Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
673 Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
This is the only solution Trudeau/Horgan and friends can come up with??
I guess its the "stigma and fear" that causes the problem, we are that problem.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/may/31/canada-decriminalize-drugs-british-columbia-overdoses

GB1

G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
We not only condone drug use, we encourage it. With "safe injection" sites (drug distribution centers) and free Naloxone kits for dopers (first responders have to pay for theirs), we spend millions to support their habit. Their addiction gives them a pass when they break the law. The rest of us pay the price. GD

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The [bleep] world has gone mad !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
673;
Top of the morning to you sir, I hope you're getting the nice sunny day we are down here.

This is a really nettlesome and complex issue in my experience and I do mean experience in this case.

When I was managing the storage business in Penticton, it was behind the Canadian Tire on the bypass, which is also beside the soccer pitch and adjacent to one of the more scruffy sections of town.

I could tell you stories that'd curl my hair 673 and as you know, that's all under my nose...

Then there's buddy up in Vernon who can't go to the Polson Park with the grand kids anymore because of the homeless folks.

I've worked with people who had children living on the street so I get that aspect of it too. That has to be heart wrenching as a parent.

That said, when they were breaking into the storage yard sometimes 3 times a week and then breaking into RV's or our work trailers and vehicles it got fairly old in short order too. So no, they're not "victimless crimes" when that happens. Somebody pays for it - well we all do.

Then there's the times like when my late mother had her hip replacement surgery postponed for more than 6 hours while they were, as the frustrated nurse told me "jumpstarting junkies". Again it's affecting our lives directly.

Lastly, I'm going to note that this is affecting mostly men and as I think we've chatted about, when one listens to people like Prof. Jordan Peterson and we understand the subtle and not so subtle attacks on masculinity and men in general which have been going on for the past few decades, that's no surpise.

As you know too, there's a bunch of FN men or at least in the valley there is and NOBODY is talking about that are they?

It's not simple and it won't be a simple fix, but de-criminalizing self destructive behavior isn't going to be part of the solution in my view. It will in all probability mean more men die of OD's.

Sorry I can't be more positive this morning 673, but that's where I am on this.

Thanks again for the great conversation yesterday, was grand to catch up again.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Shame used to be a powerful means to control motivate better behavior. Our society has lost that.

IC B2

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
We have spent a ton of money on a drug war we have lost.
I don’t believe the govt should be in the drug business but it is big-time.
I say let the druggies have their drugs—if that makes me a libertarian I’m fine with the label

Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
I'm all for legalizing and distributing free fentanyl to any junkie who wants it. A social problem and all the crime that goes with it would dry up.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
673 Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I will be able to walk around town with a couple grams of coke, cool.
A couple grams of Fentanyl can be enough to kill alot of people, which could be reason to get excited because the guys who make this shyte will just make it more potent.

Guns are bad, ok got it.

673 Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Put them in an institution with free dope,,, out on one of the gulf Islands, nice place,, keep them away from the general population,, reducing crime, freeing up law enforcement. They are sleeping, shyting, shooting up in doorways to business, schools etc..its ridiculous.

673 Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The reason BC is the "experiment" is because every idiot from around the Country comes here because they can live on the street in the winter. It seems to attract them like flies, that and some of the Provinces have in the past issued bus tickets to BC for their dopers.

More good news is that only some Cities/towns have the methadone program, all they have to do is migrate to those Cities/towns and they get free dope, we are lucky enough to have one of those Cities near us.

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

624 members (1234, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 160user, 19rabbit52, 68 invisible), 2,035 guests, and 1,192 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,244
Posts18,447,917
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.