Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I am not military or law enforcement, but it seems pretty simple. If someone shoots at kids, you kill them. As fast, efficient, and cold as possible. Until the kids are safe, the offender needs to die, the innocents are to be defended. If you are a man, you may even lay down your life for someone else’s kids by doing that. But there is no question, you kill them as fast and unmerciful as you can.

BP-B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by steve4102
If policy was for that door to be closed and can only be opened from inside, that Teacher should be charged.
What is that teacher's name? Why was she outside to begin with?

Apparently it was a guy, mostly likely that door was the shortest distance to the parking lot. He could have been going out to his vehicle for any number of reasons. Could have been his lunch time.

Apparently he did not have a key or an ID that could be swiped to open the door. Most damning would be if he forgot his ID or school keys on his desk and thought “fuggit” and just propped the door open for a bit.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by Hastings
If policy was for that door to be closed and can only be opened from inside, that Teacher should be charged.
What is that teacher's name? Why was she outside to begin with?
Apparently it was a guy, mostly likely that door was the shortest distance to the parking lot. He could have been going out to his vehicle for any number of reasons. Could have been his lunch time.
Apparently he did not have a key or an ID that could be swiped to open the door. Most damning would be if he forgot his ID or school keys on his desk and thought “fuggit” and just propped the door open for a bit.
I bet he is in a world of sheit. Awfully unlucky day to leave the door ajar.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Someone already said it. The whole crew needs to go. School board, teacher leaving the door open, LEO, everybody. That community will otherwise never heal and will carry that hate for those entities forward for decades.

Firing ain't enough for some of them.

Besides the public humiliation, those who contributed to the death count by either negligence or cowardice need to be held accountable.

Other people in the same positions in other towns and places need to pay attention. Everyone needs to learn not only what to do in this instance, but what not to do.

Nothing will bring those kids back. But maybe others can be saved.

Just one simple thing can change the outcome. Imagine if the nutjob could not have gained access. Or if the first cops there had gone in with the first 6-7 cops?

Good point, Barry.

PS- Who "misled" Governor Abbott?: those people need to be held accountable.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Unbelievable. The azz clown that kept the officers from taking down the shooter for so long is now under police protection. This is just rich.

https://nypost.com/2022/05/28/uvalde-school-police-chief-pete-arredondo-is-a-coward-neighbor/

The Texas cop under scrutiny for how he handled the response to the Uvalde school massacre stayed out of site under police protection Saturday — while an angry neighbor slammed him as a “coward.”

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Active shooter protocol since Columbine has been first on, first in, search and destroy. There is no other acceptable response.

The cops not acting should be fired, decertified and thrown to the wolves for any applicable criminal and civil proceedings.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
At least all of the cops made it home safe.

...so they can pay their union dues...

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by luv2safari
At least all of the cops made it home safe.

...so they can pay their union dues...

The real scabs.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
"Another sad little secret....most SRO's are worthless old phuggs that are their to ride out their last couple of years. They usually pawn off actual police work to actual cops.

Just think of the old boomer at your job that won't retire.....that's your avg. SRO."

Jackson Handy you are correct. Young badass cops want to be on the SWAT team, they want action. Imagine how boring it would be as a school resource officer.

Another boomer hating dumbass. The SRO at the school 300 ft from my house is about 40-42. The alternate is roughly the same age. I know them both. Heard they are no longer directly attached to po-po dept. Completely separate entity.

PS- there aren't many young badass cops. I know a few. Most are ball-less unless in numbers and are there for the pinchin and "going home tonight".

I said most. Not all, genius. I know some good SROs, but most are lazy, fat, old heads...

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 05/29/22.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Longbob
Unbelievable. The azz clown that kept the officers from taking down the shooter for so long is now under police protection. This is just rich.

https://nypost.com/2022/05/28/uvalde-school-police-chief-pete-arredondo-is-a-coward-neighbor/

The Texas cop under scrutiny for how he handled the response to the Uvalde school massacre stayed out of site under police protection Saturday — while an angry neighbor slammed him as a “coward.”

Priceless, I bet Rockinbbar has the midnight to 8 shift.

Last edited by 250Sav_age; 05/29/22.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 250Sav_age

Actually, you little c unt, I despise incompetence and cowardice.

Maybe that's why you are so hated here? wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I don't understand why there is so much hate directed at the cop and little mention of whoever left the door open. The cop might of saved a very few lives (possibly none) if he'd done things differently, but if the door had been closed there may have been no children killed at all.
I'm not suggesting that hatred is appropriate for anybody in this case, and I'm not defending anybody either, but it sure seems one sided.

Last edited by Moto_Vita; 05/29/22.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
It's one sided because one occupation is paid to strap up and handle business against criminals.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 250Sav_age

Actually, you little c unt, I despise incompetence and cowardice.

Maybe that's why you are so hated here? wink

I truly think if YOU were put in that situation you'd do what you thought was best to save innocent lives. You're just catching shat for initially defending the first responders. But I get it. Cheers p

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Actually, I was just trying to follow the investigation with what was facts. It's very hard to do nowadays.

One thing that's bothering me is during the time they held the guy pinned down, but didn't go in because they were ordered not to by the incident commander, is why no other officers from any agency didn't either take command away from the incompetent school cop, or just disregard his orders and organize a breech to kill the guy themselves?

I guess nobody wanted that responsibility or blame of things went wrong.

Who knows?

I know I'm sickened over the whole damn thing, and my heart hurts for the families.

I sure hope incident response and procedures change in the wake of this.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
One thing that's bothering me is during the time they held the guy pinned down, but didn't go in because they were ordered not to by the incident commander, is why no other officers from any agency didn't either take command away from the incompetent school cop, or just disregard his orders and organize a breech to kill the guy themselves?

Part of the delay might have been finding the keys to the door. The Admins would have master keys but they prob’ly moved over to the civic center along with the hundreds of evacuated kids. Some stories are suggesting a 30 minute delay before a custodian with keys could be located.

Another story suggested that the Chief of the School Cops may not have even had a radio with him and been out of communication when this incident began

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Nothing like fist bumping and laughing while kids are getting slaughtered.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Actually, I was just trying to follow the investigation with what was facts. It's very hard to do nowadays.

I guess nobody wanted that responsibility or blame of things went wrong.

Who knows?

I know I'm sickened over the whole damn thing, and my heart hurts for the families.

I sure hope incident response and procedures change in the wake of this.

For those of us that have claimed that whenever they are questioned about ANYTHING the ol’ Nuremberg defense of… “I was just following orders” seems especially apropos. Following orders is NO LONGER an acceptable excuse to break the law nor does it exonerate cowardice.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Active shooter protocol since Columbine has been first on, first in, search and destroy. There is no other acceptable response.

The cops not acting should be fired, decertified and thrown to the wolves for any applicable criminal and civil proceedings.

This^^^ 2 real cops and a Haligan tool would have stopped the shooter before the arrival of any command element. SOP in many jurisdictions. If you accept the badge you accept the risk that goes w/ it. It is indefensible to wait no matter the risk to the officers responding. Until a hot muzzle has been pressed to the perps eyeball it is a hostage rescue situation and no delay is excusable.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Jerry_Lundegaard
Nothing like fist bumping and laughing while kids are getting slaughtered.

Ho-Lee-Cow “Disgusting” reaches a new low. “Hey my man, long time. First massacre?” What can you be smiling about?

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
110 members (35, 32_20fan, 338reddog, 10gaugeman, 257robertsimp, 9 invisible), 1,409 guests, and 698 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,589
Posts18,397,882
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.