Page 1 of 2 1 2
#17055029 03/12/22
D
DrDeath Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Anyone have a CZ 600? Looking at the 600 lux but wanted some feedback on the gun? They any good? Any issues?

https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-600-lux/

GB1

D
DrDeath Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Too new?

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
It was pure blasphemy replacing the 527 with the 600. Many of us aren’t ready to forgive CZ yet.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/16965856/cz-600#Post16965856

I like the 527…..from an aesthetics and nostalgia standpoint…..but the 600 probably improves upon functionality and usefulness in many areas for many folks.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by hh4whiskey
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/16965856/cz-600#Post16965856

I like the 527…..from an aesthetics and nostalgia standpoint…..but the 600 probably improves upon functionality and usefulness in many areas for many folks.

Maybe the primates who couldn't figure out the safety of the 527 will be happy, but I'm not happy about the 527 being replaced.

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I'm not interested in anything CZ makes now. Love their older stuff

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I like the fast twist in some of the chamberings, and am curious about the max COAL each magazine size can accommodate.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Was kinda interested in a .223 Lux until I saw they were 1-9, not an improvement for me.

First saw the new ones when I stumbled onto the Euro site instead of the cz-usa one. Took a while before the US site caught up. Seemed clear they wanted to bring out a new rifle family, but didn’t want to expand to do it. Perhaps the old machinery was wearing out. At any rate, we’re only part of their market, and not everyone is hung up on CRF and other stuff we like. Europeans like multi-caliber rifles because of their rules on how many guns may be owned. The announcement stressed that old models were still available in the supply chain. Maybe.

I’m all rifled up, so not shopping for anything new, improved or not. I am a big fan of the new rimfire line, after having several of the old ones as well. Their 75-series handguns are my very favorite as well, based on the two I’ve owned, which worked flawlessly, and fit my hand very well.

What fresh Hell is this?
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
It was pure blasphemy replacing the 527 with the 600. Many of us aren’t ready to forgive CZ yet.

Exactly. One of my buddies is pissed. He had been wanting to buy a 527 for quite a while, but waited too long and prices skyrocketed when the 600 came out. I told him live and learn. ha ha.. I think he paid a $300 premium over what they were selling for last year..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
I’m amazed at the uptick in value of my 550 American

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Charlie16ga

I let a 550 in 6.5x55 get away maybe 4 years ago due to bad decision making. Still regret that trade.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by shootem

I let a 550 in 6.5x55 get away maybe 4 years ago due to bad decision making. Still regret that trade.

I have a 550 Full stock in 6.5x55 that won't be going anywhere

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by blairvt
Originally Posted by shootem

I have a 550 Full stock in 6.5x55 that won't be going anywhere

I like you less.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Well, since they’ve recalled them all, to remove the interchangeable barrel feature, they’ve lost the allure for my purposes with that particular gun. They still have a better magwell than many (in the mini version), but Howa is about the only game in town there, it seems.

They should have kept the others (527/550) in production. At least they’d have something folks wanted, even if for differing reasons.

Last edited by hh4whiskey; 05/28/22.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Bought a cz550 American a month ago used but like new. 9.3 x 62 chambered rifles don't grow on trees I was very happy to get it. It's a heavier rifle but in this cartridge that is welcome..mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Funny about that recall. Was in an LGS Wednesday and the two they’ve had for a couple of months or more are still there, and the counter guy hadn’t heard or seen anything about sending them back. Also, I’ve seen a couple of articles that mention the problem and the recall, and given the lag time in publishing, I’m beginning to think they knew about this well before the announcement. Might explain why no barrels or bolt parts were available when the rifles shipped. Another puzzle is that the Euro site says they’ll swap barrels for you if you send them in, but nothing here as yet, last I looked anyway.

The Lux is still a nice rifle at a decent price for someone looking for walnut, and maybe something a bit different, but certainly not as compelling as before.

What fresh Hell is this?
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Do any of you guys that have a cz 600 alpha in 223 know how long of a round you can fit in the mag box? Given that they're 7 twist it would be cool if you could seat out to at least 2.45" or so for things like 88g elds. Given they got the twist right odds are the mag box is only 2.26 like a pmag. Can't expect them to get 2 things right on 1 gun. If they have short mag boxes they should have just went ar mag like the trail.

If they had a 7 twist 20ish" option with a 2.5ish" mag box I'd be happy to give them my money. Even though they don't do stainless I believe they are nitride.

The 600 looks like a potential platform for the 6 arc and 22 arc. The 7.62x39 with a threaded 18" looks worth a try too.

Bb

Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Funny about that recall. Was in an LGS Wednesday and the two they’ve had for a couple of months or more are still there, and the counter guy hadn’t heard or seen anything about sending them back. Also, I’ve seen a couple of articles that mention the problem and the recall, and given the lag time in publishing, I’m beginning to think they knew about this well before the announcement. Might explain why no barrels or bolt parts were available when the rifles shipped. Another puzzle is that the Euro site says they’ll swap barrels for you if you send them in, but nothing here as yet, last I looked anyway.

The Lux is still a nice rifle at a decent price for someone looking for walnut, and maybe something a bit different, but certainly not as compelling as before.

A lot of the first .223s in the 600 LUX came out already as planned and weren't subject to the recall...probably why your LGS never got notice.

I bought one, heard about the recall, contacted them with my serial # and they said I was good to go...it didnt apply to mine.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Picked up the CZ 600 Alpha -- very industrial feeling - largest bolt knob (which sticks straight out) on any of my rifles and also the thinnest trigger. After seeing the cost of an extra magazine, $65, i'm just going to lock the magazine in place and top load the rifle.
Trigger adjusts from 1.3 ish lbs to 3 lbs with a supplied allen wrench (no disassembly required). The bolt has a little bounce when you extract as far back as you can -- haven't seen that before. Need to save my Cabela's points up for a nice milrad scope to put on it. So far i'm happy with the rifle purchase. Can't wait to see what kind of accuracy it is capable of.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by rollerroll56
Picked up the CZ 600 Alpha -- very industrial feeling - largest bolt knob (which sticks straight out) on any of my rifles and also the thinnest trigger. After seeing the cost of an extra magazine, $65, i'm just going to lock the magazine in place and top load the rifle.
Trigger adjusts from 1.3 ish lbs to 3 lbs with a supplied allen wrench (no disassembly required). The bolt has a little bounce when you extract as far back as you can -- haven't seen that before. Need to save my Cabela's points up for a nice milrad scope to put on it. So far i'm happy with the rifle purchase. Can't wait to see what kind of accuracy it is capable of.

The mags are around $26 on the CZ webstore now. I have a 600 coming and I grabbed up a couple extra mags from the site. I think I will like the mechanics of the gun, but not the looks. Industrial is the right description. I am planning on using it as my hard use gun. The 600 is getting good reviews as far as how it shoots.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

610 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 16penny, 1337Fungi, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 60 invisible), 3,335 guests, and 1,121 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,304
Posts18,468,097
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.