24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Do they work. Just had a close call and with grandkids and a new puppy want to keep them at bay

GB2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
moth balls spread around the out side of the house & the yard

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Don't do the moth balls if you have pets. Neighbor put them out, and almost killed my puppy.

Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
I was worried about moth balls. But I may stick them in areas my pup can not get to

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
King snakes

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have used a good many mothballs for a lot of things over the course of a number of years, and have yet to have a problem. They keep deer out of places where they don't need to be, and have worked pretty well in the garden when the deer decided to eat my strawberries and sweet corn. I've also used them when I had a dog that wanted to dig holes under the shrubbery next to the house. A couple of mothballs in the hole would keep her away. I've never had an animal attempt to eat one, at least that I'm aware of.

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Moth balls and sulfur is what the blacks around here swear by. I use moth balls to try and keep the squirrels, mice and other varmints out of my stuff, and have had no pet problems that I'm aware of.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Yoder409

I've seen lots of bad CCI shotshell handgun rounds in the last couple of years.

I had a 38spl loaded with those and it failed numerous times when needed. It would fire one round, and the other rounds would push the shot casing out the front of the cylinder, preventing it from being fired again, or even being opened.

The only way to un-jam the revolver was to force the cylinder open by breaking off the blue casing and spilling shot everywhere.

My brother's 9mm had one come apart before chambering and shot went all in the pistol, jamming it to the point he had to take it a friend for disassembly it was messed up so bad.

I've not had issues with the rimfire CCI's, and just use them now. They'll kill a snake or other critters fine.

I keep a Ruger Wrangler loaded with them in the shop.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Yoder409

I've seen lots of bad CCI shotshell handgun rounds in the last couple of years.

I had a 38spl loaded with those and it failed numerous times when needed. It would fire one round, and the other rounds would push the shot casing out the front of the cylinder, preventing it from being fired again, or even being opened.

The only way to un-jam the revolver was to force the cylinder open by breaking off the blue casing and spilling shot everywhere.

My brother's 9mm had one come apart before chambering and shot went all in the pistol, jamming it to the point he had to take it a friend for disassembly it was messed up so bad.

I've not had issues with the rimfire CCI's, and just use them now. They'll kill a snake or other critters fine.

I keep a Ruger Wrangler loaded with them in the shop.

Yeah............ The pic was more of an idea than a fact. Kinda like.......it was there.......and it fit my narrative, so I'd use it. Sorta like the democrats do.

I actually load my own using the Speer capsules. .38 Spl, .357 Mag, .44 XL, .44 Spl and .44 Mag. #9 shot seems to fit the bill well. A drop of super glue to hold the white plug in the capsule and another drop to keep the capsule from "walking and locking" seems to work just peachy.

How you liking that Wrangler ?? I've been tempted many times but never gave in yet.

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I like both my Wranglers.

Bought the first one for a snake gun in the shop, and decided to get another to keep handy at the house.

Shoots regular ammo good too. Loading gate on my second one is stiff. Other than that, quality firearm for the price.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I use the Federal 22lr rat shot. They are crimped at the end of the case, don't have the plastic dome. They don't hold as many shot, by weight, but I believe they pattern better. I know that I kill more of the wood boring bees with them. And, they work on snakes, too.

Good thing about the King Snakes..... there on the job 24/7 and you don't have to replenish them.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Your pet snake is leaking…

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley
Your pet snake is leaking…

I've made like 3 more copperheads and one coral snake leak in the past week or so here, too!

One of 'em had a big ol' lizard in it's mouth that it killed.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Barry, looks like you're on a roll. I haven't seen a snake in a month or more, around my place.

Working a car wreck Friday and a man living close by said he killed 2 copperheads and a rattlesnake in his yard, last week.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
697 members (160user, 12344mag, 12308300, 17CalFan, 16Racing, 1234, 65 invisible), 2,729 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,621
Posts18,398,558
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.