Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Why are Public Safety officials and cops constantly getting this wrong??

These devils are not going to the schools to take hostages. They're there to KILL children.

SHRED THEM@!@!

And the teacher who propped the door open should get a public beating in the town square..

LInk to story

By Jack Phillips and Charlotte Cuthbertson May 27, 2022

UVALDE, Texas—Texas Department of Public Safety Director Steve McCraw admitted Friday that it was the “wrong decision” to not engage Texas mass shooter Salvador Ramos sooner.

When asked why police at Robb Elementary didn’t act quicker, McCraw told reporters at a news conference that “the on-scene commander at the time believed that it had transitioned from an active shooter to a barricaded subject.”

“A decision was made on the scene—I wasn’t there—that this was a barricaded subject situation, there was time to retrieve the keys and wait for a tactical team with the equipment to go ahead and breach the door and take on the subject,” he said. “At that point, that was the decision, that was the thought process.”

McCraw said that in hindsight, “it was not the right decision, it was a wrong decision, very, there was no excuse for that,” referring to the lack of engaging Ramos sooner. “I wasn’t there but I’m just telling you from what we know, that we believe there should have been an entry as soon as you can,” he said.

Ultimately, to enter the Robb Elementary classroom, officers used a key provided by a janitor, the agency director revealed. Ramos also fired approximately 100 rounds during the entire incident, McCraw added, noting that the finding was based on audio evidence.

In the Tuesday incident, Ramos killed 19 children and two adults in the worst U.S. school mass shooting in a decade. Authorities said that the teen, who recently turned 18, did not display signs of mental health problems although he was described as a loner who had problems in school.

Ramos also entered Robb Elementary School in Uvalde through a door that was propped open by a teacher just minutes before, McCraw added. McCraw said that there was also no school resource officer at the school, and he could not say why. The officer, he said, later responded when someone called 911.

Before Ramos entered the building, the officer inadvertently drove past the suspect, who was hiding behind a car. The officer instead confronted a teacher who he believed was the suspect, McCraw told reporters.

At around 11:27 a.m. Tuesday, the teacher propped open the door at Robb Elementary, coming about 1 minute before Ramos crashed his vehicle nearby, McCraw said. The same teacher about two minutes later at 11:30 a.m. reported the crash and a male with a gun, although it’s not clear why the teacher didn’t close the door.

McCraw did not provide more details on why the door was propped open in the first place or why the school resource officer confronted a teacher.

Gemma Lopez, a 10-year-old survivor of the attack, said that she heard Ramos say “leave me alone please” to law enforcement who responded to the shooting.

Lopez told ABC News that she turned off the light to her classroom after a “bullet came through the wall.”

Later, the girl said, “I heard the officers yelling at the shooter … to put the firearm down, and then the shooter said ‘leave me alone please’ and then he started shooting.”

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Get off your fugking asses and go get those kids!!!

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Just kill the SOB at the first opportunity.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Exactly. Why all the brain salad?

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
“the on-scene commander at the time believed that it had transitioned from an active shooter to a barricaded subject.” IOW “fuq it, they prolly all daid”. The assumption that there are no wounded is BS.

Cops have been trained to not be heroes, to get home safe at night.

Be a fuqqing hero.

IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Can't believe this. What dipchit thought this was going to be a hostage situation.....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Broward County all over again.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Is a School Resource Officer in Texas armed or unarmed?

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Listening to that press conference yesterday, I was getting pissed. They could have saved some. Christ, they were getting 911 calls saying people were still alive.

Even if 1 kid was still alive, they should have breached

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 12344mag

They are commissioned to carry. They are just like any other cop in legal respects.

But often, they end up being school cops because it's the only option they have. They usually are kinda like mall cops... Can't cut it in the big boy departments.

The biggest mistake early on was making that school cop the "incident commander".

That's like appointing a little league coach to manage the world series. frown WAY above his pay grade, and now the aftermath of the decisions that school cop police chief made will last forever.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Later, the girl said, “I heard the officers yelling at the shooter … to put the firearm down, and then the shooter said ‘leave me alone please’ and then he started shooting.”

Dear God in heaven. Cops with side arms and murderer with an AR and they give him the first shot in a school full of children. This has to be Liberal Onset Syndrome. Don’t they even shine a light in one ear before giving these fools a badge? If the light hits the wall on the other side………and the School Police Buffoon needs a public beating. Talk about too many layers of management.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
What a clusterfuuuuck.....

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
One problem is that they have interposed psychologists between potential cops and the various departments. These psychologists weed out many traits associated with heroism, i.e., such traits are identified as toxic masculinity or some such, and the applicant is denied for that reason, so you get forces of cops who either are real men capable of deceiving said psychologists or men least likely to engage in heroism on the job.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
And the nation is full of social program, affirmative action hires. It's not going to get better, until people start realizing that maybe having a queer woman meter maid as chief of police isn't the way to go.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
If the school Police “ Incident Commander “ has any integrity left he will eat a bullet soon. I do not know how you could live with that . If it was one of my kids, I know he would. I honestly don’t know how any of the police at the scene could live with themselves , doing nothing while those shots were fired in that school. I cannot get my head around it.
I have lots of friends that are Law enforcement and I don’t know any who wouldn’t lay down their life for little kids like these. I’m sickened by this

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Offer the teacher who propped a rock in the door to keep it open a pistol with one bullet.
Offer the school chief of police or whatever his title is the same.
And the SRO out getting lunch or whatever the fuuuck he was doing elsewhere the same.

About their best option..... IMO...

Or they can live everyday the rest of their miserable existence knowing they played a part in the events.

Kids and teachers are dead.
Killer is dead.
Nothing is gonna change that...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No idea what the Uvalde school facilities are like or the resource officer assignment.

We have three schools, the middle and high schools are about 400 yards
apart at the closest corners, on the south edge of town. The elementary is north of town, probably 1 1/2 miles from the others.

We have one officer, he decides where to be, tries to be at every school everyday on a random basis.

Can't afford three. (Well, maybe from the football/wrestling/soccer budget)

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Does not paint a good picture of law enforcement in Uvalde. Any one of them restraining those parents from going in and getting their kids deserves a bullet behind the ear.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Does not paint a good picture of law enforcement in Uvalde. Any one of them restraining those parents from going in and getting their kids deserves a bullet behind the ear.

Yep. Won't happen though. They are agents of the government, protected by media and professional liars and lawyers.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
At least all of the cops made it home safe.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by steve4102

Probably gonna "investigate" themselves and put themselves on paid leave while they do it. Poor misunderstood union pension sponges.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

There was a complete system failure there.

I waited until they had the preliminary investigation done before I formed an opinion. Now I know.

Cowardice and ignorance.

Uvalde County probably had 150 law enforcement officers in the county at the time of the shooting. Police Dept, Sheriff's Dept., School Police Dept., Border Patrol... both stationed there, and temporarily assigned there, Texas DPS, and those assigned to the task force for illegals....

Of ALL of those cops in the county, they picked the absolute WORST and least qualified one to be the "Incident Commander".... simply because he was the chief school cop, and the school was "his jurisdiction".

That chit needs to change, and change now! mad

You don't drive a nail with a banana. You drive it with a hammer.

mad

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mjbgalt

Probably gonna "investigate" themselves and put themselves on paid leave while they do it. Poor misunderstood union pension sponges.

The Texas Rangers are heading up the investigation.

They were not involved in the incident, and it appears they have no problem calling a spade a spade. It may leave a bad taste in their mouths getting to the bottom of this, but we ALL have a bad taste in our mouths after this.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Barry, Cant the Incident Commander's decision be challenged by someone like DPS or the sheriff's dept? Just cant understand how all those officers could stand around and not question the decision to stand down

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We can only hope that having a seat on the Uvalde City Council will put him in position to pursue having the schools Chief of Police fired.

[Linked Image from i.dailymail.co.uk]
Police chief who delayed tactical response to shooting that killed 21 people will join Uvalde City Council

Arredondo was elected to the Uvalde City Council three weeks ago, earning nearly 70% of the vote, according to the Uvalde Leader-News. LINK

Though the Uvalde Police Department has since changed its story about what happened during the shooting at least 12 times, a Friday statement by Director of Texas Department of Public Safety Steven McCraw indicated Arredondo's orders delayed police response during the incident.  

McCraw said Friday that Arredondo, who oversees the six-officer police force in eight schools as the Chief of Police for the Uvalde Consolidated Independent School District, believed the gunman had "barricaded" himself in a classroom and "there were no more children at risk," and ordered officers not to engage the suspect. 

Meanwhile, the gunman continued firing on a 4th grade classroom, ultimately killing two teachers and 19 students and wounding 17 others. 

"Of course it was not the right decision," McCraw added. "It was the wrong decision. There is no excuse for that."

The Uvalde Consolidated Independent School District did not immediately return Insider's request for comment.

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by stikshooter
Barry, Cant the Incident Commander's decision be challenged by someone like DPS or the sheriff's dept? Just cant understand how all those officers could stand around and not question the decision to stand down

It absolutely SHOULD have been challenged.

Jurisdiction and chain of command are generally not things you can tweak much. But changes need to be made.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Political hack with zero clue. Describes most LE leadership.

The press is having a field day with this because now the story is about those evil cops, instead of about the psychotic cross dressing leftist that murdered children.

P.s. if you live in podunk you might have barney fife show up....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by akasparky
We can only hope that having a seat on the Uvalde City Council will put him in position to pursue having the schools Chief of Police fired.

Dude.

Arredondo IS THE SCHOOL POLICE CHIEF.

You know... The very one who screwed the pooch.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

There was a complete system failure there.

I waited until they had the preliminary investigation done before I formed an opinion. Now I know.

Cowardice and ignorance.

Uvalde County probably had 150 law enforcement officers in the county at the time of the shooting. Police Dept, Sheriff's Dept., School Police Dept., Border Patrol... both stationed there, and temporarily assigned there, Texas DPS, and those assigned to the task force for illegals....

Of ALL of those cops in the county, they picked the absolute WORST and least qualified one to be the "Incident Commander".... simply because he was the chief school cop, and the school was "his jurisdiction".

That chit needs to change, and change now! mad

You don't drive a nail with a banana. You drive it with a hammer.

mad
This.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
So so sad that this was even aloud to happen.

G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
If he doesn't resign from the force and from the City Council, I predict tough sledding ahead for Arredondo. And probably regardless. He may just smoke his pistol.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by GrouseChaser
If he doesn't resign from the force and from the City Council, I predict tough sledding ahead for Arredondo. And probably regardless. He may just smoke his pistol.

He better do more than that.

He better move. Far away, and change his name. sick

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by akasparky

Dude.

Arredondo IS THE SCHOOL POLICE CHIEF.

You know... The very one who screwed the pooch.

fa·ce·tious

/fəˈsēSHəs/

adjective

treating serious issues with deliberately inappropriate humor; flippant.

"a facetious remark"

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by crittrgittr
So so sad that this was even aloud to happen.
Sad that it was allowed to happen, for sure.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by GrouseChaser

He better do more than that.

He better move. Far away, and change his name. sick

Every cop that followed his orders should be forced to do the same.

This “following orders “ schit needs to stop.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I just read that the front door to the school was propped open! Not closed or locked! Any one could have just walked in!

WHY?

If true, there appears to be much to improve in the city.

CRS, NRA Benefactor Life Member, Whittington Center, TSRA, DWWC, DRSS
Android Reloading Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I agree that it takes away it takes away the focus from the fact that someone could have seen this coming and Did something about it . Whack job didn’t dream this up overnight.
I do live in A Podunk place , 10,000 people in the whole county . Our Sherrifs department and deputies are solid , town cops no. Even out here in the middle of nowhere we’ve had serious [bleep] go down and LE has always stepped up

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
What happened to their Active Shooter Training?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by crshelton
I just read that the front door to the school was propped open! Not closed or locked! Any one could have just walked in!

WHY?

I believe it was a back door to a classroom. Sadly, this sort of thing is common in public schools. After the bell rings for next period, kids for next period often show up at the back door to the classroom instead of the door to the hallway, and many teachers (rather than assign a student to stand there, look through the window to verify it's a student, and open it every time someone knocks) will just leave it slightly ajar till everyone has arrived, then close it all the way once the period has started. I wonder if this is what happened.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
If policy was for that door to be closed and can only be opened from inside, that Teacher should be charged.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
4-stars on his shoulders and the Director of the DPS has birds (colonel). I always think it is strange when police chiefs wear 4 stars when one in army would command like 90,000 troops. You see it a lot.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'd like to see a diagram of the facility and the incident.

I understand, perhaps wrongly, that the classroom was on the outside of the building perimeter and had windows. If so, it would be very difficult for the murderer to defend that position.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by crshelton

WHY?

I believe it was a back door to a classroom. Sadly, this sort of thing is common in public schools. After the bell rings for next period, kids for next period often show up at the back door instead of the door to the hallway, and many teachers will (rather than assign a student to stand there and open it every time someone knocks) just leave it a slightly ajar till everyone has arrived. I wonder if this is what happened.

That question will most likely be answered in the coming days.
It been reported they have time stamped video of the teacher opening the door.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Tyrone
I'd like to see a diagram of the facility and the incident.

I understand, perhaps wrongly, that the classroom was on the outside of the building perimeter and had windows. If so, it would be very difficult for the murderer to defend that position.

The little girl they interviewed that was in that room said she went to the window and looked outside and saw the police.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Another factor that is often missed now in Texas is the "Hispanic" factor.

Especially in elections and public office positions.

Often the case is: a better qualified person is overlooked or not elected because they aren't Hispanic.

Not trying to have this mean any racial disrespect, but it's a thing.

In many of these counties, you probably won't get elected or hired if you aren't Hispanic.

Just the way it is.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
If policy was for that door to be closed and can only be opened from inside, that Teacher should be charged.

No no no. Teachers are heros. We should all be happy they decided to actually return to the classroom this year.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 12344mag

They would be armed like regular Cops.

The Uvalde Independent School District website doesn’t appear to be up right now but a quick Google it looks like one high school, two middle schools and five elementary schools, 15,000 people living in the town. Schools in Texas are funded largely by property taxes, dunno what additional State and Federal aid a poor place like Uvalde gets.

Even here in San Antonio, School Cops start out earningsignificantly less than teachers.

I believe the more dynamic ones are assigned to the High Schools, most of what they do at the high school level is break up fights and take those kids to the office, arrest a few kids every year in possession of drugs, an once in a while catch a kid on campus with a handgun, on themselves or in a vehicle.

A good SRO (and I’ve seen a few),can be an invaluable asset to the school. For many kids they are their first point of contact between themselves and the legal system. For example most weapons busts are from reports by other students, the potential for school Cops to detect abuse cases is big too if the kids confide in them.

There are so few SROs relative to the teaching staff, increasing their salaries to meet or exceed teacher salaries would be a minor addition to a district budget. I’d like to see them get serious Cop pay.

Imagine a situation where the best and brightest wanted to be School Cops.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Another sad little secret....most SRO's are worthless old phuggs that are their to ride out their last couple of years. They usually pawn off actual police work to actual cops.

Just think of the old boomer at your job that won't retire.....that's your avg. SRO.

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 05/28/22.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
That town is gonna have some serious long term resentment towards it LE agencies at all levels from this.
Even down to individual officers and their families.
No matter the action or inaction level of a individual officer, it wont matter where he was, or what he was doing, or says he was just following orders.
It will be seen as guilt by association by the public for years if not decades for all of them.
No matter what is presented as the reasoning why it all happened and what LE did or didn't do in the final investigation.
A new training program in anyway presented to the public for the current LE force in town will not rid them of the stigma they now have at all.
It will be seen as hollow and a mute after the fact point with the same faces being seen with disdain by that town.

This stigma will stay on them everyday in the public eye and the public wont ever forget it.

Outright firings or suspensions aint gonna cut it in the public eye in that town even the ones that deserve it down to the lowest level.
They all need to go is the bottom line.

They need to flush that toliet out their and bring in outside hires.
In a phased in manner and keep it citizens updated on the status of it all till it is 100% accomplished.
Do not pair new hires with anyone currently their.
That distinction to the public needs to be made.
If it means the old ones feel ostracized.
So be it..
You will be relocated to blah blah blah town 200 300 miles away and you can restablish yourself their as a LE.
You have 0 option
We are doing what is best for our town and not you.
If you dont understand it you are part of the problem no matter what you did or didnt do that day..

Give incentives and raises to bring new LE faces in for the public eye.
Let the LE at this point have transfers once cleared of whatever their involvement or lack of involvement if it comes to that point.
With no option to stay employed with LE in town or the county.

But the union will have its say so in the matter.
If the union was smart they would support a plan to rotate out the LE in that town for it,s entire image.
The union could present and implement such a plan within its nationwide network if they would lift a finger or give a thought to it and see how it would restore some amount of trust in its members in the public eye.
I doubt they do schit other than CYA actions.....

We all know in small towns alot of LE hired are Nepotism and good ole boy network hires.
They need to look hard at advoiding that.
Pretty sure their are plenty of good sincere LE types who would like to relocate to that town and restore a good image and reputation of LE in that community from well outside of any connection to it currently.

That town needs some serious change for it's residents to feel any trust in LE again.

All IMO.....

Last edited by renegade50; 05/28/22.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Often the case is: a better qualified person is overlooked or not elected because they aren't Hispanic.

In many of these counties, you probably won't get elected or hired if you aren't Hispanic.

Just the way it is.

I will say that in a place like Uvalde it’s an advantage when applying you are fluently bilingual.

But yeah, nepotism in these places is also huge too. In fact eons ago, when I was pondering where to teach, I was specifically warned about Uvalde by someone who had worked there.

Gotta say though, that was also true to varying extents in small towns across Texas.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Active Shooter Drill:

Several years ago my wife had to participate in a local LE Active Shooter exercise at the Hospital where she worked. It didn’t go so well.

The drill was conducted late in the evening so all of the people in the waiting rooms were not patients, but volunteers.

The hospital’s procedure was for everyone to get away from the elevator doors and hide under desks, barricade in rooms with little or no windows, etc.

When the elevator door opened and the shooter carrying an AR-15 stepped out ready to fire, one of the volunteers stood up, pointed his finger at the shooter and yelled, “bang, bang, you’re dead”. The cop didn’t know what to do. Then he yelled “everybody can come out now, it’s safe I killed the shooter”

The volunteer that saved the day, was quickly arrested hauled away and they needed to reschedule the drill for another day.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Active Shooter Drill:

Several years ago my wife had to participate in a local LE Active Shooter exercise at the Hospital where she worked. It didn’t go so well.

The drill was conducted late in the evening so all of the people in the waiting rooms were not patients, but volunteers.

The hospital’s procedure was for everyone to get away from the elevator doors and hide under desks, barricade in rooms with little or no windows, etc.

When the elevator door opened and the shooter carrying an AR-15 stepped out ready to fire, one of the volunteers stood up, pointed his finger at the shooter and yelled, “bang, bang, you’re dead”. The cop didn’t know what to do. Then he yelled “everybody can come out now, it’s safe I killed the shooter”

The volunteer that saved the day, was quickly arrested hauled away and they needed to reschedule the drill for another day.

Paul’s sausage is messing up your brain. Hormones?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm as ignorant as the day is long about this stuff, but wouldn't you sneak a couple guys up to the classroom windows to play peek-a-boo with the help of observers and maybe some flash bangs? Maybe while you got a couple more guys busting down the inside door? They have radios to coordinate this stuff.

See the diagram here:
https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/texas-police-response-reaction-1.6469540

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I'm as ignorant as the day is long about this stuff, but wouldn't you sneak a couple guys up to the classroom windows to play peek-a-boo with the help of observers and maybe some flash bangs? Maybe while you got a couple more guys busting down the inside door? They have radios to coordinate this stuff.

See the diagram here:

Someone would have had to give that order, then, they would have needed to find some cops that were brave enough to follow it, so NO, taint gunna happen.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy

No no no. Teachers are heros. We should all be happy they decided to actually return to the classroom this year.

That teacher should properly be crucified, ya he did what a whole bunch of people in schools across the US do every day, and might not have been the only one at that particular school.”

But he did it, and an enormous tragedy resulted.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Look at this - concrete/brick walls so you won't get shot through them. The windows are kinda small but you could have one guy pop up at each one of them.

[Linked Image from newsplaneta.com]

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
"Another sad little secret....most SRO's are worthless old phuggs that are their to ride out their last couple of years. They usually pawn off actual police work to actual cops.

Just think of the old boomer at your job that won't retire.....that's your avg. SRO."

Jackson Handy you are correct. Young badass cops want to be on the SWAT team, they want action. Imagine how boring it would be as a school resource officer.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
The cops in the school, holding the hallway, were in a no-win situation: if they defied orders to contain and charged in and kids got killed, they'd be crucified for not holding and waiting for a "real" entry team to make entry. If they held, as they did, kids got killed. If they threw in flash bangs and the shooter went berserk, they'd be criticized for not being patient and re-escalating what they might have seen as a hostage situation. (I can hear my old command..."What the hell was wrong with you? You just initiated action without orders and kids died. How many kids died from friendly fire?") The protocol of going to the shots worked except the shooter survived the initial confrontation and was able to hole up (thanks, Captain Obvious) but at least he wasn't free to roam the entire school, al la Columbine and others.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Get off your fugking asses and go get those kids!!!

After Columbine most major police depts, transitioned to first on site, first through the door. Get in there quick. Apparently some of the smaller one's haven't made the jump.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Stray
The cops in the school, holding the hallway, were in a no-win situation: if they defied orders to contain and charged in and kids got killed, they'd be crucified for not holding and waiting for a "real" entry team to make entry. If they held, as they did, kids got killed. If they threw in flash bangs and the shooter went berserk, they'd be criticized for not being patient and re-escalating what they might have seen as a hostage situation. (I can hear my old command..."What the hell was wrong with you? You just initiated action without orders and kids died. How many kids died from friendly fire?") The protocol of going to the shots worked except the shooter survived the initial confrontation and was able to hole up (thanks, Captain Obvious) but at least he wasn't free to roam the entire school, al la Columbine and others.
Defending the Undefendable .

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Stray

One of the commanders was explaining the delay, saying that "If unprepared officers charged in, thee bad guy could shoot them, and then grab up the dead cop's weapons. He would also grab up a police radio and then he could listen in to our plans."

You can always make up an excuse for inaction.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by mjbgalt

The Texas Rangers are heading up the investigation.

They were not involved in the incident, and it appears they have no problem calling a spade a spade. It may leave a bad taste in their mouths getting to the bottom of this, but we ALL have a bad taste in our mouths after this.

Good. We need to fix this broken system asap

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Though the Uvalde Police Department has since changed its story about what happened during the shooting at least 12 times, a Friday statement by Director of Texas Department of Public Safety Steven McCraw indicated Arredondo's orders delayed police response during the incident.  

McCraw said Friday that Arredondo, who oversees the six-officer police force in eight schools as the Chief of Police for the Uvalde Consolidated Independent School District,

Seven SROs total (including the Chief) to cover eight schools. Prob’ly the one high school was where the most enforcement was ordinarily needed.

Turns out that first responding SRO was prob’ly doing exactly what he was supposed to do, could not just stay on one campus.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Just the way it is.

I will say that in a place like Uvalde it’s an advantage when applying you are fluently bilingual.

But yeah, nepotism in these places is also huge too. In fact eons ago, when I was pondering where to teach, I was specifically warned about Uvalde by someone who had worked there.

Gotta say though, that was also true to varying extents in small towns across Texas.
It's true across the country and the rest of the planet.

How many ever filled out a job application with these 2 questions.

Do you have a relative or friend who works here?
If so who?

You know that is a indicator you aint gonna get hired no matter what your quals are more than likely.

Little Johnny fresh outta high school whose unca or daddy works their is the shoe in.

Local .gov is full of that nation wide let alone the private sector.

It's a part of the incompetence and laziness in the workforce nationwide.
Little Johnny is protected.
He knows it and works it.
Others he works with know it and have to deal with it.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
"Another sad little secret....most SRO's are worthless old phuggs that are their to ride out their last couple of years. They usually pawn off actual police work to actual cops.

Just think of the old boomer at your job that won't retire.....that's your avg. SRO."

Jackson Handy you are correct. Young badass cops want to be on the SWAT team, they want action. Imagine how boring it would be as a school resource officer.

Another boomer hating dumbass. The SRO at the school 300 ft from my house is about 40-42. The alternate is roughly the same age. I know them both. Heard they are no longer directly attached to po-po dept. Completely separate entity.

PS- there aren't many young badass cops. I know a few. Most are ball-less unless in numbers and are there for the pinchin and "going home tonight".

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Despicable. Above all cover your ass. Damn the victims.

"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
The elephant in the room that won’t be addressed; a particular group there whether racial, ethnic, or social carries with it a lack of personal responsibility and a sheer lack of compassion for others. God help us, that is taking over our nation.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What is that teacher's name? Why was she outside to begin with?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Texas DPS Lt. Chris Olivarez shocked the nation Thursday when he explained that the cops did not enter because they may have been shot.

There you have it folks, that’s all you need to know as to “Why”.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/texas-dps-criticism-officers-could-have-been-shot

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
See the diagram here:
This is what I've wondered from the beginning. They knew what room he was in. Why not use a window to smoke him out with a combo of flash bang and gas? In any case he would have killed himself, been disabled, or exited the room into the hall where his welcoming party waited.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Gas! There you go!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Hastings
See the diagram here:
This is what I've wondered from the beginning. They knew what room he was in. Why not use a window to smoke him out with a combo of flash bang and gas? In any case he would have killed himself, been disabled, or exited the room into the hall where his welcoming party waited.
As Lt Olivarez explained, they were afraid of getting shot.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Someone already said it. The whole crew needs to go. School board, teacher leaving the door open, LEO, everybody. That community will otherwise never heal and will carry that hate for those entities forward for decades.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Our high school has a deputy that’s assigned as the SRO for that campus. He’s about my age, has years on the force, is a father to several children that also attend the local schools and most importantly he’s respected and liked by the students. He’s the kind of old school guy that instead of ruining a kids life and making a federal case out of a minor infraction he’s more likely to pour their beer out and give them a ride home. Recently some little wetback kid brought a handgun to school and was showing it off to some kids. The SRO took care of the situation and the wetback was expelled without incident. A week or two later he was talking to some parents about the incident and he called the wetback a dumb ass. That comment was offensive to one of the Karen bitches so she complained, made a big stink and got the SRO fired as an SRO and put back on patrol. Hundreds and hundreds of students and parents were angry at the woke bullshit firing so they staged a peaceful walkout at the school. They told the administration that they’ll walkout every single day until he’s brought back. After the first day of students walking out of school the administration capitulated and brought him back as SRO. I was pleased and proud that my little town had the balls to stand up for what was right and they didn’t give in to the Karen’s and their progressive bullshit.

The little wetback that brought the gun to school was a dumbass and deserved whatever shame that he brought on himself and the SRO should NOT have been fired. He’s the type of cop that I’d expect to rush the cowardly murderer and since he’s a part of the community and coaches football and other sports for his kids he knows us dad’s. If something like Uvalde happens here I believe the outcome, or at least the response from the first on scene, would be drastically different. Around here I’d expect some of the dads would go in with the SRO and I’d also expect that there’d be nothing but cooperation between the SRO and first on scene whether it’s a couple of dad’s or a mutual aid response. I sincerely hope and pray that my theory is never tested but if it should happen I hope that our response would be swift and effective.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Too many questions and not enough answers. The kid apparently had never owned a weapon before. I suppose out of 100 rounds fired the body count is low but still?? The propped open door? who? Why? Was it someone outside smoking? If so why didn't the shooter get challenged? Keystone cops. officer in charge makes the opposite call and everyone follows blindly for an hour while the kids are being systematically murdered?

I can understand possibly the home town cop that's never fired his pistol at anyone being out of the loop but jeez DPS and other agency types were on scene. There really needs to be some people pay a price for this. That should go on up the line. The poor kids paid the ultimate price for a lot of people's stupidity. I feel awful for those poor parents that'll never see their kids again and those kids that had to endure what must've been the worst horror anyone could imagine.

It's happened before and it will happen again, it's just a matter of where and when. Could be worse could be better but with today's lack of responsibility and victim mentality it is becoming more frequent. Being bullied by other students doesn't make sense. The sad fact is too many kids are raised by someone other than their parents. Too many adults cannot or will not take responsibility for their children. Hollywood glorifies murder and mayhem; all the gory details. Our government officials especially democrats make everyone a victim and make excuses for bad behavior. It's ok for antifa to murder innocents but when one of them gets burnt it's hell to pay. Instead of gun control we need government control.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Someone already said it. The whole crew needs to go. School board, teacher leaving the door open, LEO, everybody. That community will otherwise never heal and will carry that hate for those entities forward for decades.

Firing ain't enough for some of them.

Besides the public humiliation, those who contributed to the death count by either negligence or cowardice need to be held accountable.

Other people in the same positions in other towns and places need to pay attention. Everyone needs to learn not only what to do in this instance, but what not to do.

Nothing will bring those kids back. But maybe others can be saved.

Just one simple thing can change the outcome. Imagine if the nutjob could not have gained access. Or if the first cops there had gone in with the first 6-7 cops?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Just the way it is.

It's true across the country and the rest of the planet.

How many ever filled out a job application with these 2 questions.

Do you have a relative or friend who works here?
If so who?

You know that is a indicator you aint gonna get hired no matter what your quals are more than likely.

Little Johnny fresh outta high school whose unca or daddy works their is the shoe in.

Local .gov is full of that nation wide let alone the private sector.

It's a part of the incompetence and laziness in the workforce nationwide.
Little Johnny is protected.
He knows it and works it.
Others he works with know it and have to deal with it.

Yep!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What is the answer to these incidents when (for example) the courts rule that officers had no duty to protect students in the Parkland School Massacre…?

https://www.police1.com/parkland-sc...ring-parkland-shooting-YqL7dneDUphA0ktq/

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by antlers
What is the answer to these incidents when (for example) the courts rule that officers had no duty to protect students in the Parkland School Massacre…?

https://www.police1.com/parkland-sc...ring-parkland-shooting-YqL7dneDUphA0ktq/

Hang all of those Libertard Judges. 😡

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Besides the public humiliation, those who contributed to the death count by either negligence or cowardice need to be held accountable.

Other people in the same positions in other towns and places need to pay attention. Everyone needs to learn not only what to do in this instance, but what not to do.

Just one simple thing can change the outcome. Imagine if the nutjob could not have gained access. Or if the first cops there had gone in with the first 6-7 cops?

Yep. Firing them is not near enough punishment.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 05/28/22.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I am not military or law enforcement, but it seems pretty simple. If someone shoots at kids, you kill them. As fast, efficient, and cold as possible. Until the kids are safe, the offender needs to die, the innocents are to be defended. If you are a man, you may even lay down your life for someone else’s kids by doing that. But there is no question, you kill them as fast and unmerciful as you can.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Apparently it was a guy, mostly likely that door was the shortest distance to the parking lot. He could have been going out to his vehicle for any number of reasons. Could have been his lunch time.

Apparently he did not have a key or an ID that could be swiped to open the door. Most damning would be if he forgot his ID or school keys on his desk and thought “fuggit” and just propped the door open for a bit.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Apparently it was a guy, mostly likely that door was the shortest distance to the parking lot. He could have been going out to his vehicle for any number of reasons. Could have been his lunch time.
Apparently he did not have a key or an ID that could be swiped to open the door. Most damning would be if he forgot his ID or school keys on his desk and thought “fuggit” and just propped the door open for a bit.
I bet he is in a world of sheit. Awfully unlucky day to leave the door ajar.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Good point, Barry.

PS- Who "misled" Governor Abbott?: those people need to be held accountable.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Unbelievable. The azz clown that kept the officers from taking down the shooter for so long is now under police protection. This is just rich.

https://nypost.com/2022/05/28/uvalde-school-police-chief-pete-arredondo-is-a-coward-neighbor/

The Texas cop under scrutiny for how he handled the response to the Uvalde school massacre stayed out of site under police protection Saturday — while an angry neighbor slammed him as a “coward.”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Active shooter protocol since Columbine has been first on, first in, search and destroy. There is no other acceptable response.

The cops not acting should be fired, decertified and thrown to the wolves for any applicable criminal and civil proceedings.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

...so they can pay their union dues...

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by luv2safari

...so they can pay their union dues...

The real scabs.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Another boomer hating dumbass. The SRO at the school 300 ft from my house is about 40-42. The alternate is roughly the same age. I know them both. Heard they are no longer directly attached to po-po dept. Completely separate entity.

PS- there aren't many young badass cops. I know a few. Most are ball-less unless in numbers and are there for the pinchin and "going home tonight".

I said most. Not all, genius. I know some good SROs, but most are lazy, fat, old heads...

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 05/29/22.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Longbob
Unbelievable. The azz clown that kept the officers from taking down the shooter for so long is now under police protection. This is just rich.

https://nypost.com/2022/05/28/uvalde-school-police-chief-pete-arredondo-is-a-coward-neighbor/

The Texas cop under scrutiny for how he handled the response to the Uvalde school massacre stayed out of site under police protection Saturday — while an angry neighbor slammed him as a “coward.”

Priceless, I bet Rockinbbar has the midnight to 8 shift.

Last edited by 250Sav_age; 05/29/22.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 250Sav_age

Actually, you little c unt, I despise incompetence and cowardice.

Maybe that's why you are so hated here? wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I don't understand why there is so much hate directed at the cop and little mention of whoever left the door open. The cop might of saved a very few lives (possibly none) if he'd done things differently, but if the door had been closed there may have been no children killed at all.
I'm not suggesting that hatred is appropriate for anybody in this case, and I'm not defending anybody either, but it sure seems one sided.

Last edited by Moto_Vita; 05/29/22.
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
It's one sided because one occupation is paid to strap up and handle business against criminals.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

Actually, you little c unt, I despise incompetence and cowardice.

Maybe that's why you are so hated here? wink

I truly think if YOU were put in that situation you'd do what you thought was best to save innocent lives. You're just catching shat for initially defending the first responders. But I get it. Cheers p

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Actually, I was just trying to follow the investigation with what was facts. It's very hard to do nowadays.

One thing that's bothering me is during the time they held the guy pinned down, but didn't go in because they were ordered not to by the incident commander, is why no other officers from any agency didn't either take command away from the incompetent school cop, or just disregard his orders and organize a breech to kill the guy themselves?

I guess nobody wanted that responsibility or blame of things went wrong.

Who knows?

I know I'm sickened over the whole damn thing, and my heart hurts for the families.

I sure hope incident response and procedures change in the wake of this.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
One thing that's bothering me is during the time they held the guy pinned down, but didn't go in because they were ordered not to by the incident commander, is why no other officers from any agency didn't either take command away from the incompetent school cop, or just disregard his orders and organize a breech to kill the guy themselves?

Part of the delay might have been finding the keys to the door. The Admins would have master keys but they prob’ly moved over to the civic center along with the hundreds of evacuated kids. Some stories are suggesting a 30 minute delay before a custodian with keys could be located.

Another story suggested that the Chief of the School Cops may not have even had a radio with him and been out of communication when this incident began

J
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
J
Nothing like fist bumping and laughing while kids are getting slaughtered.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Actually, I was just trying to follow the investigation with what was facts. It's very hard to do nowadays.

I guess nobody wanted that responsibility or blame of things went wrong.

Who knows?

I know I'm sickened over the whole damn thing, and my heart hurts for the families.

I sure hope incident response and procedures change in the wake of this.

For those of us that have claimed that whenever they are questioned about ANYTHING the ol’ Nuremberg defense of… “I was just following orders” seems especially apropos. Following orders is NO LONGER an acceptable excuse to break the law nor does it exonerate cowardice.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Active shooter protocol since Columbine has been first on, first in, search and destroy. There is no other acceptable response.

The cops not acting should be fired, decertified and thrown to the wolves for any applicable criminal and civil proceedings.

This^^^ 2 real cops and a Haligan tool would have stopped the shooter before the arrival of any command element. SOP in many jurisdictions. If you accept the badge you accept the risk that goes w/ it. It is indefensible to wait no matter the risk to the officers responding. Until a hot muzzle has been pressed to the perps eyeball it is a hostage rescue situation and no delay is excusable.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Jerry_Lundegaard
Nothing like fist bumping and laughing while kids are getting slaughtered.

Ho-Lee-Cow “Disgusting” reaches a new low. “Hey my man, long time. First massacre?” What can you be smiling about?

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

I said most. Not all, genius. I know some good SROs, but most are lazy, fat, old heads...

Wasn't talking to you, genius.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
And we still don't know why that teacher left that door open.

?????

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

?????

I see nothing sinister.

I’m in a public high school, doors get propped open all the time. Mostly by the students, and usually un-propped by teachers and staff, who generally have keys/swipe ID’s to get in.

Anytime where you have a situation where “no you can’t get back in here, you have to walk all the way around the building instead” you’re gonna have doors propped open.

Add to that that years go by with nothing bad happening. People get complacent

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The biggest mistake early on was making that school cop the "incident commander".

While he would be the incident commander initially he should have been relieved very quickly.

Sounds like some very serious training issues with that department. Lack of planning and no training scenarios. Just small town cops who at the most write a ticket or bust a kid smoking pot. This, way outside their wheelhouse.

This monster did not just spring out of the sea like Godzilla. This monster grew directly under the nose of parents, teachers and community.

Last edited by Armednfree; 05/29/22.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Armednfree

While he would be the incident commander initially he should have been relieved very quickly.

Sounds like some very serious training issues with that department. Lack of planning and no training scenarios. Just small town cops who at the most write a ticket or bust a kid smoking pot. This, way outside their wheelhouse.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

?????

I see nothing sinister.

I’m in a public high school, doors get propped open all the time. Mostly by the students, and usually un-propped by teachers and staff, who generally have keys/swipe ID’s to get in.

Anytime where you have a situation where “no you can’t get back in here, you have to walk all the way around the building instead” you’re gonna have doors propped open.

And therein lies the problem..

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

?????

I see nothing sinister.

And did the shooter know that door would probably propped open?
The thing is, is that it appears that a teacher looked out that door, called 911, went back inside, and didn't shut the door.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Moto_Vita

?????

I see nothing sinister.

The thing is, is that it appears that a teacher looked out that door, called 911, went back inside, and didn't shut the door.

Sure sounds like shooter knew exactly which door to go to. He wasn't fumbling around trying other doors, was he?

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
The monster had help, but we're never going to know which alphabet soup agency, or which drug cartel financed and coached him. Either way, the "lone wolf deranged bad guy" (Lee Harvey Oswald) scenario doesn't pass the smell test.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

?????

I see nothing sinister.

My understanding is there was only one teacher, a guy (not too many guys on staff at most elementary schools) who was out in the parking lot and who called 911 about the shooter wrecking his truck in the drainage ditch in back of the school.

The shooter opened fire on the building from the parking lot before he gained access, not the action of someone who knew he could walk right in.

That same teacher, still outside, was apprehended as a suspect by the first SRO to arrive on the scene. At that point the shooter entered the building.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

?????

I see nothing sinister.

My understanding is there was only one teacher, a guy (not too many guys on staff at most elementary schools) who was out in the parking lot and who called 911 about the shooter wrecking his truck in the drainage ditch in back of the school.

The shooter opened fire on the building from the parking lot before he gained access, not the action of someone who knew he could walk right in.

That same teacher, still outside, was apprehended as a suspect by the first SRO to arrive on the scene. At that point the shooter entered the building.

Nothing has changed. We're still at the idiot left the door open..

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Any word on why/how the truck got wrecked?

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Any word on why/how the truck got wrecked?[/quote]

The kid didn't know how to drive, never had a license.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

?????

I see nothing sinister.

The lawsuits will probably start filing Tuesday, that may shed some light on things.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
The monster had help, but we're never going to know which alphabet soup agency, or which drug cartel financed and coached him. Either way, the "lone wolf deranged bad guy" (Lee Harvey Oswald) scenario doesn't pass the smell test.

I think it is obvious, every one is looking right at it, and don't see a thing, because they are listening to the media and the bullschitt they are reporting.....

The DNCC has been to need media attention pulled off all of their screw ups from the Biden Administration over the last 6 months...

nothing shifts gears like it being time to go after ' gun control' once again.... to put media focus there...

Buffalo happened 10 days before Uvalde....

there sure are a lot of little incidences that came together to make all of this happen.... almost like it was orchestrated...

If you can't see all fingers pointing to the DNCC, and one of their clandestine support groups.... you aren't paying attention...

That is 10 dead adults in Buffalo and 2 dead teachers and 19 dead elementary school kids dead in Texas... all in less than 2 weeks...

What is being reported is about as believable as how the democRats in the last election, got like 30 million votes for Joe Biden, being the "largest voter turn out for a Candidate in American history" as they had the media report....

That makes 12 adults and 19 kids murdered by the DNCC in the month of May. What have they got in store for us all in June?
and ALL for political benefits.... nothing else....

and yeah, how convenient that a certain door was open, for a certain trespasser with an AR could find just when they needed entry to a locked school building.. and then the "incident commander" had everyone stand down for an hour, before doing anything about this....

the odds for this being true are about as true as me finding a $2 bill on the ground at a local store and buying a lottery ticket and find myself $500K richer the next morning....

which one of us or our children and grand children are next gentlemen??

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

That's an assumption and not an answer.

I think when 20 kids get murdered in a fish bowl everyone has a right to real answers to real questions.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by ol_mike

That's an excellent question and the media seems to have already filed it next to the Supreme Court opinion being leaked.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by ol_mike

I saw the interview with the grandfather and he said he was supposed to teach the punk how to drive, but the kid kept blowing him off.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Someone posted this pic up in the last day or two on a thread.

If this is their SWAT team they seem well armed and equipped....

👍👍👍Picture!!!!

To protect and serve............

Last edited by renegade50; 05/30/22.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

That is a mute point when you have an incident commander who won't let a response team go in.

It doesn't sound like the UPD SWAT team was even deployed, as the team that was assembled on the incident site only had a couple of them, a Zavala County deputy, and 3 BORTAC from border patrol.

Sounds like SWAT teams need to be like Fire Departments... Subject to being on call with a rapid response time.

Not only that, but put someone in charge who knows enough to send the hammers in after the nail.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

That is a mute point when you have an incident commander who won't let a response team go in.

It doesn't sound like the UPD SWAT team was even deployed, as the team that was assembled on the incident site only had a couple of them, a Zavala County deputy, and 3 BORTAC from border patrol.

Sounds like SWAT teams need to be like Fire Departments... Subject to being on call with a rapid response time.

Not only that, but put someone in charge who knows enough to send the hammers in after the nail.
Totally agree.

But the pic still makes a point in many ways....

Aside from that they spent plenty of money equipping that
"SWAT" team and got a nice picture from their tax payer paid investment for public safety.
👍👍👍

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
That five foot one female in the front would scare the daylights out of any terrorist.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Token split tail....
Their version of Officer Hooks from Police Academy...

Probably got her job thru Nepotism and the good ole boy network like the rest of em.....

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
That five foot one female in the front would scare the daylights out of any terrorist.
More like 4’9”. She’s one HOT TAMALE !

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
7 pages of this thread, countless Libs spouting off on other forums, and this is THE ONLY actionable suggestion for structural change!

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

?????

I see nothing sinister.

Sinister not needed. Stupidity was clearly enough to get 19 kids and 2 teachers murdered.

Worthy to NOTE: A dumbfugk teacher left the door propped open.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Have they released that idiots name yet?

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Scum was outside shooting for 12 minutes when the teacher opened the door and left it open to go to their car. 12 minutes to go to your car and return? Without hearing gunshots and thinking "Hmmm, I wonder what that is?"

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Have they released that idiots name yet?

It's sitting next to the Supreme Court aide that leaked the Roberts opinion.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Birdfugker can relate.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

?????

I see nothing sinister.

Sinister not needed. Stupidity was clearly enough to get 19 kids and 2 teachers murdered.

A woman teacher, and we all know that women have the situational awareness of cucumber. Kodiakisland and few other clam apologists will along soon.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
Scum was outside shooting for 12 minutes when the teacher opened the door and left it open to go to their car. 12 minutes to go to your car and return? Without hearing gunshots and thinking "Hmmm, I wonder what that is?"

That's not what happened.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A woman teacher, and we all know that women have the situational awareness of cucumber. Kodiakisland and few other clam apologists will along soon.

I don't think it was a woman teacher.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

The kid didn't know how to drive, never had a license.[/quote]
How do you get a legally bought gun in Texas without a driver's license?

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

And you could be right, I'm only going by what I've read.

"At 11:27, we have video evidence that the exterior door where we knew the shooter Ramos entered was propped open by a teacher," Steve McCraw, director of Texas Department of Public Safety, told reporters Friday. He said the teacher had gone to her car to get her cellphone."

https://www.npr.org/2022/05/28/1101921388/uvalde-shooting-raises-questions-about-school-security

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Not disagreeing with you RB but that one simple thing that needs to change is that liberals and woke fugs need to be fired from any position of responsibility in this country, well anymore responsibility than the order microphone at McDonalds...yup libs need to go..mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
That is probably their entire police department, not their swat team.

Uvalde is a small town, I'd be surprised if they have more than 12 full time sworn.

And if that is their swat team, they arent going to be very capable with 9. Between a qrf, entry team, gas team, perimeter, bodies get used up quickly.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Totally agree.

"SWAT" team and got a nice picture from their tax payer paid investment for public safety.
👍👍👍

That was a very expensive picture for the townspeople of Uvalde. Too bad that's all they got for their money.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L

And you could be right, I'm only going by what I've read.

"At 11:27, we have video evidence that the exterior door where we knew the shooter Ramos entered was propped open by a teacher," Steve McCraw, director of Texas Department of Public Safety, told reporters Friday. He said the teacher had gone to her car to get her cellphone."

https://www.npr.org/2022/05/28/1101921388/uvalde-shooting-raises-questions-about-school-security

I have read reports of that “he” left the door open and others like this one that said “she.” Then other reports that are so confusing it makes it appear that two people went outside. This would be better clarity if they would start naming names. The TX DPS has really muffed up the reporting of “their investigation.”

I am holding out hope that the Texas Rangers do a far better job.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Uvalde is a small town, I'd be surprised if they have more than 12 full time sworn.

And if that is their swat team, they arent going to be very capable with 9. Between a qrf, entry team, gas team, perimeter, bodies get used up quickly.
40 on the force.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by stxhunter

40 on the force.

Ok 40 sworn. 25% (10) are desk riders probably, so down to 30. Detectives are probably 4 to 5, so down to 25 for patrol? That's assuming they don't send any bodies to be tfo's or specialties like juvenile services etc.

So if they’re working 12s you have a minimum of two day shifts (fast end/slow end) and two night shifts. So 6 officers per shift with a supervisor...so 7. With nobody sick or on vacation.

Oh and a part-time 9 person tac team that are your patrol/detectives too.

Not bad for a 16k person town.

It was a [bleep] show from the top down. Eventually common sense hit somebody on scene and they did what needed to be done.

I've been through multiple active shooter trainings. At every one whether it's small scale inter-agency or large scale multi-agency, fire, ems, training, single person deployment is always discussed and done. Take the fight to the suspect(s), at a minimum they are now focused on you and not innocents.

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 05/30/22.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob

The kid didn't know how to drive, never had a license.
How do you get a legally bought gun in Texas without a driver's license?[/quote]
Probably state ID card or passport.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Totally agree.

👍👍👍

That was a very expensive picture for the townspeople of Uvalde. Too bad that's all they got for their money.
touché

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
I really don’t have much use for David French (a NeverTrumper), but on this one he’s bang on.

https://bariweiss.substack.com/p/the-shame-of-uvalde?s=r

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Was anybody in the Biden administration in contact with the Uvalde police giving directions on how to proceed?

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Epishemore
Was anybody in the Biden administration in contact with the Uvalde police giving directions on how to proceed?

Nope- - - -they were equipping and coaching the shooter.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by stxhunter

40 on the force.

Ok 40 sworn. 25% (10) are desk riders probably, so down to 30. Detectives are probably 4 to 5, so down to 25 for patrol? That's assuming they don't send any bodies to be tfo's or specialties like juvenile services etc.

So if they’re working 12s you have a minimum of two day shifts (fast end/slow end) and two night shifts. So 6 officers per shift with a supervisor...so 7. With nobody sick or on vacation.

Oh and a part-time 9 person tac team that are your patrol/detectives too.

Not bad for a 16k person town.

It was a [bleep] show from the top down. Eventually common sense hit somebody on scene and they did what needed to be done.

I've been through multiple active shooter trainings. At every one whether it's small scale inter-agency or large scale multi-agency, fire, ems, training, single person deployment is always discussed and done. Take the fight to the suspect(s), at a minimum they are now focused on you and not innocents.

The ISD police force commander was the one calling the shots. iirc, I read that their department is him, one detective, and 4 officers. So 6 mall cops at best. Just for the record since some are blaming the Texas DPS for calling it a mistake that they made, DPS was not involved at that point.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln

I think it is obvious, every one is looking right at it, and don't see a thing, because they are listening to the media and the bullschitt they are reporting.....

The DNCC has been to need media attention pulled off all of their screw ups from the Biden Administration over the last 6 months...

nothing shifts gears like it being time to go after ' gun control' once again.... to put media focus there...

Buffalo happened 10 days before Uvalde....

there sure are a lot of little incidences that came together to make all of this happen.... almost like it was orchestrated...

If you can't see all fingers pointing to the DNCC, and one of their clandestine support groups.... you aren't paying attention...

That is 10 dead adults in Buffalo and 2 dead teachers and 19 dead elementary school kids dead in Texas... all in less than 2 weeks...

What is being reported is about as believable as how the democRats in the last election, got like 30 million votes for Joe Biden, being the "largest voter turn out for a Candidate in American history" as they had the media report....

That makes 12 adults and 19 kids murdered by the DNCC in the month of May. What have they got in store for us all in June?
and ALL for political benefits.... nothing else....

and yeah, how convenient that a certain door was open, for a certain trespasser with an AR could find just when they needed entry to a locked school building.. and then the "incident commander" had everyone stand down for an hour, before doing anything about this....

the odds for this being true are about as true as me finding a $2 bill on the ground at a local store and buying a lottery ticket and find myself $500K richer the next morning....

which one of us or our children and grand children are next gentlemen??

This was definitely orchestrated. Doesn't take many whisperings, online grooming and a few pills to get a kid with some mental issues to distract the news cycle. Prepare for more.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

636 members (01Foreman400, 10ring1, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 73 invisible), 3,017 guests, and 1,195 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,259
Posts18,467,093
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.