Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Don't wear watches, they never last longer than a week when i wear them, just stop working. pocket knife an Opinel.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by EQFD193
Work- timex, Luminox, Casio. SOG or Leatherman multi tool
Other- Rolex Submariner purchased in 1079
Always have a Spyderco Seki Japan clipped in my front left pocket.

That Rolex has lasted quite a few years! grin
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
Originally Posted by EQFD193
Work- timex, Luminox, Casio. SOG or Leatherman multi tool
Other- Rolex Submariner purchased in 1079
Always have a Spyderco Seki Japan clipped in my front left pocket.
I actually worn out the SS band to the point where it could not be repaired( 40 years on the wrist will do that...Original Purchase price around $760.00...Still have the receipt somewhere) So I found a company called Rubber B that makes a quality rubber strap that I was able to use with my Rolex clasp on....still on my wrist.

Was that 1079 B.C., or 1079 A.D.?? If 1079 B.C., it might have been worn by Spartan King Leonidas at the Battle of Thermopylae.

If so, it would be quite a treasure to a Rolex collector. grin smile !!

L.W.

Patron member, NRA, Life Member SCI,
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Today my wrist is adorned by a Timex Expedition and my right pocket has clipped to it a Pro-Tech Emerson Auto.

Last edited by sidepass; 05/24/22.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I know lots of guys stopped wearing watches because of their cell phones. I just find it much more convenient to glance at my wrist than getting the phone out. Plus, there are a lot of times I intentionally leave my phone behind.

On my 18th birthday I received a citizen dive watch. I wore it daily for 15 years until it died. It was replaced with another one which now sits at the bottom of Seeley Lake, Montana. Oops.

Now I wear a G-shock. I really like this awgm100. It is slightly smaller than most G-shock and lighter. The band feels comfortable. Solar powered and sets itself with the US atomic clock every night. Stopwatch, timer, alarms, etc. It is what I wear most days. For a knife, I carry a small, inexpensive outdoor edge knife most of the time

If I am going to get dirty, I wear this older GWM digital G-shock. The knife for the outdoor days depending on what I am doing. The Swiss Army knife is from my grandparents. I received it as a gift when they were living in Germany in 1988. They went to Switzerland and brought this Huntsmans back for me and one for my brother.

The Gerber bolt action I bought in the early 90s. I have had the orange Gerber gator with 154 CM steel for about 15 years now. I love the blade and feel of the knife. It keeps a great edge. My dog got ahold of it and the handle got torn up a little.

I got the benchmade for my birthday present this year but obviously it’s not a pocket knife. I love knives with bright colored blades. They are so much easier to find when I sit them down. And yes, I know I scratched the blades learning to sharpen them along time ago. Now I know how.

I set the watches and knives on my dirty carpet for a quick picture

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The never-ending flight
Of future days.
Paradise Lost. Book ii. Line 221
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Nice pics, I guess I should've posted a pic...maybe later.

You guys/gals have some nice watches and knives. I think I'm in good company...except for those with the multi-bike metric spandex tools...not so sure about them yet.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't carry a wrist watch, but I watch watches being repaired.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Garmin forerunner.

Carrying a pm2 today.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Clarkm
I don't carry a wrist watch, but I watch watches being repaired.

I have caught his restoration videos before. He is very talented, but his commentary makes it pretty damn funny to listen to as he is restoring these pieces.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I haven't worn a watch in at least 25 years. Spiderco in the pocket.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by dakotakidd
Garmin forerunner.

Carrying a pm2 today.

Great photo!

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Bali Song butterfly knife in back pocket, a Benchmade auto in front pocket
Leatherman Super Tool on belt

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by IDMilton
Now I wear a G-shock. I really like this awgm100. It is slightly smaller than most G-shock and lighter. The band feels comfortable. Solar powered and sets itself with the US atomic clock every night. Stopwatch, timer, alarms, etc. It is what I wear most days.

Just ordered a version of the top G Shock with a different color scheme. Haven’t worn a watch in 20+ years. Guess I’ll give it a shot.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Got it when I got my Wings in 1980. Been with me ever since. Every five years or so, I ship it to Rolex for a rehab.
How much do they charge for that service?

For you great unswashed about 1200 bucks. smile
That's a good chunk of the cost for a new Rolex.

You should price them lately? That is for a complete overhaul to include a new face, hands, crystal, etc. But yes it is expensive

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I rarely ever wear a watch…..just don’t take the “time” to put one on! But, when I do……it’s a $10 (10 year old) Casio! I probably should check to see if it’s still working! 😁 memtb

Last edited by memtb; 05/25/22.

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I quit wearing watches when I retired.....I always carry a pocket knife of some type. I alternate depending on what I'm doing.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Haven't had a watch in 14 years
benchmade mini griptillian

MOLON LABE
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by Valsdad
I'm not reading through this whole thread only to post that I believe that asking a man what kind of watch and pocket knife he wears/carries is very ......................

Impolite.

Is there no civility left in this world?

Says a guy posting in an Anal Bleaching thread...

HA!

Some topics are just so deserving of comment, no matter the degree of politeness, that I couldn't resist.

But, the topic of timepieces and pocket cutlery is many times a thinly disguised attempt by some to show superiority over their acquaintances. I cannot abide partaking in oneupmanship.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
A Timex Expedition or a Rolex Submariner I purchase in Singapore in 1969.
In my pocket (about the fourth or fifth replacement) of a small 3 blade US made Schrade.
Do not think I will need replacements for either until I no longer have use for them.

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
Albert Einstein

At Khe Sanh a sign read "For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected never knew".
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Although I don’t “carry” a knife my favorite knife is a Buck Model 110. I bought it for $6.00 back in 1970 while stationed at Fort Benning GA. It holds great sentimental value for me. While stationed at Fort Benning we found out we were going to become parents. That baby turns 51 in two weeks.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Seiko stainless railroad approved.
No knife, there's always one nearby in the jockey box or tool belt or workbench.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

159 members (35, 257 mag, 338Rules, 10Glocks, 300jimmy, 14 invisible), 1,327 guests, and 853 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,176
Posts18,465,466
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.