Print Thread
Hop To
G
g5m Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
This is the latest Harry Bosch/Renee Ballard book by Connelly. Ballard is a detective with the LAPD who likes working at night, She's a bit of a loner but will ask for assistance when she thinks she needs it. She trusts some of her colleagues but not all, and is well justified in that. There are two plots in this book. One, an apparent simple New Year's Eve accident, that isn't. And a pair of serial team rapists who are brutal.

As expected with Connelly's books there are twists and turns as information is revealed. It's a very good book and well worth the time.

Retired cat herder.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It's downloading now,,,my favorite series!!!

I tend to use more than enough gun
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Excellent,, one of his best yet. Ballard is as tough as they come!!

I tend to use more than enough gun
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I enjoyed the early Connelly books very much, where he ignored politics and current events, but the last couple I have read have taken the shine off his writing for me. Dark Hours (Renee Ballard), The Law of Innocence (Lincoln Lawyer Micky Haller) have got a lot of references to Connelly's personal politics... from total Covtard panic reaction (masking panic to vaccine distribution priorities), to lengthy remarks on the "unthinkable insurrection'' in Wash DC and how horrible that is, questioning a Presidential election. I am not one of these guys that goes nuts boycotting anything or anybody I disagree with, but it sounds like Connelly has bought in to the Dem narrative pretty deeply. But I suppose if you want to hang with the in crowd in Hollywood and sell screenplays, you gotta talk the talk.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
+1, Connelly's a good writer but he's not only bought into the Dem narrative now he's part of it.

Last edited by 43Shooter; 05/28/22.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
As Connelly has his characters in The Dark Hours excoriating the "conservatives" and their "insurrection" in D.C., does he bother to offer any criticism of ANTIFA and BLM mobs burning down cities, attacking people, destroying businesses, looting and raping?? Or is it the usual left liberal hypocrisy?

Just wondering.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
G
g5m Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
As Connelly has his characters in The Dark Hours excoriating the "conservatives" and their "insurrection" in D.C., does he bother to offer any criticism of ANTIFA and BLM mobs burning down cities, attacking people, destroying businesses, looting and raping?? Or is it the usual left liberal hypocrisy?

Just wondering.

L.W.

Usual stuff.

Retired cat herder.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I have been a fan of Connelly's writing for many years. However, his leftist politics have become apparent lately. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

NRA Endowment Life Member, G.O.A supporter

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (1234, 1eyedmule, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 57 invisible), 2,386 guests, and 1,287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,554
Posts18,453,642
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.