Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
https://www.fox26houston.com/video/...ngFVLJxT87mYZ8SiK0aS18R2oYcwRC-uOWWOHqAM

Dog named ‘Monster’ swims for several miles, finds way home after falling off shrimping boat in Galveston

The pup fell off her dad’s boat nearly a week ago in Galveston Bay and had to swim five to six miles to shore. She was eventually found safely days later. FOX 26 Photojournalist Darlene Janik Faires shares more.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Dogs are a neverending source of amazement for me.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wow!

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
A dog in the water that far offshore would be a dinner bell to every shark in the Gulf.

Something ain't right.

“Factio democratica delenda est"
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
They probably was dragging a child behind the boat…..

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by nyrifleman
A dog in the water that far offshore would be a dinner bell to every shark in the Gulf.

Something ain't right.

Fuggin' Pitbull probably ate all the fugging sharks! Lol.

Seriously, I'm not surprised it made it, the tenacious nature of a Pitbull is amazing to watch play out, she was going to get back to her owner no matter what. a fuqking ocean wasn't going to stop her!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Something ain't right.

I'm thinking that if the dog can do it, the chances of a shark eating it aren't that overwhelming.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Great story. Dogs are amazing. I know that sinking feeling first hand.

Last year I went out back to lock up the hen house for the night, and it was dark so I didn't realize my bulldog followed me through the gate to the back pasture. I came back and closed the gate behind me, and went in the house to watch some TV, all the time thinking my bulldog was just hanging inside the fenced yard around the house. But it was unusual for him to stay out more than an hour, so after a couple of hours it occurred to me he hadn't scratched to come back in. I went out into the yard and called and searched. Nothing. He wasn't in the yard.

That's when it occurred to me that he must have followed me out back to lock up the hen house. He must have tried to get back in, but couldn't get past the gate.

Now, there's also a fence around the back pasture, but not one that would be any trouble for him to get out of, so he likely gave up on the gate and started to find another way out, which took him to the streets. I drove around and around, heartbroken. Couldn't find him. Finally gave up, and went home, thinking first thing in the morning I'd call all the vets and shelters.

Well, just then I got a text on my cell phone from an all night vet clinic saying they tested him for a chip, found it, and called the number on it. They had him. They said a cop brought him in. So a cop must have seen him wandering the neighborhood, called him into the truck, and drove him out there to be chipped.

So I can well understand the sinking feeling that guy had when he realized his dog was gone. I thought I'd never see him again.

He's the one on the left.

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Something ain't right.

Wasn’t offshore. It was in Galveston bay.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

115 members (16penny, 280shooter, 257robertsimp, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 14idaho, 18 invisible), 1,365 guests, and 871 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,056
Posts18,463,219
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.