24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I carry a pocket watch and a Buck 110 auto, in a sheath on my belt.

Virgil B.

BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I wear a Seiko Solar watch and am never without my Kershaw Scallion

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I have a lot of watches and knives, so it could be anything, but I usually carry a Benchmade of some sort. This week is a Benchmade 940 and a Casio Pro-Trek.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I rotate between about 6 straps for my Timex Expedition as the primary work watch. I got a handful of other watches. One for the boat, a dressier two tone Baume and Mercier Clifton, and some other mechanicals, solars and quartzes. Maybe around 7-8 total.
Knives are mostly a leather man at work, plus a CRKT Krommer assisted opening, at home that same knife or a Russel folder that’s all steel including the handle. When cutting hay baling twine, I use my serrated Cutco folder.

"For some unfortunates, poisoned by city sidewalks ... the horn of the hunter never winds at all" Robert Ruark, The Horn of the Hunter

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Casio Illuminator here. I usually go through 1 or 2 every year cutting trees so $20 is my budget.

I always have my Leatherman on my belt. I never realized how often I used it until I forgot it at home a couple times.

WS

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by Longbob
Originally Posted by jorgeI
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Nice Pepsi! I am almost like a woman when it comes to watches. I have several and it depends on what I am doing and my particular mood. General day to day office work I will wear an Omega Seamaster, Rolex Submariner, Tag Carrera, or Seiko. I have a couple of watch winders and this helps a lot. I am Jonesing for a Grand Seiko Lake Suwa. I will carry my William Henry pocket knife.

When I am working on stuff mechanically or yard work I like to wear a GShock and carry my Gerber pocket knife.

You Submariner whores!

(Just kidding).

😂😂😊😊

That is no joke. I feel like I have been forked when I got the service estimate on mine last week. Normal service plus the face and hands need to be replaced. $1,600 But at least it was the first service on it for 20 years. 20 more before the next based on how I seem to wear it.

Wait til you lose one or have one stolen..

That's a GMT, not a Submariner

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Somewhat of a side note. We just got back from the Grand Caymans. Went into Kirk Freeport there and picked up a new Rolex for my wife with a chocolate face. I was surprised how good it looked. There wasn't a single men's Rolex in the entire store. Couldn't believe it.

It almost got expensive while we were walking around. I am a sslut for a beautiful watch dial. They had a gorgeous Patek Philippe womens Caltrava blue dial. We both fell in love with it, but I told her I guessed it would be $40,000. I was close it was $37,000. Too much for us.

One of my favorite watches is my Seiko Presage Cocktail time with a light blue champagne dial. It was $400 and one of the most gorgeous watches I have seen in my opinion especially for the price.

Rolex makes about 1m watches a year with no desire to increase production, demand is about 10x production, probably more. The "sport" watches are most in demand, the GMT, Submariner, Explorer, Milguass, AirKing, Daytona and others. Rolex gold watches are mostly available. I've worn one of four models for 40 years, the last one in 2019 was the only one that was difficult to acquire. Now they are almost impossible for the typical consumer.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Teal
I've always appreciated the art of fine watches and wanted one but am so ignorant to what actually constitutes a fine watch and not just a name - never bothered to save for one.

IMHO, find watches begin and end with an automatic movement, no battery, just wear and wind occasionally. This can include a $300 Seiko or a $10k Rolex. There's a "fine" watch at about every $1,000 increment, depending on what the wearer wants.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BulletBud
My older son graduated Summa Cum Laude from high school in 1989. I asked him what he’d like for a present and he said “a Rolex”. I bought him an Air King from a local jeweler for about $900. After a week or so I thought gee if my 18 year old has a Rolex, I should get one too, so I bought another Air King for myself. When my wife saw how nice our watches were, she wanted one too. The Ladies Air King cost 50% more than the men’s model, since they’re so much smaller. Two years later Son #2 said he wanted one too but with a different color face. My local jeweler told me I’m his best Rolex customer and asked if I had any more kids, and I said no, that’s the end of our Rolex purchases. That same watch 30+ years later sells for $3099+ used.

My first Rolex was an AirKing, purchased new in 1982 in the Bahamas for $400. That watch today is over $6k. I wore it for fifteen years and traded it for $900.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 257Bob
Originally Posted by jorgeI
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Nice Pepsi! I am almost like a woman when it comes to watches. I have several and it depends on what I am doing and my particular mood. General day to day office work I will wear an Omega Seamaster, Rolex Submariner, Tag Carrera, or Seiko. I have a couple of watch winders and this helps a lot. I am Jonesing for a Grand Seiko Lake Suwa. I will carry my William Henry pocket knife.

When I am working on stuff mechanically or yard work I like to wear a GShock and carry my Gerber pocket knife.

You Submariner whores!

(Just kidding).

😂😂😊😊

That is no joke. I feel like I have been forked when I got the service estimate on mine last week. Normal service plus the face and hands need to be replaced. $1,600 But at least it was the first service on it for 20 years. 20 more before the next based on how I seem to wear it.

Wait til you lose one or have one stolen..

That's a GMT, not a Submariner

Rolex. Out.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No watch.....I own a smart phone
No knife either

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by tedthorn
No watch.....I own a smart phone
No knife either
Fag. grin

P
PWN Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
When I wear a suit I wear a Citizen Eco Drive square face and carry a mini Victorinox so I am never without a knife. Most courthouses will let it slide and if they don't I am not out much when I need to toss one because a bought 25 of them for .50 each about 15 years ago from E-bay that had been TSA confiscated. Causal wear I have a Timex Indiglo and carry the mini Victorinox and a Microtech Ultratech or a Gerber pocket clip Multitool.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Work- timex, Luminox, Casio. SOG or Leatherman multi tool
Other- Rolex Submariner purchased in 1079
Always have a Spyderco Seki Japan clipped in my front left pocket.

Patron member, NRA, Life Member SCI,
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EQFD193

That Rolex has lasted quite a few years! grin

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by EQFD193

Was that 1079 B.C., or 1079 A.D.?? If 1079 B.C., it might have been worn by Spartan King Leonidas at the Battle of Thermopylae.

If so, it would be quite a treasure to a Rolex collector. grin

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm not reading through this whole thread only to post that I believe that asking a man what kind of watch and pocket knife he wears/carries is very ......................

Impolite.

Is there no civility left in this world?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Well I don't mind answering an impolite question! Haven't carried or worn a watch, since September 28th, 2014. I do carry a Buck 303t everyday. Also one of various multitools, that I seem to aquire birthdays and fathers day, from family members!

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Originally Posted by Valsdad
I'm not reading through this whole thread only to post that I believe that asking a man what kind of watch and pocket knife he wears/carries is very ......................

Impolite.

Lighten up Francis! 😁

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Impolite.

Says a guy posting in an Anal Bleaching thread...

Me

Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
122 members (16penny, 257_X_50, 338Rules, 444Matt, 32_20fan, 15 invisible), 1,835 guests, and 877 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,684
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.