Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
My Dad had been working on replacing our formica kitchen counter top ( 1973 ) I was twelve or so. My Folks went to dinner with my Aunt and Uncle, that left me and my Sisters at home with a babysitter.The counter top was almost finished, except the final edges. I thought I would surprise Dad with some handy work with a rasp. eek I got a little too aggressive and FCKED the whole thing up. Dad was not too happy with me, he's 86 and is doing really good! Love ya Pops !

Care to share a story ?

Last edited by AKCHOPPER; 05/24/22.

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...
GB1

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
My dad pranked me by putting toothpaste on the earpiece of the phone and telling me there was a call for me. I picked it up and stuck toothpaste in my ear.

So, being ten, I thought it would be funny to use pump hand soap and put a half inch in each of his loafers.

He did not think that was funny, nor appropriate payback. Lol

Last edited by mjbgalt; 05/24/22.
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
My dad had a baseball he had signed by Joe Dimaggio when he met him in high school. I was 3 or younger and I swiped it off his dresser. I played with it wearing off the signature. He still has the old ball. In my defense I argued that he should have had it in a protective case.

O
OGB Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
O
Sassed mom when I was 14 only to turn around and meet dad face to face. He drug me down the hall to their room, closed the door grabbed me by the front of the shirt and slapped me so hard my ears are still ringing. Then pulled me nose to nose and calmly explained that if I ever talked to mom like that again, he'd beat me to within an inch of my life.

Curred

Bore size is no substitute for shot placement and
Power is no substitute for bullet performance. 458WIN
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
6 years old. My dad loved woodworking of any type. He spent a good three weeks on a beautiful book case and was so proud of it, putting it in the living room.

Next week I found one of his pocket knives and carved little designs on that damn bookcase. I was so proud of my work and couldn’t wait to show it off. When he saw it he reached for the first thing he could find…a long section from a Lincoln Log set and proceeded to beat the living hell outta me. My sweet mama, in her strong southern accent, said “Lawd Henry, ya gonna kill that boy!”

They’re both gone now, but that book case is in my house. Carvings still present.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
rasp

A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Noted.

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think pretty much everything I did pissed my Dad off. He bought me luggage for high school graduation.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Breathe some days.

Me

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Must have been around "72" or so, he let me use the car one night, got raising hell with it and broke a brake line.

I managed to get it back to the house and was too afraid to tell him about it. The next morning, he was on his way to work, and managed to find himself and the car backed into the woods. Not impressed with me wouldn't even begin to describe it.

IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Set up a target for practicing with my bb gun. At the tender age of 8, I didn’t understand the concept of a backstop. Shot the hell out of the front windshield of the ‘59 Chevy.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I think just waking up did it most days

there is no man more free than he who has nothing left to lose --unknown--
" If it bleeds we can kill it" Conan The Barbarian
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Report cards. Seems like every time I brought one home he'd have a load of wood to split, or 5 gallons of walnuts to hull. I remember bringing one in with failing grades. He asked me how it happened, and I replied I don't know. Wrong answer. He smacked the hell outta me grabbed me by the shirt collar buttons flying off everywhere. Thought he was gonna kill me. Got the business for smoking til he found out my mother was the one buying them for me. I sure do miss dad

Romans 5:1
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Was into "science" early - got a "chemistry set" for Christmas, and then branched out. Figured out how to make a paste (precipitate) that, when dried, would oxidize really fast (bang and purple smoke). One summer day cut a bunch of small squares of light cardboard and put a blob of the paste on each - spread them out on the basement floor to dry.

Dad and I were watching a Phillies game that evening (early TV days) and between innings he went to the basement (barefoot) to get some ice cream from the freezer. You guessed it.

Bang, bang, bang and shouting and more bang, bang, bang as he hopped around trying to escape the unexpected and unknown devil beneath him. I ran to the top of the stairs, and down there he stood fuming in a cloud of light purple smoke - still stunned. It took a while for that one to settle.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
Set up a target for practicing with my bb gun. At the tender age of 8, I didn’t understand the concept of a backstop. Shot the hell out of the front windshield of the ‘59 Chevy.

LOL. I knocked my dads motorcycle over while climbing on it on the porch. It was loud and I panicked and considered running off then coming home later acting surprised and blaming the Gypsies again. Had previously gotten off the hook kicking a soccer ball through the window that way. But I froze and when he came bursting out to the porch he was relieved I hadn’t knocked it over on myself.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
In your defense it was a backstop, although a poor choice

Romans 5:1
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Had a step corksucker, didn’t have to do anything to get hurt. If he had a bad day, everyone was too

Last edited by hanco; 05/24/22.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I would have a hard time listing all the things that set my dad off. He had a nasty temper at times, but could also be the funniest guy around at times. I'm not sure we ever did come to an agreement so we kind of just kept our peace between us the best we could and let it go at that... my three brothers had something to do with it, I'm sure, but they also had a tough time of it when it came to dad...

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Set his Dodge Powerwagon on fire while jack lightning deer

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
1948…was born

Mathew 22: 37-39

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 1eyedmule, 10Glocks, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 52 invisible), 2,647 guests, and 1,259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,565
Posts18,453,783
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.