Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
T
Thursday and Friday I was trying to transfer 3 handguns to my kids. CFC is open for business at 9 am so I made my first call right at 9 am. I didn't get a human being all day long. Kept hitting redial as soon as the automated system dumped my call. On an average, I redialed twice a minute for seven and a half hours. No human interaction. Killed one battery in my cordless phone.

Yesterday, I started at 9 am again and went the same way for five hours when my other phone died. Still no human contact. Madening. Likely made over 500 tries -- no joy.

Anyone here having better luck?

Last edited by the_shootist; 06/04/22.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Sometimes I think that what government said was a necessary evil was actually designed to frustrate and run users off.

You get so fed up trying to follow the law that you either give up, and become a criminal, or just don’t bother buying something because of the hassle involved.

Easy and sensible are not in the government’s vocabulary.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
Sometimes I think that what government said was a necessary evil was actually designed to frustrate and run users off.

You get so fed up trying to follow the law that you either give up, and become a criminal, or just don’t bother buying something because of the hassle involved.

Easy and sensible are not in the government’s vocabulary.
Still a fan of Turdoe?
Guess you'll have to give up on handguns.😭

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
When it’s harder to obey the law than to break it, and there’s no penalty for breaking it, guess what happens?

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
When it’s harder to obey the law than to break it, and there’s no penalty for breaking it, guess what happens?

We're not there yet, but we have moved closer. frown

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by the_shootist
Thursday and Friday I was trying to transfer 3 handguns to my kids. CFC is open for business at 9 am so I made my first call right at 9 am. I didn't get a human being all day long. Kept hitting redial as soon as the automated system dumped my call. On an average, I redialed twice a minute for seven and a half hours. No human interaction. Killed one battery in my cordless phone.

Yesterday, I started at 9 am again and went the same way for five hours when my other phone died. Still no human contact. Madening. Likely made over 500 tries -- no joy.

Brother Keith;
Good morning, I hope the day's been giving you all decent weather and you're all well.

We were talking to a few folks yesterday at the range day at Penticton Shooting Sports and it appears there's not a lot of success with personal transfers or at least nobody that we heard from.

On the CCFR Faceplant group it's the same thing.

I'll be joining in the que on Monday to see what I can see as I'm in the same position hoping to do some transfers.

Initially I was hoping I download a Form 5492 and send it in via Registered Mail, but they're not available online for that.

If I find out anything I'll post it up here.

All the best.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by the_shootist

Brother Keith;
Afternoon again sir, I hope the day's behaving okay.

I went onto the CCFR group with a query.

Had a nice fellow from central Ontario email me a copy of a Form 5942 and supply me with a fax number.

I am going to fill out the forms today with the hopeful recipient and then have the document faxed to them tomorrow morning.

Drop me a PM and I'll send you the Form and the fax if you want to go that route as well.

All the best.

Dwayne

T
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
T
Didn"t get the copy of the form, Dwayne. ??

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Brother Keith;
Afternoon sir.

I've tried something else which hopefully will work.

Failing that, this is supposed to be a link as well.

https://www.onpointtraining.ca/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/RCMP-5492e-Paper-transfer-2012-04-16.pdf

We'll figure it out one way or the other.

Dwayne

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
You may find this interesting, bit of insight into the Miramichi operation from Dr Terry Bryant, the AB CFO, She is a pretty sharp cookie, and she knows firearms.

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aH...pr4AhUOkYkEHYQ1B7wQieUEegQIAxAF&ep=6

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Back log ='s failure to do their job in a reasonable time frame !

Doug sent everything in to renew his PAL, last November.

Has confirmation email of receipt & that it was all in good order.

Credit card transaction processed, January.

Still no PAL, 6 months later !!!

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Have spent the last 2 hours calling in to make a transfer. Most of the calls are ended because the line can't handle the volume.

However, I've gotten through and into the queue to a service person 8 - eight!!!! times and each time the line hangs up after about 2 minutes, after I've been told that I should wait on the line for the next attendant!

I've called and emailed my MP and tried to call the Chief Provincial Firearms Office (apparently they don't have an extension from Provincial Police headquarters). I've called the RCMP and was forwarded to "technical services", which ended up being a dead voicemail. I've sent an email to the RCMP and it bounced back. I even called Media Relations at the RCMP but have yet to receive a return call to my voicemail explaining exactly what the problem is.

You have to wonder if it's not on purpose. But that would be a "conspiracy theory".

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I think that there weren’t sufficient CFO staff to handle the increased activity. It bogged down because they cannot handle the throughput.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Which means the government needs to add enough staff to overcome the problems they created with their policies.

Jim

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
That's unlikely. Civil servants do what they're told.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Online transfer worked like a charm. smile

"Rhetoric is no substitute for reality." -Thomas Sowell
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Can't do an online transfer for restricted firearms unless you're a business.

Honestly, I'm wondering if this is an opportunity. Have businesses charge $25 to transfer restricted to the business then to the individual, all online. Eliminates the hassle for individuals, provides income for businesses.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Finally got through on about my 200th try and 11th actual connection to the queue. Hopefully my buyer (and the seller of the gun I'm buying) have better luck.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

67 members (808outdoors, 10gaugemag, 444Matt, ATC, 12 invisible), 2,190 guests, and 705 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,668
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.