Hop To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by steve4102
At least all of the cops made it home safe.

Probably gonna "investigate" themselves and put themselves on paid leave while they do it. Poor misunderstood union pension sponges.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Does not paint a good picture of law enforcement in Uvalde. Any one of them restraining those parents from going in and getting their kids deserves a bullet behind the ear.

There was a complete system failure there.

I waited until they had the preliminary investigation done before I formed an opinion. Now I know.

Cowardice and ignorance.

Uvalde County probably had 150 law enforcement officers in the county at the time of the shooting. Police Dept, Sheriff's Dept., School Police Dept., Border Patrol... both stationed there, and temporarily assigned there, Texas DPS, and those assigned to the task force for illegals....

Of ALL of those cops in the county, they picked the absolute WORST and least qualified one to be the "Incident Commander".... simply because he was the chief school cop, and the school was "his jurisdiction".

That chit needs to change, and change now! mad

You don't drive a nail with a banana. You drive it with a hammer.

mad

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Originally Posted by steve4102
At least all of the cops made it home safe.

Probably gonna "investigate" themselves and put themselves on paid leave while they do it. Poor misunderstood union pension sponges.

The Texas Rangers are heading up the investigation.

They were not involved in the incident, and it appears they have no problem calling a spade a spade. It may leave a bad taste in their mouths getting to the bottom of this, but we ALL have a bad taste in our mouths after this.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Barry, Cant the Incident Commander's decision be challenged by someone like DPS or the sheriff's dept? Just cant understand how all those officers could stand around and not question the decision to stand down

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We can only hope that having a seat on the Uvalde City Council will put him in position to pursue having the schools Chief of Police fired.

[Linked Image from i.dailymail.co.uk]
Police chief who delayed tactical response to shooting that killed 21 people will join Uvalde City Council

Arredondo was elected to the Uvalde City Council three weeks ago, earning nearly 70% of the vote, according to the Uvalde Leader-News. LINK

Though the Uvalde Police Department has since changed its story about what happened during the shooting at least 12 times, a Friday statement by Director of Texas Department of Public Safety Steven McCraw indicated Arredondo's orders delayed police response during the incident.  

McCraw said Friday that Arredondo, who oversees the six-officer police force in eight schools as the Chief of Police for the Uvalde Consolidated Independent School District, believed the gunman had "barricaded" himself in a classroom and "there were no more children at risk," and ordered officers not to engage the suspect. 

Meanwhile, the gunman continued firing on a 4th grade classroom, ultimately killing two teachers and 19 students and wounding 17 others. 

"Of course it was not the right decision," McCraw added. "It was the wrong decision. There is no excuse for that."

The Uvalde Consolidated Independent School District did not immediately return Insider's request for comment.

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by stikshooter
Barry, Cant the Incident Commander's decision be challenged by someone like DPS or the sheriff's dept? Just cant understand how all those officers could stand around and not question the decision to stand down

It absolutely SHOULD have been challenged.

Jurisdiction and chain of command are generally not things you can tweak much. But changes need to be made.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Political hack with zero clue. Describes most LE leadership.

The press is having a field day with this because now the story is about those evil cops, instead of about the psychotic cross dressing leftist that murdered children.

P.s. if you live in podunk you might have barney fife show up....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by akasparky
We can only hope that having a seat on the Uvalde City Council will put him in position to pursue having the schools Chief of Police fired.

Dude.

Arredondo IS THE SCHOOL POLICE CHIEF.

You know... The very one who screwed the pooch.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Does not paint a good picture of law enforcement in Uvalde. Any one of them restraining those parents from going in and getting their kids deserves a bullet behind the ear.

There was a complete system failure there.

I waited until they had the preliminary investigation done before I formed an opinion. Now I know.

Cowardice and ignorance.

Uvalde County probably had 150 law enforcement officers in the county at the time of the shooting. Police Dept, Sheriff's Dept., School Police Dept., Border Patrol... both stationed there, and temporarily assigned there, Texas DPS, and those assigned to the task force for illegals....

Of ALL of those cops in the county, they picked the absolute WORST and least qualified one to be the "Incident Commander".... simply because he was the chief school cop, and the school was "his jurisdiction".

That chit needs to change, and change now! mad

You don't drive a nail with a banana. You drive it with a hammer.

mad
This.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
So so sad that this was even aloud to happen.

IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
If he doesn't resign from the force and from the City Council, I predict tough sledding ahead for Arredondo. And probably regardless. He may just smoke his pistol.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by GrouseChaser
If he doesn't resign from the force and from the City Council, I predict tough sledding ahead for Arredondo. And probably regardless. He may just smoke his pistol.

He better do more than that.

He better move. Far away, and change his name. sick

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by akasparky

Dude.

Arredondo IS THE SCHOOL POLICE CHIEF.

You know... The very one who screwed the pooch.

fa·ce·tious

/fəˈsēSHəs/

adjective

treating serious issues with deliberately inappropriate humor; flippant.

"a facetious remark"

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by crittrgittr
So so sad that this was even aloud to happen.
Sad that it was allowed to happen, for sure.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by GrouseChaser

He better do more than that.

He better move. Far away, and change his name. sick

Every cop that followed his orders should be forced to do the same.

This “following orders “ schit needs to stop.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I just read that the front door to the school was propped open! Not closed or locked! Any one could have just walked in!

WHY?

If true, there appears to be much to improve in the city.

CRS, NRA Benefactor Life Member, Whittington Center, TSRA, DWWC, DRSS
Android Reloading Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
I agree that it takes away it takes away the focus from the fact that someone could have seen this coming and Did something about it . Whack job didn’t dream this up overnight.
I do live in A Podunk place , 10,000 people in the whole county . Our Sherrifs department and deputies are solid , town cops no. Even out here in the middle of nowhere we’ve had serious [bleep] go down and LE has always stepped up

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
What happened to their Active Shooter Training?

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by crshelton
I just read that the front door to the school was propped open! Not closed or locked! Any one could have just walked in!

WHY?

If true, there appears to be much to improve in the city.
I believe it was a back door to a classroom. Sadly, this sort of thing is common in public schools. After the bell rings for next period, kids for next period often show up at the back door to the classroom instead of the door to the hallway, and many teachers (rather than assign a student to stand there, look through the window to verify it's a student, and open it every time someone knocks) will just leave it slightly ajar till everyone has arrived, then close it all the way once the period has started. I wonder if this is what happened.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
If policy was for that door to be closed and can only be opened from inside, that Teacher should be charged.

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (1eyedmule, 007FJ, 270winchester, 22250rem, 12344mag, 270wsmnutt, 49 invisible), 2,203 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,241
Posts18,466,784
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.