Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
There was a gunsmith by the name of Jack Korzinek located in Wykoff, NJ (Tom Norman's Sport Shop)and later Canton, PA who converted Ruger #1 & #3 to .22 RF and .22 Mag. Does anyone have any experience with one of these rifles ? Korzinek was well respected in the target shooting community, unfortunately he passed away several years ago. Another specialty of his was bluing stainless steel.

Last edited by gunswizard; 06/04/22.
GB1

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Gunwizard,
I just found this inquiry RE: J Korzinek. I'm sorry that I cannot shed any light on the Rugers that He converted. Many years ago, I visited his shop in the Canton, PA area while on a ground hog hunting trip. That general area was a mecca for ground hog hunters. He was very cordial, considering that I just dropped in to visit his shop out of curiosity. I never heard any negative comments about his work.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Several years ago I was a huge Ruger number one fan, I still own a dozen.

One thing I coveted was a rifle that had been converted two rimfire

After looking for a very long time I finally found one and when I handled it I found it just did not feel right, the rifle is way oversized.
Fortunately for me a couple of months later I found a Winchester low wall and 22 long rifle that I truly love

Ironically enough, my complaint on money 22 rifles is that the feel child size Which is one reason I like the browning pump rifle

I am one gun away from happy
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gunswizard
There was a gunsmith by the name of Jack Korzinek located in Wykoff, NJ (Tom Norman's Sport Shop)and later Canton, PA who converted Ruger #1 & #3 to .22 RF and .22 Mag. Does anyone have any experience with one of these rifles ? Korzinek was well respected in the target shooting community, unfortunately he passed away several years ago. Another specialty of his was bluing stainless steel.
I was fortunate to own one of his 22 Magnums for a while. The work was first rate and the rifle had a match chamber and shot very well. But another #1 loonie friend talked me out of it in a weak moment. I miss it for its beauty, uniqueness and workmanship, bit not for having to pay for 22 Mag ammunition. A previous owner left the very plain wood on it, which I replaced with a figured aftermarket set.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Like me Jack was an alumnus of the gunsmithing program at Trinidad State College, he taught me several of his own innovative kinks when it came to barrel threading. I used these techniques throughout my toolmaking career, none of the other toolmakers had seen threading done the way that Jack did it. Basically it was upside down and backwards, removed the danger of running into a shoulder or the bottom of a blind hole. Once you got used to the set up it became natural, saved me a lot of worry. Jack was distinctive in that he wore a white shop coat, most of his clients called him "Doc" for this reason. The above pics are the first I've ever seen of Jack's conversion.

IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

623 members (12344mag, 160user, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 1936M71, 62 invisible), 2,185 guests, and 1,134 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,135
Posts18,464,707
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.