Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/17276753/1

Been reading the above thread with great interest. Especially the crap idiotic "chain store" employees that have NO idea what they are talking about when it comes to Form 4473.

Now....

How many of you have used a law enforcement friend or family member to run the S/N on a firearm or do a background check on someone you bought/sold a firearm to?

Do you realize that act is illegal and can cause your LEO friend their job/career?

I know guys that do it now, and I've told them the consequences, and they continue!

I won't rat on them or turn them in, but I'll damn sure let them know what they are doing is illegal and what I think of it!

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I've never bought nor sold a firearm privately.

Me

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Teal

Same here, and I never will..... whistle

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Me^^^^

FJB & FJT
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Raeford

Me^^^^
Rare for me, but I've done it a few times. Off the top of my head, I can remember eight times buying guns in private, face to face, sales. Four times with neighbors (maybe five).
twice with my brother. Twice with someone I met at the range.

Last edited by The_Real_Hawkeye; 05/25/22. Reason: I remembered some more purchases from neighbors
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Person to person transfer of long guns, ie rifles and shotguns (private sales) are legal in Pennsylvania. Handguns must be done through a dealership, which means the state has a back door registration in place.
I have no doubt that every dealer transaction involving the 4473 goes into a database. Probably since HW Bush was President. I also imagine that purchases of ammo and components through credit cards is tracked as well. I make it a habit to buy things like that with cash whenever possible.
Private sales is the “Gun Show Loophole” that the news and politicians are always yammering about. The truth is that banning private sales allows the government to run a backdoor registration of every single firearm. Who’s got what and how many. Something every good police state needs to have!
Most folks around this area are familiar with Lieghty’s Flea Market near Altoona. Up until last year there were always longguns and quite a bit of ammunition available there.
This year they banned private sales of guns and ammo. Judging from the last couple trips I made there, it’s now half of what it was before!
I haven’t studied the thread in question. Am I missing something?
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Raeford

Me^^^^
Rare for me, but I've done it a few times. Off the top of my head, I can remember eight times buying guns in private, face to face, sales. Four times with neighbors (maybe five).
twice with my brother. Twice with someone I met at the range.
[Linked Image from cdn.vox-cdn.com]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I look them up on arrests.org before I do any business. It's public info, and in no way illegal that I know of

Romans 5:1
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
[Linked Image from cdn.vox-cdn.com]
Oh, I was supposed to say I never did it?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I wasn't being coy or facetious in my initial reply.

Me

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
So you weren't doing another version of the tragic boating accident story? grin

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
So you weren't doing another version of the tragic boating accident story? grin

Nope. Just always thought that like a parachute - buying something used that explodes at 10's of thousands of PSI right next to my lips or in my hands - I want new predominantly and if I must go used - from someone (a store) who has heavy liability reasons to ensure things are pretty decent before selling them to the public.

Me

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Learned me something, didn’t know that. Thanks

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
I have no doubt that every dealer transaction involving the 4473 goes into a database.
7mm

I would be interested to hear more about how you think this is happening. If the 4473 is filled out hard copy, when doing the NICS check they ask if you are purchasing a handgun, long gun or both. The form is stored at the FFL premises. How is "Big Brother" getting make, model and serial number into the secret "Database"?

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I bought a machine gun loaded with tranquilizers...

A Snuzi.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I’ve been legally buying and selling firearms privately (and legally) for almost three decades. Just one of the perks of living in a relatively free state.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 160user
I have no doubt that every dealer transaction involving the 4473 goes into a database.
7mm

I would be interested to hear more about how you think this is happening. If the 4473 is filled out hard copy, when doing the NICS check they ask if you are purchasing a handgun, long gun or both. The form is stored at the FFL premises. How is "Big Brother" getting make, model and serial number into the secret "Database"?
I can’t prove one way or the other. However in TN the TBI or FBI performs the background checks (TICS) via online means and it’s not that far fetched the FBI or another federal agency could be mining the data any way they see fit. Looking for terrorists and such...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
I’ve been legally buying and selling firearms privately (and legally) for almost three decades. Just one of the perks of living in a relatively free state.

Yeah I have done just that my entire life.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

Then you've never sold a gun?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by 160user
7mm

I can’t prove one way or the other. However in TN the TBI or FBI performs the background checks (TICS) via online means and it’s not that far fetched the FBI or another federal agency could be mining the data any way they see fit. Looking for terrorists and such...

I guess I can understand your logic. That is not a requirement here and I was unaware that some states had their own system. Thanks.

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

70 members (ATC, 808outdoors, 10gaugemag, 444Matt, 11 invisible), 2,106 guests, and 732 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,670
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.