie! too late! Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your hear,for almost being able to do for yourself. Almost.

Hint.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
SuperKchunt,

Imitation is THE most Sincere for of Flattery,perhaps add some punctuation...you "lucky" kchunt. Ooooopsie! too late! Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your hear,for almost being able to do for yourself. Almost.

Hint.

Fantastic pic!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It ain't even close to "fair". Hint.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by SuperCub

Guess again ..... Hats ain't scary in Canada. At least I don't have to stand on mine to see over the edge of the coffee table. smile

Ha Ha Ha yep.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You gals be sure to combine "powers",so as to keep it "fair"...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Be sure to start a Thread,if one of you gals happens to go Outdoors this year. Hint.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You gals be sure to combine "powers",so as to keep it "fair"...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Be sure to start a Thread,if one of you gals happens to go Outdoors this year. Hint.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Hah! You didn't start this one butthead.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Pardon wares that exist and a typical day,exceeding your "Life's" "Adventures". Hint.

Be sure to start a Thread,if one of you gals happens to go Outdoors this year. Watch out for SCARY Hats too! Hint.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Pardon wares that exist and a typical day,exceeding your "Life's" "Adventures". Hint.

Be sure to start a Thread,if one of you gals happens to go Outdoors this year. Watch out for SCARY Hats and SCARY Water too! Hint.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Imitation is THE most Sincere for of Flattery

LOL ..... Only you would think there was some imitation "of you" going one here, you twit.

You're so dumb, you make the average village half-wit look brilliant.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Depends on what YOU CALL long range!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Is this long range? 107 gr. SMK .243

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by RIO7

I'm getting the 6MM bug, hate to rebarrel my 260 though. Still shoots to dam good.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rickt300
Originally Posted by RIO7

I'm getting the 6MM bug, hate to rebarrel my 260 though. Still shoots to dam good.

Do It! grin

Ernie "The Un-Tactical"

[Linked Image]
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
3 or 400 more rounds!

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
5 rounds at 1800 yards. Rio7

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good shooting Blue. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Thanks Miles. Rio7

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

627 members (19rabbit52, 1badf350, 007FJ, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 1936M71, 65 invisible), 2,590 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,689
Posts18,456,511
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.