Campfire Greenhorn
V
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by Judman
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Got a few
CZ, tri star mostly. For the money you can't beat either

Which cz’s ya got gitem?
I have a Canvasback. A Bobwhit G2 and an All American Trap Single...

For the money the Trap gun is a ton of gun
Out the door was about 1250. But if you put a Browning name on it it would be 4k. Fully adjustable comb and butt stock. Lengthened forcing cones. High rib. Adjustable trigger. And a set of 5 Briley tubes

The All American Trap that you are so proud of is made by Akkar for CZ. They are the same Turkish company that produces Churchill shotguns and are a couple steps ahead of Tristrar for sure and if you compare the All American to the Churchill Trap model you will see that the Churchill has even more features than the CZ and personally would choose the Churchill over the CZ.

Last edited by vmax204; 05/26/22.

I thought growing old would take longer.
BP-B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I've got CZ Woodcock g2 , TriStar TT -15 Double trap , Yildiz sporting HPS ..
Depends on just game I'm doing which one I like best . The TriStar and Yildiz would battle for 1st. CZ last . Hunting CZ first ..

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I have a .20ga Yildiz that has been a solid little gun in the dove field and teal hunts.

" It ain't dead.As long as there's one cowboy taking care of one cow,it ain't dead ! "
Monte Walsh
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
This is a link to a previous discussion on one of the exact guns of which you are inquiring, the ATI Calvary Sport 20 ga which is imported and marketed by ATI in Summerville, SC. I happen to have an almost exact copy which is fully manufactured in Turkey for Savage as the Stevens 555 series. I did a review of the Stevens 555 20ga - which I happen to have - which I wrote to answer some similar questions raised about the ATI model, which you can read in the discussion in the link.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...633/re-ati-cavalry-20ga-o-u#Post11904633

I still have my 555 for which I remain well pleased and completely satisfied; the only thing I would change about it - which has nothing to do with the quality or shooting characteristics of the shotgun - is that I would prefer to have an automatic safety instead of the manual one. As to comments from others, the only thing I would like to ask is where I can find the empirical or historical anecdotal data supporting one poster's statement that in general all firearms made in Turkey are of poor quality and durability.

Last edited by Offshoreman; 05/26/22.

AKA The P-Man smile

If you cherish your memories with kids, be a good role model . . . . so the RIGHT memories of you mean something to them.
L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I have a Yildiz as several others have mentioned. Mine is the SPZ-ME, it’s a very nice o/u for the money with lots of good reviews.

Yildiz

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by sidepass
Originally Posted by battue
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
When it comes to over/unders, it is awfully hard to justify not simply getting a used Beretta.

When it comes to shotguns-O/U's, semi-auto-I've seen most of the off brand copies eventually fold and go away, with the owner left with something no one wants or can't get repaired when something breaks. Even the best will break with hard use. Renato Gamba is a fine Italian shotgun that tried to gain a place in the American market. They were a good as anything coming out of Italy, but couldn't complete with the established names. Another example would be the Spanish Keman. You practically have to give a Renato Gamba away today in America and the Keman is no longer made. AyA is now no longer making shotguns. However for a SxS, a lower grade Aya Matador would be a much wiser buy than anything coming out of Turkey today.

When it comes to O/U''s, the best move is to save your dollars until you can buy something established. There are more than a few used and reasonably priced Beretta and Browning shotguns out there that would be a smarter purchase than anything coming out of Turkey. Combine it with the fact the Turkish economy is in the trash and the political climate such the stability of any Turkish company is something to consider. Three of the countries that border Turkey are Iran, Iraq and Syria.

Sir, as far as I can tell AyA is still in the business of making firearms. The Spanish shotgun company Ugartechea has closed up shop. I too would take an Old Matador over most of Turkeys offerings at this time.

Geopolitics and shotguns. I knew getting a Dickinson Plantation might turn out to be like kissing my sister, but the thing about Turkish shotguns is they can make everything (or can) from a Walmart Special to a very, very fine gun. And in the same locale. My Plantation checked every box for me other than weight and the un-notched chokes. Wood is very good. Shoots very well. And I think I got a PR’s good deal. I’ll just try not to break anything on it.

With a Browning Citori Feather Superlight 16 O/U and an older Sig Rizzini 20 O/U, I’ll spread out the work. Speaking of the Rizzini’s (Italy), there are three different brothers turning them out from three different shops now. Must have been an uncomfortable holiday family get-together in the past that didn’t go well. The kicker is they’ve something like 4 different choke types spread throughout their models now. Mine has an older flush fit type that Briley will make some for.

At to the Turkeys, you pays your money, you takes your chances I guess. I still think there are good values. Separate the fence posts from the finer. better built ones.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If we don’t change a lot of things in November, and in 2024, the least of our worries will be where our shotguns were made.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
92 members (257robertsimp, 99Ozarks, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 16 invisible), 1,681 guests, and 649 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,727
Posts18,400,741
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.