Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
GB1

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Well....
Im pretty well fuuuuucked if they link this in with SSN#...
Which it probably is into other data bases anyways without a doubt.

My 1st 3 are 001.....

Background checks for me here in TN come back fast as fugg.
Unusually fast is what I have been told many times over the years.

Past 2 yrs any private sales and buys I have made with Fellow TN residents.
Both show Tn DL and I explain how I need a receipt with your name and address and item serial #.
And you need mine in reciprocation.

All CYA because of Honk for Joey,s gun goons if they ever start actual stooopid schit...

Most times the other person involved see,s the sense in it nowadays or it dawns on them.
No one has yet to object to it once it sinks in.
CYA for both parties is what it is...

Honk for Joey.....

Last edited by renegade50; 05/26/22.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Now what?
They've already been sued over this at least once before.

Politics is War by Other Means
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
They DGAF.
They are empowered with Honk for Joey.
They will just under the table do the same schit and have back up methods in place to get around anything.
Doing it all with the silent nod of approval from the DOJ, Joey, and Judical system.
All in cahoots with the anti gun agenda they been doing since the 68 GCA.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The records thing does not surprise me at all.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shocked! Say it isn't so!

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Don’t surprise me at all. As I said in a previous post, I figure they’ve been doing this since GHW Bush if not before. Illegality means nothing to them.
Some of us are in denial about this, even right here on the ‘Fire.
But the fact of the matter is that the people running our government have been waging an undeclared war on The American People.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It doesn't surprise me at all. All it does is show that at one time you purchased that particular firearm. It doesn't even prove that that firearm ever made it to your house much less that you still have it.

Harry
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wonder if they did this by farming it out to a contractor?

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Several years ago we owned restaurants in Memphis, and the ATF ate with us all the time. We became good friends and one day I asked if it was true that the FBI was not allowed to keep records of gun transactions. They laughed and said that was true, but that they (the ATF) had ways around it and did it every day. They said it was no secret. It just surprises me it took this long for it to become more widely known.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This article sheds a somewhat different light on this issue than the video: https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/joe-bidens-big-mistake-building-gun-ownership-database-196261

In case you fellas didn't already know- videos are often made and posted on YouTube with the SOLE purpose of creating content. Content creation is a large part of Google's algorithm (Google owns YouTube) and more content means more traffic to your website. More traffic means more clicks, more ad revenue, and more money in the website owner's bank account. SO...there is an ulterior motive in fanning the flames and exaggerating the truth. Read the article, then watch the video again with the above paragraph in mind. Are the ATF copying 4473's? Sure they are. Do they have the capability (OCR or not) of scanning in billions of records and making them searchable? Probably not in your lifetime.

One of the biggest jokes of all time is the hysterical hand wringing put forth on The Truth About Guns (TTAG). The title in itself is a joke-nothing but rhetoric and scare tactics- why? To sell more "premium" subscriptions and ad space.

Doubt me? Do your own research!

And BTW...I am an ardent Biden/ Bolshevik/ Marxist HATER. My flag flies upside and has done so since Jan.7, 2020

"I didn't realize we had so many snipers in this country." by J23
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 3584ELK
Are the ATF copying 4473's? Sure they are. Do they have the capability (OCR or not) of scanning in billions of records and making them searchable? Probably not in your lifetime.
I worked for a credit card company and supported the processing of credit card applications. Creating a searchable database from scanned documents is easy with off-the-shelf software. A layman could probably do it.

The processing happens as fast as a high speed copier spits out copies. 500 sheets can be processed in about 3 minutes with one scanner. It's even faster if the documents are already scanned.

Last edited by Tyrone; 05/26/22.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

662 members (10gaugemag, 16penny, 160user, 117LBS, 10ring1, 12344mag, 69 invisible), 2,534 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,164
Posts18,465,252
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.