Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Stray
The cops in the school, holding the hallway, were in a no-win situation: if they defied orders to contain and charged in and kids got killed, they'd be crucified for not holding and waiting for a "real" entry team to make entry. If they held, as they did, kids got killed. If they threw in flash bangs and the shooter went berserk, they'd be criticized for not being patient and re-escalating what they might have seen as a hostage situation. (I can hear my old command..."What the hell was wrong with you? You just initiated action without orders and kids died. How many kids died from friendly fire?") The protocol of going to the shots worked except the shooter survived the initial confrontation and was able to hole up (thanks, Captain Obvious) but at least he wasn't free to roam the entire school, al la Columbine and others.

One of the commanders was explaining the delay, saying that "If unprepared officers charged in, thee bad guy could shoot them, and then grab up the dead cop's weapons. He would also grab up a police radio and then he could listen in to our plans."

You can always make up an excuse for inaction.

BP-B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Originally Posted by steve4102
At least all of the cops made it home safe.

Probably gonna "investigate" themselves and put themselves on paid leave while they do it. Poor misunderstood union pension sponges.

The Texas Rangers are heading up the investigation.

They were not involved in the incident, and it appears they have no problem calling a spade a spade. It may leave a bad taste in their mouths getting to the bottom of this, but we ALL have a bad taste in our mouths after this.

Good. We need to fix this broken system asap

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Though the Uvalde Police Department has since changed its story about what happened during the shooting at least 12 times, a Friday statement by Director of Texas Department of Public Safety Steven McCraw indicated Arredondo's orders delayed police response during the incident.  

McCraw said Friday that Arredondo, who oversees the six-officer police force in eight schools as the Chief of Police for the Uvalde Consolidated Independent School District,

Seven SROs total (including the Chief) to cover eight schools. Prob’ly the one high school was where the most enforcement was ordinarily needed.

Turns out that first responding SRO was prob’ly doing exactly what he was supposed to do, could not just stay on one campus.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Often the case is: a better qualified person is overlooked or not elected because they aren't Hispanic.

Not trying to have this mean any racial disrespect, but it's a thing.

In many of these counties, you probably won't get elected or hired if you aren't Hispanic.

Just the way it is.

I will say that in a place like Uvalde it’s an advantage when applying you are fluently bilingual.

But yeah, nepotism in these places is also huge too. In fact eons ago, when I was pondering where to teach, I was specifically warned about Uvalde by someone who had worked there.

Gotta say though, that was also true to varying extents in small towns across Texas.
It's true across the country and the rest of the planet.

How many ever filled out a job application with these 2 questions.

Do you have a relative or friend who works here?
If so who?

You know that is a indicator you aint gonna get hired no matter what your quals are more than likely.

Little Johnny fresh outta high school whose unca or daddy works their is the shoe in.

Local .gov is full of that nation wide let alone the private sector.

It's a part of the incompetence and laziness in the workforce nationwide.
Little Johnny is protected.
He knows it and works it.
Others he works with know it and have to deal with it.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
"Another sad little secret....most SRO's are worthless old phuggs that are their to ride out their last couple of years. They usually pawn off actual police work to actual cops.

Just think of the old boomer at your job that won't retire.....that's your avg. SRO."

Jackson Handy you are correct. Young badass cops want to be on the SWAT team, they want action. Imagine how boring it would be as a school resource officer.

Another boomer hating dumbass. The SRO at the school 300 ft from my house is about 40-42. The alternate is roughly the same age. I know them both. Heard they are no longer directly attached to po-po dept. Completely separate entity.

PS- there aren't many young badass cops. I know a few. Most are ball-less unless in numbers and are there for the pinchin and "going home tonight".

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Despicable. Above all cover your ass. Damn the victims.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
The elephant in the room that won’t be addressed; a particular group there whether racial, ethnic, or social carries with it a lack of personal responsibility and a sheer lack of compassion for others. God help us, that is taking over our nation.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by steve4102
If policy was for that door to be closed and can only be opened from inside, that Teacher should be charged.
What is that teacher's name? Why was she outside to begin with?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Texas DPS Lt. Chris Olivarez shocked the nation Thursday when he explained that the cops did not enter because they may have been shot.

There you have it folks, that’s all you need to know as to “Why”.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/texas-dps-criticism-officers-could-have-been-shot

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tyrone
I'm as ignorant as the day is long about this stuff, but wouldn't you sneak a couple guys up to the classroom windows to play peek-a-boo with the help of observers and maybe some flash bangs? Maybe while you got a couple more guys busting down the inside door? They have radios to coordinate this stuff.
See the diagram here:
https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/texas-police-response-reaction-1.6469540
This is what I've wondered from the beginning. They knew what room he was in. Why not use a window to smoke him out with a combo of flash bang and gas? In any case he would have killed himself, been disabled, or exited the room into the hall where his welcoming party waited.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Gas! There you go!

Politics is War by Other Means
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by Tyrone
I'm as ignorant as the day is long about this stuff, but wouldn't you sneak a couple guys up to the classroom windows to play peek-a-boo with the help of observers and maybe some flash bangs? Maybe while you got a couple more guys busting down the inside door? They have radios to coordinate this stuff.
See the diagram here:
https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/texas-police-response-reaction-1.6469540
This is what I've wondered from the beginning. They knew what room he was in. Why not use a window to smoke him out with a combo of flash bang and gas? In any case he would have killed himself, been disabled, or exited the room into the hall where his welcoming party waited.
As Lt Olivarez explained, they were afraid of getting shot.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Someone already said it. The whole crew needs to go. School board, teacher leaving the door open, LEO, everybody. That community will otherwise never heal and will carry that hate for those entities forward for decades.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Our high school has a deputy that’s assigned as the SRO for that campus. He’s about my age, has years on the force, is a father to several children that also attend the local schools and most importantly he’s respected and liked by the students. He’s the kind of old school guy that instead of ruining a kids life and making a federal case out of a minor infraction he’s more likely to pour their beer out and give them a ride home. Recently some little wetback kid brought a handgun to school and was showing it off to some kids. The SRO took care of the situation and the wetback was expelled without incident. A week or two later he was talking to some parents about the incident and he called the wetback a dumb ass. That comment was offensive to one of the Karen bitches so she complained, made a big stink and got the SRO fired as an SRO and put back on patrol. Hundreds and hundreds of students and parents were angry at the woke bullshit firing so they staged a peaceful walkout at the school. They told the administration that they’ll walkout every single day until he’s brought back. After the first day of students walking out of school the administration capitulated and brought him back as SRO. I was pleased and proud that my little town had the balls to stand up for what was right and they didn’t give in to the Karen’s and their progressive bullshit.

The little wetback that brought the gun to school was a dumbass and deserved whatever shame that he brought on himself and the SRO should NOT have been fired. He’s the type of cop that I’d expect to rush the cowardly murderer and since he’s a part of the community and coaches football and other sports for his kids he knows us dad’s. If something like Uvalde happens here I believe the outcome, or at least the response from the first on scene, would be drastically different. Around here I’d expect some of the dads would go in with the SRO and I’d also expect that there’d be nothing but cooperation between the SRO and first on scene whether it’s a couple of dad’s or a mutual aid response. I sincerely hope and pray that my theory is never tested but if it should happen I hope that our response would be swift and effective.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Too many questions and not enough answers. The kid apparently had never owned a weapon before. I suppose out of 100 rounds fired the body count is low but still?? The propped open door? who? Why? Was it someone outside smoking? If so why didn't the shooter get challenged? Keystone cops. officer in charge makes the opposite call and everyone follows blindly for an hour while the kids are being systematically murdered?

I can understand possibly the home town cop that's never fired his pistol at anyone being out of the loop but jeez DPS and other agency types were on scene. There really needs to be some people pay a price for this. That should go on up the line. The poor kids paid the ultimate price for a lot of people's stupidity. I feel awful for those poor parents that'll never see their kids again and those kids that had to endure what must've been the worst horror anyone could imagine.

It's happened before and it will happen again, it's just a matter of where and when. Could be worse could be better but with today's lack of responsibility and victim mentality it is becoming more frequent. Being bullied by other students doesn't make sense. The sad fact is too many kids are raised by someone other than their parents. Too many adults cannot or will not take responsibility for their children. Hollywood glorifies murder and mayhem; all the gory details. Our government officials especially democrats make everyone a victim and make excuses for bad behavior. It's ok for antifa to murder innocents but when one of them gets burnt it's hell to pay. Instead of gun control we need government control.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Someone already said it. The whole crew needs to go. School board, teacher leaving the door open, LEO, everybody. That community will otherwise never heal and will carry that hate for those entities forward for decades.

Firing ain't enough for some of them.

Besides the public humiliation, those who contributed to the death count by either negligence or cowardice need to be held accountable.

Other people in the same positions in other towns and places need to pay attention. Everyone needs to learn not only what to do in this instance, but what not to do.

Nothing will bring those kids back. But maybe others can be saved.

Just one simple thing can change the outcome. Imagine if the nutjob could not have gained access. Or if the first cops there had gone in with the first 6-7 cops?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Often the case is: a better qualified person is overlooked or not elected because they aren't Hispanic.

Not trying to have this mean any racial disrespect, but it's a thing.

In many of these counties, you probably won't get elected or hired if you aren't Hispanic.

Just the way it is.

I will say that in a place like Uvalde it’s an advantage when applying you are fluently bilingual.

But yeah, nepotism in these places is also huge too. In fact eons ago, when I was pondering where to teach, I was specifically warned about Uvalde by someone who had worked there.

Gotta say though, that was also true to varying extents in small towns across Texas.
It's true across the country and the rest of the planet.

How many ever filled out a job application with these 2 questions.

Do you have a relative or friend who works here?
If so who?

You know that is a indicator you aint gonna get hired no matter what your quals are more than likely.

Little Johnny fresh outta high school whose unca or daddy works their is the shoe in.

Local .gov is full of that nation wide let alone the private sector.

It's a part of the incompetence and laziness in the workforce nationwide.
Little Johnny is protected.
He knows it and works it.
Others he works with know it and have to deal with it.

Yep!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What is the answer to these incidents when (for example) the courts rule that officers had no duty to protect students in the Parkland School Massacre…?

https://www.police1.com/parkland-sc...ring-parkland-shooting-YqL7dneDUphA0ktq/

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by antlers
What is the answer to these incidents when (for example) the courts rule that officers had no duty to protect students in the Parkland School Massacre…?

https://www.police1.com/parkland-sc...ring-parkland-shooting-YqL7dneDUphA0ktq/

Hang all of those Libertard Judges. 😡

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Firing ain't enough for some of them.

Besides the public humiliation, those who contributed to the death count by either negligence or cowardice need to be held accountable.

Other people in the same positions in other towns and places need to pay attention. Everyone needs to learn not only what to do in this instance, but what not to do.

Nothing will bring those kids back. But maybe others can be saved.

Just one simple thing can change the outcome. Imagine if the nutjob could not have gained access. Or if the first cops there had gone in with the first 6-7 cops?

Yep. Firing them is not near enough punishment.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 05/28/22.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
730 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 007FJ, 1234, 66 invisible), 2,960 guests, and 1,230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,763
Posts18,401,397
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.