24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
TBH - I enjoyed the aviation in the first Top Gun much more. TG Maverick is a good movie, IMO, I wanted more from the flying. Bruckheimer said it was a love letter to aviation. More like to facial distortion and Gs, not aviation.

Me

BP-B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slowmover12
My wife and I saw it yesterday. We both liked it. I’m wondering how it’s doing across the country. We had 6-7 people in the theatre. There were so few I counted.

My theater was sold out. It looked like they had it on 3-6 different screens.

Me

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by slowmover12
My wife and I saw it yesterday. We both liked it. I’m wondering how it’s doing across the country. We had 6-7 people in the theatre. There were so few I counted.

My theater was sold out. It looked like they had it on 3-6 different screens.

Saw it, the theater has 10 to 12 screens, and almost half of them were showing Maverick,
We went to the 6 pm show, not sold out but theater was pretty close to full.
almost no masks, people out enjoying them selves, Felt good

Good Movie, I agree a little too much g pulling and faces contours, but enjoyable, clean, worth the price of admission.

Last edited by Hancock27; 05/29/22.

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
It's a movie, all sold out here four days in a row.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by KenMi
Just think of it as a senile director trying to recreate the first film. Copied most of it, but added even more virtually impossible scenarios for shock and awe. If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullschitt.

Should have watched a pirated HD Cam copy and saved the donation to Hollywood. Better F18 videos online.

What? The director is 48 years old.

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Not to post a spoiler but the scene early in the movie with the little boy is a true gem.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Wonder how many saw the movie with a free ticket from this Applebee's promotion?

Free ticket to the new Top Gun sequel -- spend $25 at Applebee's restaurants...

https://www.applebees.com/en/specials/free-movie-tickets

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by joken2
Wonder how many saw the movie with a free ticket from this Applebee's promotion?

Free ticket to the new Top Gun sequel -- spend $25 at Applebee's restaurants...

https://www.applebees.com/en/specials/free-movie-tickets

Thankfully some of us live hours away from such places.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Haven't been to an Applebee's in almost 20 years. Never saw that promotion before either.

Me

O
OGB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by navlav8r
My wife and I saw it this afternoon and we both enjoyed it. I think non-aviators get a bigger kick out of it ‘cause they won’t know the things that are a “little” bogus.

Filming the faces of the actors under “G” forces gave a little hint at how hard ACM is on the body. At the end of one of the ACM sequences as soon as the fight ends, Maverick rips his mask off. I can’t tell you the number of times I’ve done that. It’s funny because we were breathing 100% oxygen (with older LOX systems) through the mask but it was so relieving to get a couple of deep breaths and not feel like you were sucking out of the mask. I wonder if someone coached him to do that or if it came naturally?

In the original, I think it was “Jester” that that had a patch from my F-14 squadron, VF-33 and my son jumped up and yelled out in the theater, “that’s my daddy’s squadron!” 😊 In this episode one of the characters had a patch from VFA-151 which was VF-151 when I was in it flying F-4s on the Midway. It’s a circular, black patch with a skull on it. My wife saw it first but she didn’t yell about it 😊
F-4s? Jeepers you got old balls!
Just kidding.
About any mil movie can be picked apart but it sounds like they got some key details right.
Have always been envious of aviators.

Bore size is no substitute for shot placement and
Power is no substitute for bullet performance. 458WIN
IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Watched the first Top Gun last night because it had been a while. Still a good movie, overall, but it confirmed my personal belief that Kelly McGillis was never a good-looking woman.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by johnw
It's way too easy to pick apart the reality disconnects in a movie, but despite the fact that this show has disconnects on multiple levels it's a pretty entertaining couple of hours. The technical and military stuff in this one takes a distant back seat to the personal relationships of the original top gun cast fast-forwarded 30 or so years.

There's enough of fast planes, motorcycles, and blowing stuff up or shooting down the enemy to help the plot along. I spent $12 to watch it, and I'll likely own it when it becomes available for streaming. High time I bought the original, too.

Val Kilmer, playing the part of Pacific Fleet Commander, died of throat cancer in the movie. Wife told me afterwards that he has, or had throat cancer for real.

For perspective, when the original Top Gun movie was released, The Soviet Union was still our most likely and worthiest enemy. Lotta water under that bridge and this show plays on that concept well.

Val Kilmer had an earlier role as Jim Morrison in the movie," the Doors" ! George Morrison, Jim Morrison's father, was a naval aviator towards the end of WWII and later of extremely high rank in "the Gulf of Tonkin" incident .

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Saw it with girlfriend yesterday afternoon.
A good fun solid entertaining movie.

Dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Me an my wife broke away for a rare date night last night. We REALLY enjoyed the movie.

Todd

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by tjm10025
Watched the first Top Gun last night because it had been a while. Still a good movie, overall, but it confirmed my personal belief that Kelly McGillis was never a good-looking woman.

She had a nice restaurant in Key West. Been there many times. Don't know if she still owns it.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Is she even in this one? I remember her being pretty good looking back in the day. Top Gun and Witness era.

I also remember her being something like half a foot taller than Tom Cruise😂

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
We saw it yesterday. Thoroughly enjoyable and well worth a couple bucks to watch.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I took the girls to see it this morning and it did not disappoint.

Grade-A family film. About 100Xs cleaner and less awkward than what we had to endure next to our parents in the 80's. LOL

If you're a Gen X or older you'll appreciate the throw back style script/plot but if you never knew WTF "Top Gun" was you're still gonna like this movie.

Raging, uptight dick heads need not apply.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Oh, and a lot of you ass holes need to stop posting about the happenings of a newly released movie.

You can recommend or not recommend a movie without discussing what happens in it.

I'm thinking Flave might have to bump his etiquette thread.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by deflave
I took the girls to see it this morning and it did not disappoint.

Grade-A family film. About 100Xs cleaner and less awkward than what we had to endure next to our parents in the 80's. LOL

If you're a Gen X or older you'll appreciate the throw back style script/plot but if you never knew WTF "Top Gun" was you're still gonna like this movie.

Raging, uptight dick heads need not apply.

I am not uptight.

I am MAGA.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
676 members (17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 10ring1, 12308300, 78 invisible), 2,742 guests, and 1,312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,644
Posts18,399,029
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.