Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
For those who haven't got their membership yet, join the wave.

Conservatives say they're about to set another new membership record
Party insiders say they expect to surpass the record set in 2020
Hannah Thibedeau · CBC News

Some Conservatives are predicting it will turn out to be the largest number of Canadians ever to join a political party at any one time in Canadian history.

Multiple Conservative Party of Canada sources say that, since the current contest to choose a new party leader began, more than 400,000 people have either joined the party, have renewed their memberships, or are existing members, giving them the right to vote in the leadership race.

"There is unprecedented interest in joining the Conservative Party of Canada," party president Rob Batherson told CBC News.

"I think that people are really motivated right now in this post-pandemic timeframe. They're interested in getting engaged in politics and in changing things in Canada," said veteran Conservative strategist Melanie Paradis.

The rest here - https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/conservative-leadership-memberships-1.6475346

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
GB1

P
PSE Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Unfortunately a lot of them joining are Liberals hoping to torpedo the party by voting for Charest.

Death from within - via the 5th column.

Last edited by PSE; 06/03/22.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Pray hard for your country, men and women. Trudeau and Singh M U S T GO!

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by PSE
Unfortunately a lot of them joining are Liberals hoping to torpedo the party by voting for Charest.

Death from within - via the 5th column.
I have been approached by numerous People asking me up about joining the Conservatives, they all despise Trudeau and Jagmeet so I think their intention is honorable.

Perhaps more interesting is the building movement here in BC toward the Conservative Party of BC.
Giggling here as both the Provincial NDP and Liberals move in lockstep with one another, they forget about this other Party that has attracted some interest from Citizens that just wanna beotch slap the NDP and Liberals, its gonna get good.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
I am confident that right will prevail. No pun intended. Positive vibes for Charest and Brown to be eliminated on the first ballot.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
One news outlet is reporting PP has sold almost 312,000 memberships through his website. No mean feat. Of course Mr. Charest, who a few days ago claimed he had the numbers to win the nomination has NOT published any numbers at all...yet

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I only hope this is true.
Conservatives ( like myself) have great opposition.
It will be tough getting the 30's generation to support our values.
I find most don't have the attention span of a Conservative . I baffle them , they me.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by comerade
I find most don't have the attention span of a Conservative . I baffle them , they me.

I believe that Lewis and Poilievre will appeal to the younger crowd, as well as the older Conservative group. Poilievre has an edginess which most younger people might feel appealing. Certainly, his style has caught the attention of the older members. Hopefully, either of these two will attract the majority of members.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
Originally Posted by comerade

I believe that Lewis and Poilievre will appeal to the younger crowd, as well as the older Conservative group. Poilievre has an edginess which most younger people might feel appealing. Certainly, his style has caught the attention of the older members. Hopefully, either of these two will attract the majority of members.
That is my hope as well , Steve.
I see the opposition in my own family , neices and nephews and many others.
Many of these young people are influenced by their sources and I see a disconnect with our generation.
For example, I had always believed I was fairly open to others, fascinated by the give and go of a spirited dialogue.
Perhaps, they like us were told never to trust anyone over 30... I don't know, but I have been called racist, bigoted, a religious fanatic, a pompous baby boomer etc.
I feel many are so offended, they have vilified someone like myself.
I suppose I am not " woke" , a obvious Christian who believes in the dignity for all.
The farm and Ranch kids around here are not similarly , indoctrinated by this anger, so many urban young adults have .
These are the voters of note, our pethaps they will to
distracted to vote on election day, , except by electronic means.
Perhaps, we will get one or two more Conservative Governments .
Ultimately, God only knows. Enjoy your day, Steve.

Last edited by comerade; 06/08/22.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

368 members (12344mag, 1lesfox, 06hunter59, 160user, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 39 invisible), 1,876 guests, and 1,016 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,602
Posts18,454,655
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.