Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have never been arrested.

These aren't the droids you're looking for

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
GB1

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
I woke up in jail as much younger man. They told me I pissed on the sidewalk but I don’t recall it happening.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by DANNYL
Originally Posted by cra1948
Originally Posted by mart
In 1977 I was released from 13 years of incarceration at Hermon-DeKalb Central School. Does that count?

You've paid the price. I have a couple grandkids still doing time there.

People with the typical outsider's idea of what New York is like would be flabbergasted to see the part of New York we're from.

Way to many don't even know there is actually a large portion of the state that's not a city.

Does it matter when the city rules the state?

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Been arrested a couple times. Got cuffed and stuffed into a cop car once.

Got to the station. Uncuffed me. Led me and my girlfriend who was also arrested into a room and sat us down to process us.

He wrote out the citation. Asked me if I could pay the bond or spend the...

I never let him finish. I asked if they took checks. When he said yes, I wrote 2 checks immediately. $100 per. I probably was lucky to have $50-60 in my account. Wrote a couple hot checks to avoid the night. Thought I would figure it out later. Was a Friday or Saturday night 275 miles from home. Knew I had a couple days to sort it out when I got home. And I did.

Montana MOFO
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
As far as I know the only time I was in a jail was when I was getting fingerprinted for CCP. That was years ago, now fingerprinting is electronic and the ladies in the front office do the fingerprinting. That first time making that walk to the jail with a deputy was kind of weird.

I was arrested for DUI decades ago but never saw the jail.

Last edited by BuckHaggard; 05/30/22.
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Why were you finger printed by the chinese communist party?

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Originally Posted by NDsnowman
No, I have not. I knew what the price of admission was and I didn't like the looks of the environment either. I'll add that at some point early in life, (probably before I reached the age of 10) I was watching a tv show with my Dad and the plot had something to do with teenagers getting put in jail.

This one, maybe? I watched it as a kid.

No, I seem to remember it was an episode of Happy Days or something like that. I did see Scared Straight later on in high school.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Me! I’ve put a bunch of folks in jail!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
No, I have not. I knew what the price of admission was and I didn't like the looks of the environment either. I'll add that at some point early in life, (probably before I reached the age of 10) I was watching a tv show with my Dad and the plot had something to do with teenagers getting put in jail.

No, I seem to remember it was an episode of Happy Days or something like that. I did see Scared Straight later on in high school.
We had Inmates come to the school and talk to us in elementary school.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
AlwaysOutdoors found his husband in jail.

Lol

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Lol

🦫
Only your ilk “find” men in jail.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by stxhunter

We had Inmates come to the school and talk to us in elementary school.

I had inmate friends get out and tell me it wasn't such a nice place.

I got lucky a few times before I "wised up" (as the old man would put it).

Only time I've been behind those locked doors was visiting folks. Saw Phil Specter once on a visit to a friend's kid.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Lol

🦫
Only your ilk “find” men in jail.

Don’t cry, it’ll be okay.

😂🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Why were you finger printed by the chinese communist party?

It's a long story, but I did sum ting wong.

Last edited by BuckHaggard; 05/30/22.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
smile hahaha

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Did quite a few pickups and deliveries to prison farms in both WY and CO, but never have seen the inside of a jail or prison. I’m good with that. Never arrested, only “minor” run ins with the law, and only one motorcycle confiscated by a judge with no sense of humor… but that was long, long ago in a country far, far away……

Sic Semper Tyrannis
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Harold Reid, Statler Brothers, it's on Youtube. Canada customs.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Probably should have been. My cousin spent enough time in the klink for the rest of the family.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I joined the Navy in 88 and probably made it to VA Beach around late 89 or early 90. It didn't take much for a Sailor to get arrested within the confines of VA Beach. I was once arrested for walking from one bar to the next one less than 50 yds away. Drunk in public. No breathalyzer or sobriety test. Just cuffed and carted off to jail. I was wondering what egregious error I could have made walking 50yds after 2 beers.

Cops would stand in the middle of the strip flagging down any vehicle that had base stickers on them and scour the car and occupants looking for an offense. By my 3rd arrest, my command and myself decided that hanging out at the beach was a bad idea. I left this area and swore I would never come back but I failed to realize that my job only had 2 duty stations, Little Creek and Coronado. I have been here since 99 and still avoid Va Beach like the plague. I try to keep my ass in Chesapeake and only go into VA Beach for emergencies.

Once I was "accepted" at my command, we just picked someones house and piled up there and only went out for "training" at The Ships Wheel occasionally. To be honest, I still despise this area and can't wait to move to WVA or PA this fall.

3 friends and I did do a 2 week stint in a Mexican prison once but not sure if that counts. Apparently they don't like gringos burning down whorehouses down there.

-Piss into the wind.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by las
Originally Posted by cra1948
Originally Posted by mart
In 1977 I was released from 13 years of incarceration at Hermon-DeKalb Central School. Does that count?

You've paid the price. I have a couple grandkids still doing time there.

People with the typical outsider's idea of what New York is like would be flabbergasted to see the part of New York we're from.

Way to many don't even know there is actually a large portion of the state that's not a city.

Does it matter when the city rules the state?

It’s still a beautiful place to be with an abundance of fishing, hunting, and other outdoor recreational opportunities. There aren’t many employment opportunities. If you can live with the economy, the taxes, and the liberal laws, you can have a good life. We couldn’t, so we left. I really miss it, but I love SC. My wife would never set foot in NY again, if it weren’t for her parents.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

132 members (69sportfury, 300jimmy, 338reddog, 2500HD, 15 invisible), 1,349 guests, and 886 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,718
Posts18,457,131
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.