Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
79S Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Can’t find the post from yesterday must be 10 pages back now. Anyhow went and saw it today with the wife and daughter. Movie is a must watch, I'm sure for the legit Naval aviators out there they could pick it apart. But after watching this movie, who in the hell wouldn't want to be a Naval aviator! So, load the family up in the station wagon and take them to see this movie. No Transgender chit in it, no gay homo stuff in it. Just a good ol fashion movie with lots of flying in the F18. Not going to lie makes you feel pretty damn good about being an American. This movie was made when trump was still president.

Last edited by 79S; 05/28/22.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
GB1

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Going tomorrow afternoon.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Can't wait to see it.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Nah.

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Nah.

Party pooper.

😆😆😆😆

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Nah.

Party pooper.

😆😆😆😆

I am sitting on top of a manure pile right now...watching the boys throw mud at each other.

I just tested a new .45 Colt load on a downer ewe.....and can watch the Memorial Day jetliners fly over for 400 miles.

What would I need to go to town for?

Haha!

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I just took the whole family to it. We all really enjoyed it. I thought it was well done. It didn't try to push some huge ridiculous woke idea on you. Although it did make sure there was a female, some blacks, and a Hispanic top gun and I'm ok with that. All kids should get to dream about flying a fighter. They will probably be in trouble for leaving out the gay and tyranny movement but everything doesn't always have to be about them. All I can say about that is gutsy move maverick.

All the PC BSing aside it was a well done entertaining movie my whole family enjoyed. It was pretty tastefully done for hollyweird too. My 6 year old really loved the show and I loved that I was able to enjoy it with him without worrying about exposing him to a bunch of garbage. There was just a few swear words but not over the top. Go see it on the big screen. It even made Tom seem like a likable human being.

Bb

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Get to the important stuff...

How did Jennifer Connelly look?

79S Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Nah.

Take a shower, change your underwear and load the kids up in the 'burb and take them to see this movie! You owe it to them!

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by 79S
Nah.

Take a shower, change your underwear and load the kids up in the 'burb and take them to see this movie! You owe it to them!

We don't have any nice clothes!

Would the kids like it? Any sex or cussin?

I am MAGA.
IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
I just took the whole family to it. We all really enjoyed it. I thought it was well done. It didn't try to push some huge ridiculous woke idea on you. Although it did make sure there was a female, some blacks, and a Hispanic top gun and I'm ok with that. All kids should get to dream about flying a fighter. They will probably be in trouble for leaving out the gay and tyranny movement but everything doesn't always have to be about them. All I can say about that is gutsy move maverick.

All the PC BSing aside it was a well done entertaining movie my whole family enjoyed. It was pretty tastefully done for hollyweird too. My 6 year old really loved the show and I loved that I was able to enjoy it with him without worrying about exposing him to a bunch of garbage. There was just a few swear words but not over the top. Go see it on the big screen. It even made Tom seem like a likable human being.

Bb
Jeeze....okay for family?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The wife and I had date night and went and saw it. First movie in probably 3 years. Wasn’t too bad. Nice to see people having a nice night out without GD masks. Almost felt like back to normal .

A bowhunter at heart but a gun guy at soul. I'll take craftsmanship, wood and blue steel over plastic and composite any day.
79S Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S
Nah.

We don't have any nice clothes!

Would the kids like it? Any sex or cussin?

No believe it or not no sex scenes and no real cussing I remember. just damn good entertaining movie! Like I said what kid wouldn't want to be a naval aviator after watching this movie.

Last edited by 79S; 05/28/22.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
79S I agree with you it was very well put together and is heads above the first one with way more flying. To you men that really flew them you have my admiration and thanks for your service.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
I thought it was a good movie. The storyline was pretty good, but technical military stuff and protocol were a bit off. The "mission" was hokey, but all-in-all, it was entertaining.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Must be based on the “old navy”.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Burleyboy

Bb
Jeeze....okay for family?

Yes, I thought it was OK for family. My wife is usually really uptight about what the kids see. I've seen her walk out of kids shows. She stayed clear through this one. I thought it gave the kids a positive view of our people in uniform. It will be good for them to remember what it used to be like after the left destroys our military and turns it against us.

There was nothing too raunchy, but there was 1 F word in the heat of battle and a few S words during intense moments.

Bb

Last edited by Burleyboy; 05/27/22.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's way too easy to pick apart the reality disconnects in a movie, but despite the fact that this show has disconnects on multiple levels it's a pretty entertaining couple of hours. The technical and military stuff in this one takes a distant back seat to the personal relationships of the original top gun cast fast-forwarded 30 or so years.

There's enough of fast planes, motorcycles, and blowing stuff up or shooting down the enemy to help the plot along. I spent $12 to watch it, and I'll likely own it when it becomes available for streaming. High time I bought the original, too.

Val Kilmer, playing the part of Pacific Fleet Commander, died of throat cancer in the movie. Wife told me afterwards that he has, or had throat cancer for real.

For perspective, when the original Top Gun movie was released, The Soviet Union was still our most likely and worthiest enemy. Lotta water under that bridge and this show plays on that concept well.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
My wife and I are really looking forward to seeing it. I might try to steal her away for an impromptu date night at Ipix next week. The first one came out when I was in high school and I watched it a million times. This sounds like one of the few sequels that are better than the original.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Good movie. The previews before the thing started were a great reminder of why I find myself needing to go to a theater only once every three years or so. As others have pointed out, it was nice that this movie was supposed to come out in 2020, so likely filmed in 2019, before all the America haters really found their stride.

Oh, and be advised, they save the best plane until the end.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

245 members (160user, 338rcm, 12344mag, 1OntarioJim, 300jimmy, 2UP, 25 invisible), 1,735 guests, and 898 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,600
Posts18,454,610
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.