Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Why are Public Safety officials and cops constantly getting this wrong??

These devils are not going to the schools to take hostages. They're there to KILL children.

SHRED THEM@!@!

And the teacher who propped the door open should get a public beating in the town square..

LInk to story

By Jack Phillips and Charlotte Cuthbertson May 27, 2022

UVALDE, Texas—Texas Department of Public Safety Director Steve McCraw admitted Friday that it was the “wrong decision” to not engage Texas mass shooter Salvador Ramos sooner.

When asked why police at Robb Elementary didn’t act quicker, McCraw told reporters at a news conference that “the on-scene commander at the time believed that it had transitioned from an active shooter to a barricaded subject.”

“A decision was made on the scene—I wasn’t there—that this was a barricaded subject situation, there was time to retrieve the keys and wait for a tactical team with the equipment to go ahead and breach the door and take on the subject,” he said. “At that point, that was the decision, that was the thought process.”

McCraw said that in hindsight, “it was not the right decision, it was a wrong decision, very, there was no excuse for that,” referring to the lack of engaging Ramos sooner. “I wasn’t there but I’m just telling you from what we know, that we believe there should have been an entry as soon as you can,” he said.

Ultimately, to enter the Robb Elementary classroom, officers used a key provided by a janitor, the agency director revealed. Ramos also fired approximately 100 rounds during the entire incident, McCraw added, noting that the finding was based on audio evidence.

In the Tuesday incident, Ramos killed 19 children and two adults in the worst U.S. school mass shooting in a decade. Authorities said that the teen, who recently turned 18, did not display signs of mental health problems although he was described as a loner who had problems in school.

Ramos also entered Robb Elementary School in Uvalde through a door that was propped open by a teacher just minutes before, McCraw added. McCraw said that there was also no school resource officer at the school, and he could not say why. The officer, he said, later responded when someone called 911.

Before Ramos entered the building, the officer inadvertently drove past the suspect, who was hiding behind a car. The officer instead confronted a teacher who he believed was the suspect, McCraw told reporters.

At around 11:27 a.m. Tuesday, the teacher propped open the door at Robb Elementary, coming about 1 minute before Ramos crashed his vehicle nearby, McCraw said. The same teacher about two minutes later at 11:30 a.m. reported the crash and a male with a gun, although it’s not clear why the teacher didn’t close the door.

McCraw did not provide more details on why the door was propped open in the first place or why the school resource officer confronted a teacher.

Gemma Lopez, a 10-year-old survivor of the attack, said that she heard Ramos say “leave me alone please” to law enforcement who responded to the shooting.

Lopez told ABC News that she turned off the light to her classroom after a “bullet came through the wall.”

Later, the girl said, “I heard the officers yelling at the shooter … to put the firearm down, and then the shooter said ‘leave me alone please’ and then he started shooting.”

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Get off your fugking asses and go get those kids!!!

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Just kill the SOB at the first opportunity.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Exactly. Why all the brain salad?

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
“the on-scene commander at the time believed that it had transitioned from an active shooter to a barricaded subject.” IOW “fuq it, they prolly all daid”. The assumption that there are no wounded is BS.

Cops have been trained to not be heroes, to get home safe at night.

Be a fuqqing hero.

IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Can't believe this. What dipchit thought this was going to be a hostage situation.....

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Broward County all over again.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Is a School Resource Officer in Texas armed or unarmed?

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Listening to that press conference yesterday, I was getting pissed. They could have saved some. Christ, they were getting 911 calls saying people were still alive.

Even if 1 kid was still alive, they should have breached

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Is a School Resource Officer in Texas armed or unarmed?

They are commissioned to carry. They are just like any other cop in legal respects.

But often, they end up being school cops because it's the only option they have. They usually are kinda like mall cops... Can't cut it in the big boy departments.

The biggest mistake early on was making that school cop the "incident commander".

That's like appointing a little league coach to manage the world series. frown WAY above his pay grade, and now the aftermath of the decisions that school cop police chief made will last forever.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Later, the girl said, “I heard the officers yelling at the shooter … to put the firearm down, and then the shooter said ‘leave me alone please’ and then he started shooting.”

Dear God in heaven. Cops with side arms and murderer with an AR and they give him the first shot in a school full of children. This has to be Liberal Onset Syndrome. Don’t they even shine a light in one ear before giving these fools a badge? If the light hits the wall on the other side………and the School Police Buffoon needs a public beating. Talk about too many layers of management.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
What a clusterfuuuuck.....

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
One problem is that they have interposed psychologists between potential cops and the various departments. These psychologists weed out many traits associated with heroism, i.e., such traits are identified as toxic masculinity or some such, and the applicant is denied for that reason, so you get forces of cops who either are real men capable of deceiving said psychologists or men least likely to engage in heroism on the job.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
And the nation is full of social program, affirmative action hires. It's not going to get better, until people start realizing that maybe having a queer woman meter maid as chief of police isn't the way to go.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
If the school Police “ Incident Commander “ has any integrity left he will eat a bullet soon. I do not know how you could live with that . If it was one of my kids, I know he would. I honestly don’t know how any of the police at the scene could live with themselves , doing nothing while those shots were fired in that school. I cannot get my head around it.
I have lots of friends that are Law enforcement and I don’t know any who wouldn’t lay down their life for little kids like these. I’m sickened by this

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Offer the teacher who propped a rock in the door to keep it open a pistol with one bullet.
Offer the school chief of police or whatever his title is the same.
And the SRO out getting lunch or whatever the fuuuck he was doing elsewhere the same.

About their best option..... IMO...

Or they can live everyday the rest of their miserable existence knowing they played a part in the events.

Kids and teachers are dead.
Killer is dead.
Nothing is gonna change that...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No idea what the Uvalde school facilities are like or the resource officer assignment.

We have three schools, the middle and high schools are about 400 yards
apart at the closest corners, on the south edge of town. The elementary is north of town, probably 1 1/2 miles from the others.

We have one officer, he decides where to be, tries to be at every school everyday on a random basis.

Can't afford three. (Well, maybe from the football/wrestling/soccer budget)

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Does not paint a good picture of law enforcement in Uvalde. Any one of them restraining those parents from going in and getting their kids deserves a bullet behind the ear.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Does not paint a good picture of law enforcement in Uvalde. Any one of them restraining those parents from going in and getting their kids deserves a bullet behind the ear.

Yep. Won't happen though. They are agents of the government, protected by media and professional liars and lawyers.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
At least all of the cops made it home safe.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

248 members (12344mag, 1lessdog, 257 mag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 280ACKIMP, 33 invisible), 1,289 guests, and 1,040 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,225
Posts18,447,550
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.