-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Here is a time-line of events surrounding the Robb School shooting, sorry if it doesn't align with the assumptions made here from casual observations of what's been posted.

The gray Ford pickup truck veered into a ditch with such force that people who live on the block assumed it was an accident and rushed over to help the driver.

Instead, according to witness and police accounts, Salvador Rolando Ramos emerged wearing tactical gear and carrying an AR-15-style rifle.
Bystanders scattered as Ramos hopped a fence, exchanged gunfire with a school police officer and entered through a side door to Robb Elementary.

Ramos had shared in private. time stamped social media messages early Tuesday. The first item was to kill his grandmother, who lives near the school. He shot her in the face, authorities said, then left her for dead as he drove off in her truck. “I shot my grandmother,” Ramos wrote in an update. The next threat, according to the messages, was to “shoot an elementary school.” Within minutes of pressing send, shortly after 11:30 a.m., Ramos was barricaded inside a classroom with the 19 students and two teachers he would kill.

One lingering question is when exactly the shooting began. Authorities agree that the gunman was dead by 1 p.m. but have offered conflicting accounts as to whether the attack began around 11:30 a.m. or closer to noon. By 11:43 a.m., the school announced on Facebook that it was under lockdown, citing gunshots in the area.

These are the central elements of the timeline, pieced together from law enforcement statements, witness accounts and social media posts by families of victims. 

When the parents heard the news, Cerrillo said, his wife got to the school first to check on their two daughters. He said his wife watched parents trying to break windows to help students escape.

Javier Cazares was on an errand a half-mile away from his 9-year-old daughter’s school when he heard about a commotion near Robb.

Within minutes, Cazares said, he and at least four other men who had children in the school were huddled near the building’s front door. Then the fathers started hearing gunfire coming from the building.

“There were five or six of [us] fathers, hearing the gunshots, and [police officers] were telling us to move back,” Cazares said. “We didn’t care about us. We wanted to storm the building. We were saying, ‘Let’s go’ because that is how worried we were, and we wanted to get our babies out.”

In public transmissions on a radio channel used by local EMS workers, someone said at 11:53 a.m. that a lieutenant had requested a response to the area of the school. As the response was discussed, one official was heard telling first responders: “Please, just stay back.”

When he arrived just after noon, Cerrillo said, he joined a crowd of law enforcement officers, journalists and a growing group of terrified parents. 

By 12:10 p.m., a Facebook live stream recorded out the front of the school showed that police cars had established a perimeter,
helicopters were flying overhead and onlookers had gathered. Seven minutes later, school authorities announced on social media there was “an active shooter at Robb Elementary.”

Shots were still being heard at 12:52 p.m., according to radio recordings. “Do not attempt to get closer,” a voice warned on the EMS channel.

After hearing gunfire, authorities said, a tactical team formed a “stack” formation and eventually breached the classroom door and killed Ramos in a shootout. Ramos was in the room for some time before police officers entered.

At 1:06 p.m., Uvalde Police announced on social media that the attack was over

So it appears about a hour and a half (+/-)went from beginning to end.
Plenty of time for the accumulation of parents show in the related videos.

1st shots would have been close to 11:30 when he encountered the school cop on the way in the door. Last shots would have been as stated, 12:52 which triggered the police to make their move and breach the locked door and shoot Ramos.

GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by akasparky
Police Waited Outside Despite Pleas For Action

Police who responded to the Texas school massacre have been accused of being “unprepared” and failing to respond quickly enough after the shooter opened fire.

Onlookers said they had to urge officers to move into the Uvalde primary school as the AR-15-wielding assailant gunned down two teachers and 19 pupils.

The father of 10-year-old victim Jacklyn Cazares said he even suggested he could go in himself with other bystanders as he was frustrated police were not doing it themselves.

Details are starting to emerge of the attack and the 18-year-old shooter behind it, who has been named as Salvador Ramos.

Ramos barricaded himself inside a classroom before killing the fourth-grade students at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde on Tuesday.

The suspect, with no known criminal history or history of mental illness, was shot dead by an officer on the scene after about 60 minutes

LINK

You use that link? A far lefty link for sure. WTF?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Shortly after the Columbine shooting, a rumor was spreading that a similar attack was going to happen at the high school where I was teaching, on a specific day. (Hitler's birthday, I believe) In deliberate violation of school board policy, I was armed on that day. Fortunately, that was only a rumor that failed to happen. In case of an attack, I was willing to go down fighting to protect the students in my classroom. Until every teacher in America is willing to do likewise, these horrific situations are going to continue.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Shortly after the Columbine shooting, a rumor was spreading that a similar attack was going to happen at the high school where I was teaching, on a specific day. (Hitler's birthday, I believe) In deliberate violation of school board policy, I was armed on that day. Fortunately, that was only a rumor that failed to happen. In case of an attack, I was willing to go down fighting to protect the students in my classroom. Until every teacher in America is willing to do likewise, these horrific situations are going to continue.

What's the powerful Teachers union's stance on firearms?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

I’m with you. Policies that create dangerous conditions are policies that need to be ignored. Ignorant “laws” created by emotional liberals that foster dangerous environments are also ignored.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

W
WAM Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
I’ll wait for the final report to pass judgement on the participants. Seems like it might have taken a while for a BP swat team to get on scene. God bless the swat guy who went in and whacked the perp. Prayers for all the innocent victims. Where did the perp get a couple grand $ to buy the, AR and ammo?

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by ribka

Real teachers didn't GAF what a union thought. We were there to educate the kids, not toe the line for some political agenda. The worst name somebody could call me was "educator"- - - - -an educator is a failed teacher who can't make the cut in the classroom, gets an advanced degree in something like "Outdoor Masturbation" and butt-kisses his/her way up the chain of command into an Assistant Principal or counselor's position, then rides the gravy train to retirement for the next 20 years or so. I spent every day of my teaching career in the classroom, and many of my students from 20+ years ago still keep in touch with me. They're making a good living doing what I taught them to do in the automotive industry and some are running their own shops.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R

Real teachers didn't GAF what a union thought. We were there to educate the kids, not toe the line for some political agenda. The worst name somebody could call me was "educator"- - - - -an educator is a failed teacher who can't make the cut in the classroom, gets an advanced degree in something like "Outdoor Masturbation" and butt-kisses his/her way up the chain of command into an Assistant Principal or counselor's position, then rides the gravy train to retirement for the next 20 years or so. I spent every day of my teaching career in the classroom, and many of my students from 20+ years ago still keep in touch with me. They're making a good living doing what I taught them to do in the automotive industry and some are running their own shops.

Good on you. Both my parents taught over 35 years. My point is that The NEA and the AFT are very powerful radical left wing anti gun organizations and would never allow teachers to carry. And you've noticed they type of people going into teaching now and how many teachers now openly brag about sexualizing children with zero repercussions and full support of the NEA and AFT??

The teachers unions love these school shootings to push their politics and to energize their base

Last edited by ribka; 05/26/22.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The press conference just given said the shooter climbed the school fence and entered the classroom unobstructed. No cop was on campus.

He went through an unlocked door and entered the classroom. At that point many, many shots were heard. (He was killing everyone in the classroom)

Two cops showed up and entered the school. They engaged the shooter, and were met with heavy fire, and called for backup, and started evacuating other classrooms, students and teachers. The only shots fired between then, until they killed the shooter were the shooter keeping the cops pinned down with gunfire, and the cops shooting back.

Based on the last intel released, it sounds like within a minute or two after entry into the school, he'd shot or killed everyone in the classroom. First cops were met with gunfire and probably wounded, and tried to get everyone else to safety while keeping the shooter pinned down in that one classroom.

Cops with tactical experience arrived at the scene and engaged shooter under heavy fire and killed him.

^^^^ That^^^^ seems to be what they are saying they know as of now.

So probably before the first cops even got there, the shooter had already killed all those kids.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by WAM
I’ll wait for the final report to pass judgement on the participants. Seems like it might have taken a while for a BP swat team to get on scene. God bless the swat guy who went in and whacked the perp. Prayers for all the innocent victims. Where did the perp get a couple grand $ to buy the, AR and ammo?

Latest press conference DPS spokesman said it was the border patrol guy, a Zavala County deputy sheriff, and Uvalde PD who entered and killed the guy. The BP guy probably fired the shot that killed him.

He was a member of a tactical BP SWAT team, but was off duty and responded anyway. Not the whole team. The team that entered were put together on the scene from those cops who had tactical experience.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Two against one initially and they called for backup and disengaged? Dayum

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Two against one initially and they called for backup and disengaged? Dayum

I don't think they disengaged. The spokesman said they were still engaging the shooter and were evacuating other classrooms.

Seems they kept him pinned in the one classroom he first entered.

Still early in the investigation. I'm thinking both those cops were also wounded in some way.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
I was an EMT for 15 years. One of the unwritten rules around the squad quarters was that “If you weren’t there, you didn’t criticize…”

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Orion2000
I was an EMT for 15 years. One of the unwritten rules around the squad quarters was that “If you weren’t there, you didn’t criticize…”

A lot of warriors on here. lol

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
So I guess phugg the men that did go in there and handle business? Because they are LE too....

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Orion2000

A lot of warriors on here. lol

Always. First to biatch last to actually do anything.....

Yes some cops are cowards, just like you akasparky. Some are the exact opposite of you.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
To early to tell what and when things happened. I will wait and then evaluate. To many unknowns, other then the body count which is terrible. I do know that in those instances if they have had active shooter training and employ those tactics we are always behind the curve. That has to be the worst event to have work through. I feel for those people involved, parents, police, teachers and staff. Terrible.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by cs2blue
To early to tell what and when things happened. I will wait and then evaluate. To many unknowns, other then the body count which is terrible. I do know that in those instances if they have had active shooter training and employ those tactics we are always behind the curve. That has to be the worst event to have work through. I feel for those people involved, parents, police, teachers and staff. Terrible.

It sounds like schools need to be hardened.

One entrance/exit where on duty cop monitors anyone.

Another entry/exit? Another armed cop.

Armed teachers and qualified volunteers like retire pole and military would help.

Standardization of these practices with every school. Don't "Leave it up to the school district"...

If they can spend tens of millions of dollars on new school buildings, stadiums, etc, they can afford to protect the kids who go there. mad

Last edited by rockinbbar; 05/26/22.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Check out the school security in Isreal. Their schools were attcked years ago and they got real serious about. Parents would want that level of security then, turn around and complain about it.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Does anybody really think that today's bunch of q u e e r teachers and Caspar Milquetoast school administrators will ever step up and do what's necessary to protect the kids they supposedly love so much? Anybody in the public school system with any balls was purged decades ago by the communists who are in control of what has been passing for "education" for at least the past 20 years.

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

615 members (06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 65 invisible), 2,887 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,487
Posts18,452,047
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.