Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Paul Pelosi, husband to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), was involved in a two-vehicle car crash roughly an hour before his arrest for driving under the influence, according to the California Highway Patrol (CHP).

Pelosi was driving eastbound down Walnut Drive when he attempted to cross State Route-29, and his 2021 Porsche was “struck by” a Jeep traveling northbound just before 10:30 p.m. on Saturday, CHP said in a statement.

Photos of the junction reportedly show Pelosi would have had to have driven through a stop sign to get on SR-29. Video of the crash site reportedly shows “a busted out fence and downed sign.”

CHP determined the crash to be a “two-vehicle non-injury crash” and arrested Pelosi for driving under the influence at 11:44 p.m., just five miles away from the Pelosi’s River Run vineyard. Law enforcement did not arrest the 48-year-old driver of the Jeep.

As Breitbart News reported:

The speaker’s husband was arrested just before midnight Saturday (11:44 p.m.) in Napa County and booked into jail hours later — just after four o’clock in the morning — on two counts, according to the Napa County Criminal Justice Network.

Pelosi was booked into jail on two misdemeanor counts of driving under the influence but bailed out on a $5,000 bond at 7:26 a.m., according to local records.

Pelosi’s office has remained silent “on this private matter which occurred while she was on the East Coast.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...involved-in-car-crash-before-dui-arrest/

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Unbelievable!

That cop must have been planning his escape from Kali.
Hope he isn't almost old enough to retire.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wouldn't surprise me in the least for the officer to meet an untimely death, and all the arrest paperwork to be "missing in action" between now and the court date.

"...and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
Luke 22:36
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
How significant is it that they’re misdemeanour charges?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
he has to drink,cant imagine going home to her

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I like the fact that they "did not arrest the driver of the jeep" for getting in the way of his drunk butt....

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Down here in the land of fruits and nuts, you gotta have bodily injury before DUI becomes felony.
People used to kinda/sorta respect the CHP, but almost 5 hours AFTER the accident is when the breathalyzer was taken? Old bastard was drunk on his ass if he blew a .08 5 hours later. BAC goes down at .0015 per hour...guy was almost blackout stage when he blew the stopsign. Who else would get a 4 or 5 hour postponement?

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I would venture a guess that some would get a 24 hr reprieve from a BAC, Gavin Newsome, for example. Kudos to that officer for having the integrity to even follow through on that situation.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
UBER so expensive in California even the Pelosis wont buy it.....

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
He needed to get home in a hurry. Nance had some insider info to share and they needed to get some orders into their broker quick.

Me

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Laws do not apply to government officials and their families. This will go away soon. $5K is pocket change to him.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Down here in the land of fruits and nuts, you gotta have bodily injury before DUI becomes felony.
People used to kinda/sorta respect the CHP, but almost 5 hours AFTER the accident is when the breathalyzer was taken? Old bastard was drunk on his ass if he blew a .08 5 hours later. BAC goes down at .0015 per hour...guy was almost blackout stage when he blew the stopsign. Who else would get a 4 or 5 hour postponement?

He can then argue that he had to have a couple of drinks after he got home to settle his nerves and that is why he blew the .08. I wonder why this wasn't considered a hit and run?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by logger
I wonder why this wasn't considered a hit and run?

Sounds like he didn't leave the scene.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Wanna bet he was not driving an electric car?

Campfire Oracle
OP Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Everyone is equal in this country.

Some are more equal than others.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It took 5 hours because you can bet he was using all of his Constitutional rights calling lawyers and consultants before he would consent to the test. It was a gamble and it paid off because he only tested a .08. I hope they have him on video after the accident and in the jail to support the officers claims.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
If he was sampling the family product, he must have consumed a couple of gallons to get that smashed- - - -unless they're producing something resembling Mad Dog 20/20!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by logger

He can then argue that he had to have a couple of drinks after he got home to settle his nerves and that is why he blew the .08. I wonder why this wasn't considered a hit and run?

Yep he is gonna skate on the DUI for sure based on the time elapsed and the fact they cant prove he was drunk at the time of crash. Might end up with a leaving the scene ticket etc

Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RicG

Understand he was driving a Porsch.

GOA
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Mr_TooDogs
Originally Posted by RicG

Understand he was driving a Porsch.
They make both.
Taycan is the electric.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
635 members (12344mag, 257_X_50, 1234, 257Bob, 06hunter59, 257man, 72 invisible), 2,941 guests, and 1,293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,664
Posts18,399,333
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.