Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
That slow, deliberate manner of speaking and the accent tells me she's translating from thinking in another language- - - - -possibly French? The points she's making are valid, however. Add a little bipolar or neurotic problem to the narcissism, and you've got a real freak show to deal with! A couple of my former relationships and at least one current one fit that pattern.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
GB1

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
My father in law is a classic narcissist. It’s really twisted.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by PWN
100% accurate regarding my ex. She was always the prettiest girl in the room. However, the drinking, smoking and weird sleep habits took a toll on her in her late 40s and she just could not cope. Breast implants, nails, hair, veneers, eye lashes, lip plump, eyelid surgery, botox, spray tan, laser hair removal, liposuction, tummy tuck during our marriage and she still wasn't happy. $100K in body work and she still wanted more. She was miserable and made everyone around her miserable. After years of increasing drinking, mean and hateful behavior and extreme pettiness and vindictiveness, 3 years ago I had reached a breaking point and decided life alone in my late 50s was better than however many years lay ahead with her. Best decision I ever made. Now she can't pay her taxes, but managed to find the money for a $10,000.00 facial surgery to tighten up her face and neck. It took me year post-divorce to figure out the problem wasn't me and that no matter what she would never be happy because the clock does not run backwards. She is still pretty, but one of the most childish and hate filled people I know.
I know someone like that

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
My ex mother in law became unbearable as she got older. My ex and daughters had nothing to do with her.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Aging doesn't tend to improve disposition, to say the least.

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
My Ex-Mother-in-law... great ... now worm food.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Nestucca
Originally Posted by PWN
100% accurate regarding my ex. She was always the prettiest girl in the room. However, the drinking, smoking and weird sleep habits took a toll on her in her late 40s and she just could not cope. Breast implants, nails, hair, veneers, eye lashes, lip plump, eyelid surgery, botox, spray tan, laser hair removal, liposuction, tummy tuck during our marriage and she still wasn't happy. $100K in body work and she still wanted more. She was miserable and made everyone around her miserable. After years of increasing drinking, mean and hateful behavior and extreme pettiness and vindictiveness, 3 years ago I had reached a breaking point and decided life alone in my late 50s was better than however many years lay ahead with her. Best decision I ever made. Now she can't pay her taxes, but managed to find the money for a $10,000.00 facial surgery to tighten up her face and neck. It took me year post-divorce to figure out the problem wasn't me and that no matter what she would never be happy because the clock does not run backwards. She is still pretty, but one of the most childish and hate filled people I know.
I know someone like that

They are naturals in always shifting the blame on problems to others. They are the poor innocent, well meaning, put upon, mistreated victims.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Tag

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
That slow, deliberate manner of speaking and the accent tells me she's translating from thinking in another language- - - - -possibly French?

Korean. Or possibly Chinese or some other Asian nationality.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’m doing some consulting for an older woman who used to be exceedingly attractive. She doesn’t fit the category of (mean) narcissist presented here, but you can tell men just used to fall all over themselves to get things done for her. That has stopped, and she can’t quite figure out why she’s not getting the “pretty girl discount” anymore. Haven’t had the heart to tell her yet she’s got to earn it now, rather than just bat her baby blues.

The world’s reaction, men and women both, to pretty women does make them believe life is easy. For a while. Some grow very bitter when the special treatment ends.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Just where in the hell were you guys when I needed this information 46 yrs ago during the hiring interview?

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
My ex wife was a classic narcissist,divorcing her was the best thing i ever did.
But the temper tantrum she pulled and the crazy nonsense she pulled,especially with the kids,lasted for years.
Fast foward 5 years and i marry again to a wonderfull woman i had dated years before.My new wife explains to me that her step mom is " difficult " at times.That was putting it mildly,i recognized her as a full blow psycho narcissist
right off the bat.I already knew how to shut her nonsense down,HARD.
She hated me with a passion because i wouldn t put up with her nonsense.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Just where in the hell were you guys when I needed this information 46 yrs ago during the hiring interview?
Young and dumb too. laugh

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I ran into that bat [bleep] crazy yesterday. Picked a lady up who I've known forever, we had the whole memorial weekend planned out. Got back to my place, after lunch she wanted to watch TV. Told her I didn't watch TV hardy and didn't have DishTV but do have amazon prime, Hulu, netflex etc. So she decided she wanted to do her laundry, took her to the laundry room. She asked for downey fabric softener, said I didn't have any but we could go to the store. Her reply to me was, "Why don't you just take me home."

So I loaded up her stuff after 30 minutes of being at my place and drove her the 150 miles (one way at today's fuel prices) back to her house. Unloaded everything she had packed and I was off into the sunset.

She is the worst of all, older female narcissist with a touch of bi polar and Downey fabric softener was the trigger.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by superlight17b
My ex wife was a classic narcissist,divorcing her was the best thing i ever did.
But the temper tantrum she pulled and the crazy nonsense she pulled,especially with the kids,lasted for years.
Fast foward 5 years and i marry again to a wonderfull woman i had dated years before.My new wife explains to me that her step mom is " difficult " at times.That was putting it mildly,i recognized her as a full blow psycho narcissist right off the bat.

""""""""I already knew how to shut her nonsense down,HARD."""""""

She hated me with a passion because i wouldn t put up with her nonsense.

That's exactly the way to treat them, don't ever let a narcissist get their foot in the door.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by LNF150
I ran into that bat [bleep] crazy yesterday. Picked a lady up who I've known forever, we had the whole memorial weekend planned out. Got back to my place, after lunch she wanted to watch TV. Told her I didn't watch TV hardy and didn't have DishTV but do have amazon prime, Hulu, netflex etc. So she decided she wanted to do her laundry, took her to the laundry room. She asked for downey fabric softener, said I didn't have any but we could go to the store. Her reply to me was, "Why don't you just take me home."

So I loaded up her stuff after 30 minutes of being at my place and drove her the 150 miles (one way at today's fuel prices) back to her house. Unloaded everything she had packed and I was off into the sunset.

She is the worst of all, older female narcissist with a touch of bi polar and Downey fabric softener was the trigger.

grin WOW

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
My wife`s grandmother was one.She ruled the roost.Had three daughters that she would not let marry or leave the house.They all kissed her ass and waited on her like she was a queen..She also had 4 sons who were at her beck and call,including my FIL.There was one who told her to fugg off and another daughter who got married,but was a clone of the old bitch.
My wife thought that was how husbands were supposed to act.She laid down the law before we got married,except I did not go along with it.I told her before we married,I hunt,fish and do chit with my friends and nothing will change that.She was in shock but accepted it.Every once in a while she will get a bug up her ass and test me.I tell her any time she wants to hit the road,don`t let the door hit you on the ass. She pouts for a day and then is nice again.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Originally Posted by ribka
They're fun to date for a few months. Then kick them to the curb

That's how long 90% of the relationships I've been in lasted. A few months and they've had enough of NOT being in control. and I've had enough of them trying to control me.

Lol. I was in Playa Del Carmen, MX at a really nice resort with a unit right on the beach several years ago with one of these controller gf's. She said something really schitty at the dinner table one night. I slowly put my knife and fork down on the plate and said "What did you say?". She stomped off and went back to the suite. When I got up in the morning she had packed her schit and said "Maybe I should just go home". I didn't say a word. Lol. Haven't seen her since except one time walking across the parking lot at my local Publix. She lives over in east Ft Lauderdale. smile

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

639 members (06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1936M71, 67 invisible), 3,256 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,590
Posts18,454,293
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.