Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
Tarquin Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Same concept as the Sauer 202/404 (bolt locks into the barrel breach). Can't say I'm excited by the look, weight or price ($9000.00 . eek) Thoughts?

https://www.gunwerks.com/

Tarquin
GB1

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
1,000 yards out of the box is selling a bunch of fat guys what they want and want to hear. People will practice fishing bowling and golf but just want to know what gun and scope to buy. Well now they know. Just buy this one.

T
Tarquin Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
I'll give the owner of Gunwerks his due (Revic, barrels, stocks, and innovative) but his rifles are 2-3x more than anyone else's. I like the Nexus concept 'cause I love the Sauer 202/404 but the Nexus just strikes me as over-done, trendy and fugly to say nothing of the ridiculous price.

Tarquin
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
After looking at this $9000 rifle it is clear why they are becoming known in the industry as the GUNJERKS wink

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
5K without the scope is right in line with everyone else's prices. They are for sure proud of themselves.

IC B2

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I'm fond of the leather.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
T
Tarquin Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
5K without the scope is right in line with everyone else's prices. They are for sure proud of themselves.

So, the $9k price tag includes the scope? Well, $5000 is more reasonable but still way too much. Component cost: Action: $1500 (generous--- it's milled from aluminum); Barrel: $800; Stock: $1000 (very generous---I can get a much lighter one from Manners and every bit as good, if not better for $600); Assembly: $500; Gives a total price of $3800 with huge profit margin built-in.

Tarquin
T
Tarquin Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Looks like $5375 without the scope and huge mark-up on the scope. They're making bank.

Last edited by Tarquin; 05/29/22.

Tarquin
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Tarquin
Looks like $5375 without the scope and huge mark-up on the scope. They're making bank.

DOn't buy it then.

W
W
I’ve only ever messed with the Gunwerks stocks, but they’re incredible. Hard to explain until you handle one. I like my Magnus stock a lot more than any of my Manners, but I’ve got the new Manners LRH on the way to see how it is. I like the prices on the Manners stocks better but the Gunwerks is definitely a step up in fit/finish and craftmanship.

Last edited by WVHick; 06/03/22.
IC B3

805 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Tarquin
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

So, the $9k price tag includes the scope? Well, $5000 is more reasonable but still way too much. Component cost: Action: $1500 (generous--- it's milled from aluminum); Barrel: $800; Stock: $1000 (very generous---I can get a much lighter one from Manners and every bit as good, if not better for $600); Assembly: $500; Gives a total price of $3800 with huge profit margin built-in.

Trigger, bottom metal adds a bit also.

I agree you can build a rifle for less but Gunwerks has a no niche market and certainly sells a lot of rifles.
Their GRB action is a very good action especially for the price also.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
GW.....nothing but a RIPOFF!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you lived near GW, you'd know how they sucked c8ck to get taxpayers money on a grant and "special loan". Now that they have to payback the loan part, they are suing everybody that can remotely be named in a suit because their business is failing. The truth is coming out about the TV show where a 350 yd shot is sold to the camera as 826 yds.
I will make hell 1* hotter for GW management!! They have and are continuing to screw over the taxpayers of Park County WY

Some is Good---More is Better----Too Much is Just Right
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I can't imagine paying that kind of $ for a GunWerks rifle, I'm building a DIY rifle now (Defiance Tenacity, Proof Carbon pre-fit, Trigger Tech, McMillan stock) for roughly $3k!

T
Tarquin Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by 257Bob
I can't imagine paying that kind of $ for a GunWerks rifle, I'm building a DIY rifle now (Defiance Tenacity, Proof Carbon pre-fit, Trigger Tech, McMillan stock) for roughly $3k!

And it'll be every bit as good as Gunwerks for half the money.

Tarquin
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I got to handle a new Gunwerks Nexus rifle yesterday at my local shop. It was $12,000 with a Kahles scope (the rifle retails for $9009 on their site, no scope). At a distance, I though the rifle was a Springfield Waypoint, it looked about the same. The stock feels cheap to me, would much prefer a McMillan, Manners or AG. The barrel looked like a Proof but I was told it was made by Gunwerks. Gunwerks advertises a quick change barrel but the Zeus Terminus does the same thing for $1500.

From the Gunwerks site: "The result of over 2 years of research and development and massive investment in manufacturing infrastructure & technology, the NEXUS is the first fully vertically integrated rifle system coming out of Gunwerks' state of the art facility in Cody, WY".

I don't see how anyone can take these guys seriously, they are offering nothing different than what has been offered for years (GA Precision comes to mind here). I asked the guys in the shop who would be a customer for this rifle, they said someone with lots of money and wants to shoot 1,000 yards right out of the box. I simply could not find anything to like about the rifle at any price.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Their ClymR stock looks interesting to me. I know nothing about the company but I'd like to fondle one of the ClymR's. I couldn't find a weight range listed for it on their website but I didn't look long either.

Yeah, Defiance has kinda ruined me. I've only used a couple of the anTi's and just received a Tenacity. I'm a fan.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Am going to have to get by with my APR Defiance build......don't have a Ferrari either.......but am sure this fills a niche for the folks with plenty of $$$

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Their ClymR stock looks interesting to me. I know nothing about the company but I'd like to fondle one of the ClymR's. I couldn't find a weight range listed for it on their website but I didn't look long either.

Yeah, Defiance has kinda ruined me. I've only used a couple of the anTi's and just received a Tenacity. I'm a fan.

I have one Tenacity with black nitrate and can't wait to buy another, they make DIY builds very easy.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

I have one Tenacity with black nitrate and can't wait to buy another, they make DIY builds very easy.

Yep. If the barrel vice is set up already it's a couple minute job...only a couple more minutes to set the vice up. Just really, really easy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 1234, 11point, 63 invisible), 3,021 guests, and 1,172 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,340
Posts18,468,711
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.