-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Happy for you, Roundoak. Nice that it not only worked out, but with family history and future family usage to boot.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

GB1

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I'm not sure how it works in your state, but in MS an easement can't be denied to a landowner needing access. I don't believe it even goes before a judge here, I believe a hearing before the board of supervisors is all it takes. Someone can't be kept from accessing their property. Most of them are settled as gentlemen's agreements, but a few have to go before the board who will record the easement.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Interesting.....I own 2 properties in northern Wisconsin.

1 property is a cabin onna lake, have egress/ ingress in the deed. Could be trouble with the other owners as they are heirs and can be a PIA. , without it.

The other property is Chippewa River Frontage . Put this road / trail in last summer.Have never had egress/ ingress and crossed the property of a lawyer / freind that we sold couple acres to years ago.

We had the lawyer write in egress/ ingress for the new road/ trail in the deed.

Attached Images
IMG_3694.jpg (30.61 KB, 215 downloads)
IMG_3696.jpg (48.28 KB, 216 downloads)
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Glad is was easy for you to deal with.

Have a buddy that surveys in MS.

Said dealing with colored folks can be interesting.

They’ll have a 10 acre estate with 10 heirs in 5 different states.

Always one in Detroit and Chitcargo.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I had a neighbor out jockeying around with his 5th wheel in my fresh, soft, planted pasture. I ran out and ask exactly what the hell he was doing and he told me he had an easement.

This was odd since I just had my survey and deed showed no such thing. Neighbor had access to his place from 2 roads, but preferred to use my property because he had landscaping he had placed in the LEGAL access route.

I let him back in, then as soon as he was on his property I dumped 10 yards of rock in front of the gate he'd built. He was FURIOUS.

He messed up by telling me how he had rights on my ground. Had he asked, I would have told him I didn't mind as long as he asked first and it wasn't soft.....but he didn't.

He threatened adverse possession and prescriptive easement....but he was all hat and no cattle.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good for you roundoak! And God bless your great-grandpappy!

I love a happy ending.

What you think about, you do ... what you do, you become.
In a nation where anything goes ... eventually, everything will. We're almost there.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
As others have mentioned here and I understand it could vary state to state but if a landowner has a piece that is landlocked and no road access to it he will get an easement one way or the other. It's just much easier to be able to pick your road and make a nice gentleman's agreement and roll on.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
We paid dear to get into an inside eighty years back.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well done, roundoak!
Gonna be more big deer posted in the deer hunting forum I see. laugh

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ldholton
As others have mentioned here and I understand it could vary state to state but if a landowner has a piece that is landlocked and no road access to it he will get an easement one way or the other. It's just much easier to be able to pick your road and make a nice gentleman's agreement and roll on.

That may be the case if the the parcel was land-locked. The original easement was a matter of convenience to allow the neighbor to access a ridgetop to develop ag land. The neighbor could walk or ride a horse to the ridgetop within his property. The new owner of the farm had an option to access the ridgetop via motor vehicles by spending the money to put in a road. It would have been thru some rough terrain, but it was feasible.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

IC B3

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Beware of cartway law. You may be covered or not.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
I'm not sure how it works in your state, but in MS an easement can't be denied to a landowner needing access. I don't believe it even goes before a judge here, I believe a hearing before the board of supervisors is all it takes. Someone can't be kept from accessing their property. Most of them are settled as gentlemen's agreements, but a few have to go before the board who will record the easement.

KY is similar. I had a landlocked landowner to the south of me that claimed he had a gentleman's agreement with the previous owner and wanted to make it permanent with me. When I deferred, he claimed a right to it. I investigated and found his forebears had been given an easement on another property and allowed it to lapse because it involved driving over a ford in the nearby creek. I told him to take it up with that landowner.

The way it was finally resolved was that I heard some adjoining property was going to auction on the nearby ridge and put a bug in his ear. He ended up buying 5 acres and now has permanent access.

Last edited by shaman; 05/26/22.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (204guy, 007FJ, 2500HD, 1minute, 10ring1, 1Longbow, 66 invisible), 3,180 guests, and 1,180 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,528
Posts18,452,881
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.