Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Me

BP-B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Y'all who have seen the movie: Tom is no spring chicken he must be 57 years old. Is the geezer Tom believable as a Top Gun pilot?

79S Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Y'all who have seen the movie: Tom is no spring chicken he must be 57 years old. Is the geezer Tom believable as a Top Gun pilot?

Get 12 dollars out of your penny jar and go watch it.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
yes he is about the same age as me 57-59 ..do they even let 57-59 year olds be fighter pilots in the Air Force ? i thought they had to advace in rank to were they would be in staff not pilots in order to stay in air force ,thats the way it was when i was in the Army 40 years ago

Last edited by rem shooter; 05/28/22.

NRA Life Member
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Crow Hunter: Saw the movie last night with a near full house of other attendees.
Jennifer Connelly looked wonderful! She has always boned me up.
Very much enjoyed the movie and the audience applauded it at the end.
Other than a few slow/awkward/stiff moments in the long beginning ( the movie is 2 hours and 17 minutes long!) I really enjoyed the movie - some really stunning photography.
A few "plot holes" but well worth the $6.50 admission in my opinion.
Took in $61,000,000.00 (sixty one million dollars!) the first day - should be a blockbuster?
I gave it a 91 on a scale of 1 to 100.
Mr. Cruise looked wonderful as well (make-up, dyed hair?).
I recommend seeing it on the big screen.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B2

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by rem shooter
yes he is about the same age as me 57-59 ..do they even let 57-59 year olds be fighter pilots in the Air Force ? i thought they had to advace in rank to were they would be in staff not pilots in order to stay in air force ,thats the way it was when i was in the Army 40 years ago

We still have 3 and even 4 stars fly. They're mid to late 50s.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Old school corny, full of plot holes, I give it two thumbs up 👍🏻👍🏻

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Crow Hunter: Saw the movie last night with a near full house of other attendees.
Jennifer Connelly looked wonderful! She has always boned me up.
Very much enjoyed the movie and the audience applauded it at the end.
Other than a few slow/awkward/stiff moments in the long beginning ( the movie is 2 hours and 17 minutes long!) I really enjoyed the movie - some really stunning photography.
A few "plot holes" but well worth the $6.50 admission in my opinion.
Took in $61,000,000.00 (sixty one million dollars!) the first day - should be a blockbuster?
I gave it a 91 on a scale of 1 to 100.
Mr. Cruise looked wonderful as well (make-up, dyed hair?).
I recommend seeing it on the big screen.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Interesting verbiage.

MAGA
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
What part?

That Tom looked "wonderful"?

What's a verb anyway?

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
What part?

That Tom looked "wonderful"?

What's a verb anyway?

I had to look up a fancy word to throw in a post today.

Hold into the jet fumes!

MAGA
IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Sheesh!

I am MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Double Sheesh!

Let’s get boned up.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S
Nah.

Take a shower, change your underwear and load the kids up in the 'burb and take them to see this movie! You owe it to them!

We don't have any nice clothes!

Would the kids like it? Any sex or cussin?

No believe it or not no sex scenes and no real cussing I remember. just damn good entertaining movie! Like I said what kid wouldn't want to be a naval aviator after watching this movie.
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S
Nah.

Take a shower, change your underwear and load the kids up in the 'burb and take them to see this movie! You owe it to them!

We don't have any nice clothes!

Would the kids like it? Any sex or cussin?

No believe it or not no sex scenes and no real cussing I remember. just damn good entertaining movie! Like I said what kid wouldn't want to be a naval aviator after watching this movie.
Big Jim, just tell the kids it does. They won't care afterwards. wink

"You've been here longer than the State of Alaska is old!"
*** my Grandaughters

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Some times one needs see sumptin twice to Act? smile

(Damn slow intranet...)

"You've been here longer than the State of Alaska is old!"
*** my Grandaughters

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
Just think of it as a senile director trying to recreate the first film. Copied most of it, but added even more virtually impossible scenarios for shock and awe. If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullschitt.

Should have watched a pirated HD Cam copy and saved the donation to Hollywood. Better F18 videos online.

N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
My wife and I saw it this afternoon and we both enjoyed it. I think non-aviators get a bigger kick out of it ‘cause they won’t know the things that are a “little” bogus.

Filming the faces of the actors under “G” forces gave a little hint at how hard ACM is on the body. At the end of one of the ACM sequences as soon as the fight ends, Maverick rips his mask off. I can’t tell you the number of times I’ve done that. It’s funny because we were breathing 100% oxygen (with older LOX systems) through the mask but it was so relieving to get a couple of deep breaths and not feel like you were sucking out of the mask. I wonder if someone coached him to do that or if it came naturally?

In the original, I think it was “Jester” that that had a patch from my F-14 squadron, VF-33 and my son jumped up and yelled out in the theater, “that’s my daddy’s squadron!” 😊 In this episode one of the characters had a patch from VFA-151 which was VF-151 when I was in it flying F-4s on the Midway. It’s a circular, black patch with a skull on it. My wife saw it first but she didn’t yell about it 😊

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I feel like the F/A-18 just doesn’t have the screen presence as the Tomcat. When you watch the opening scenes if the original Top Gun and The Final Countdown, there is no doubting the F-14 is an awesome fighter. The Tomcat dominates the screen.

It almost looked like the Superhornets in Maverick were “enhanced” to appear more powerful. Especially the afterburners. They just seemed to become obscure.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I thought the Tomcat was the coolest fighter plane ever….I’m sure that the original Top Gun didn’t influence me. 😁

I just told my wife that tomorrow after church we’re going out for dinner and a movie just her and I. We both have been looking forward to its debut. 👍

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wife and I saw it today and it was a very good flik. Some of the flying scenes were unreal.

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
My wife and I saw it yesterday. We both liked it. I’m wondering how it’s doing across the country. We had 6-7 people in the theatre. There were so few I counted.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
639 members (1234, 257 roberts, 1lessdog, 2500HD, 257Bob, 74 invisible), 2,768 guests, and 1,297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,648
Posts18,399,130
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.