Campfire Outfitter
P
Thanks for the updates, Barry.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Does anybody really think that today's bunch of q u e e r teachers and Caspar Milquetoast school administrators will ever step up and do what's necessary to protect the kids they supposedly love so much? Anybody in the public school system with any balls was purged decades ago by the communists who are in control of what has been passing for "education" for at least the past 20 years.

Nope.

Pretty much all schools are liberal indoctrination institutions.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Now they are saying that there was no SRO there and there wasn't any shots exchanged before the shooter entered the school, even though Gov Abbott said there was. And, the press conference that just concluded said that there were Federal Marshals there that detained and handcuffed parents. Very odd to me that Federal Marshals were on scene before they even got the guy stopped.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Unfortunately they were probably doing exactly what they were trained to. Most police are not trained to assault a position. Also sorry to say there is so much scrutiny over what they do that they hesitate and over think the situation.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mirage243
Now they are saying that there was no SRO there and there wasn't any shots exchanged before the shooter entered the school, even though Gov Abbott said there was. And, the press conference that just concluded said that there were Federal Marshals there that detained and handcuffed parents. Very odd to me that Federal Marshals were on scene before they even got the guy stopped.

The Uvalde School District has a staff of 5 SRO's. One was NOT at the school in question. It appears he walked in through unlocked doors.

It's almost certain he killed all the kids and teachers before the cops showed up. They kept him pinned and holed up in that one classroom while evacuating other classrooms.

You got me with the US Marshals. First I've heard of it. But rest assured any video you saw of them not letting parents in, was after the shooting was over. At least the video I saw was. Looked like police, sheriff dept, and DPS to me. Didn't see US Marshals in it.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Don't understand the info that he entered into an unlocked side door. All the doors at our schools are locked. Even to get into the principal's office from the foyer is locked.

Been that way for years and I thought it had become sop for all schools.

Montana MOFO
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
I taught at a high school with 10 acres under the roof on 3 floors, and over 100 exit doors that the students used during fire drills, etc. A simple pebble wedged into a self-locking door jamb disabled the one way panic bar system that was supposed to prevent entry from the outside, and the city fire marshall would arrest anyone who intentionally locked a fire exit during school hours. The pebble in the door trick allowed drug dealers to roam the halls at will, posing as students. People who haven't worked in a big school with thousands of students shouldn't pontificate about "what needs to be done"!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
For all of the “Tennessee Sucks” campfire comments over the years from Idaho Joe and Montana Brown, etc, Texas Pete, Liberty Hill, etc etc

In our county, every school has 1-2 SRO

All of our building have double doors with buzz-in locks and cameras. Have to show ID to the camera to get buzzed in.
Double doors with holding tank vestibule.

for what it’s worth

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
My daughter is a teacher in one of the poorest counties in the US. And you have to pass through a metal detector to go to a highschool football game.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by slumlord
For all of the “Tennessee Sucks” campfire comments over the years from Idaho Joe and Montana Brown, etc, Texas Pete, Liberty Hill, etc etc

In our county, every school has 1-2 SRO

All of our building have double doors with buzz-in locks and cameras. Have to show ID to the camera to get buzzed in.
Double doors with holding tank vestibule.

for what it’s worth

Needs to every school in the US.

Before the next school year...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JakeDog
Was he shooting one every 2 minutes, or did he shoot them all in the first minute or two?

What difference would that make?

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
I assume he means, did they stand there listening or was it all over fast

Last edited by mjbgalt; 05/26/22.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Was he shooting one every 2 minutes, or did he shoot them all in the first minute or two?

It means that the shooter entered the classroom and killed everyone within the first few minutes of entering the school, before any cop ever showed up.

At that point the scenario changed from a school massacre to a shootout with police.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by slumlord
Happy PantsShîtter

LOL

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

It means that the shooter entered the classroom and killed everyone within the first few minutes of entering the school, before any cop ever showed up.

At that point the scenario changed from a school massacre to a shootout with police.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Who pronounced all those kids dead while the shooter was still alive and shooting at the police?

You realize there are wounded still fighting for their lives in the hospital?

How many bled out waiting for BorTac to show up?

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
I just hope all can agree this was horrific! And our prayers help console the parents and families! No comment on the subjective bs being spawned!

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by Heym06
I just hope all can agree this was horrific! And our prayers help console the parents and families! No comment on the subjective bs being spawned!
Agreed...

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Indeed, I'll also Pray.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Mirage, it looks like I'll be owing you an apology, but I' will wait until more info comes out. At least we know the initial report of the "Resource Officer" engaging was false. J

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Mirage, it looks like I'll be owing you an apology, but I' will wait until more info comes out. At least we know the initial report of the "Resource Officer" engaging was false. J

As of the press conference yesterday, they said he got into the school and started shooting without being engaged.

The SRO and a Uvalde policeman engaged him after he started shooting. In fact, they got there after the shooting of kids and teachers... Around 4 minutes after he gained entry through an unlocked door.

FWIW, one of the school resource officers had a wife killed. She was one of the teachers. A deputy sheriff lost a daughter in the classroom.

Just small town cops....

It appears that whether it's small town, or big city, once the shooter gets inside the school, nothing much can be done to prevent them from killing.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
650 members (257_X_50, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 257Bob, 12344mag, 1234, 73 invisible), 2,964 guests, and 1,393 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,668
Posts18,399,405
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.