Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Nope, glad I bought one in 18

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rainshot
No. Mandates, taxes, emissions, safyey gadgets, whatever else they can think to add on. Americans like their comfort and will pay for $10,000 tailgates and the latest GPS tracking. Never mind the government nose is stuck up your butt.

I wonder in real terms how much cheaper a pickup would be without all the govt. BS they add?

Pretty sure they would run much better, and get much better mileage too.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
My Chebby won't

clean one owner 6.0 gasser crew HD w/137K miles...........2002

Just turned 20 YO

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
With all the thousands upon thousands of brand new vehicles still sitting in storage for so long now waiting on computer chips before they can be shipped and sold, got to wonder how vehicle manufacturers and dealers plan on marketing so many previous year models along the newest year models when (if?) enough chips ever become available again?

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
One dealer wanted a $500 charge for cash! crazy

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Just looked online. Ram 1500 classic, 2wd $28k. So yeah you can buy a truck affordably but it isn't going to have satellite and power everything and 4wd.

H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
Anytime big industry can find an excuse to raise prices, I think they always will!

I Learned a long time ago to Separate My Want's from My Needs!

A man's Gotta Do What a Man's Gotta Do!

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by MAC
No because IDIOTS keep paying the high prices. If nobody bought them and the dealers got stuck with them then You'd see the prices come down. Anybody that would pay $70K for a pickup is a moron.

I used to think the same way but my brother knew he needed a better truck than the 2006 F350 diesel he had bought for deliveries and pickups. He just recently opened a tool and equipment rental business in town and I’m doing most all of the picking up and dropping off of the skid steers, Kubotas, chippers, etc. He has all new top of the line equipment and he’s meticulous about upkeep and maintenance so when he was looking for a newer diesel truck his taste extended to and influenced his desire for the new delivery truck. After driving this 2020(iirc) F450 dually diesel 4x4 Platinum Edition I fell in love. It’s got more options than I’ve ever imagined one could get….heated and air conditioned seats and steering wheel, 110V outlets, cameras and a control center that would make NASA envious and everything else. It hauls as smoothly and quietly as anything I’ve ever ridden in or drove. It’s just a dream to drive and haul. I’m not hauling anything huge, I think the biggest piece right now is only 10 or 12k and even with a 20’ hydraulic lowboy trailer I don’t know that it’s behind me. I’m not getting rid of my Silverado but I could see getting something like that once I get a little older when I can justify that “this’ll be the last truck I ever buy”. I’ve had my Silverado for 20 years so I tend to get my money’s worth out of my vehicles but I’m 51 now and expect to live until 105 years old plus or minus so I’ve got a little time. Actually I’m waiting for the ultimate off-road and city traffic vehicle to become technologically proficient enough to justify….a 2 person (minimum) drone with long range (500+miles) and quick charge ability. I’d pay $70,000 for that.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Just looked online. Ram 1500 classic, 2wd $28k. So yeah you can buy a truck affordably but it isn't going to have satellite and power everything and 4wd.

what is this 2wd you're referring to........?

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
My poor 1997 F_150 is going to have to soldier on for a while , at 400k miles I need to consider looking for a newer truck , but New truck is out of the Question.. When I worked In a Porsche dealership A New 911turbo(2005) was what a Loaded dually is now, my how times have changed, and not for the better............

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by flintlocke
With the systematic deliberate destruction of the American middle class, I'd say the sales will shrink considerably from the biggest years volume wise. As sales volume goes down I would guess pricing will go up. Saw a 2016 Dura Max for sale this morning asking 60,000. I shudder to think what it cost new. How ag and construction fare, who knows. All part of the plan...schidtcan a 100 million fossil vehicles, substitute 75 million electrics, for which there is no grid infrastructure to charge them, and never will be. When the govt wants to shut down private citizen mobility because of 'emergency power grid strain' they will. Public mass transit or walk. Wabigoon Bros cattle company will be herding with a dog and a staff until they are forced out of production because of flatulence. Just because you don't believe in conspiracies, doesn't mean they aren't out to put you in the city, in a tiny box eating soylent green.

I have to think there is a lot of truth here. The EPA just ordered more ethanol be put into gasoline under the pretext of lowering the price because ethanol is cheaper than gasoline. I think most gasoline is 10% ethanol now so what are they going to? Don't engines have to have design modifications to run on E85? Is this an intentional move to destroy older, internal combustion gasoline engines and force people to buy electric vehicles? Just because you don't believe in conspiracies doesn't mean they don't exist! Never under estimate the evilness of people in positions of authority.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
*No*

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by wabigoon
That’s been going on for a long time. Make a lot more off someone making all those interest payments.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Barney_Fife
Originally Posted by wabigoon
That’s been going on for a long time. Make a lot more off someone making all those interest payments.
They make money selling the note. The actual note gets bundled and sold again by an investment banker. The actual CDO owners make almost nothing. The entire consumer loan industry is just like the mortgage industry right before the bust in ‘08. This coming recession/depression is going to finish off a bunch of pension funds.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Prices on anything will stay the same or continue their upward spiral as long as people are lined up to pay whatever price.

Bought any primers lately?

[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
Friend just priced a new F-350 4x4 loaded. $108,000 !

That's what 10 or 11 new pickups would cost when I graduated high school. crazy

Thinking that would be about 30+ new ones all loaded when I graduated from high school.

"Sorry don't get it done, Dude"
John Wayne 1959
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Bwana338
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
Friend just priced a new F-350 4x4 loaded. $108,000 !

That's what 10 or 11 new pickups would cost when I graduated high school. crazy

Thinking that would be about 30+ new ones all loaded when I graduated from high school.

1985'ish newspaper from New Orleans came to the offshore rig.

Brand new Chevy Silverado, half-ton V-8 A/C/power steering/brakes/windows/door locks, $9,995.oo @ Bohn Bros Chevrolet New Orleans

These same $70K trucks in ten years will have several thousand dollar repair bills,, needs a new cluster and GPS spragg, at the dealership that will be charging $155 hour for labor.

I wouldn't buy one of the gadget laiden trucks if I won the lottery. I've never bought a lottery ticket.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Fancy new pickups are expensive. It is a dealers market right now and they are mostly producing the high end ones. It has driven up the price of late used as well. If you want one they cost. I bought a.new one 3 months ago and the.price of the same exact truck is up 4 to 6K since I bought mine. I don't regret it. They are nice.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rainshot
No. Mandates, taxes, emissions, safyey gadgets, whatever else they can think to add on. Americans like their comfort and will pay for $10,000 tailgates and the latest GPS tracking. Never mind the government nose is stuck up your butt.
It's time to flush the toilet on that [bleep].

Politics is War by Other Means
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
The day when people bought trucks with seats that blew hot/cold air up into the taint was the end of pickups.

I had to special order a base model truck with vinyl flooring, a payload and towing package, and manual everything except locks and windows. Everyone asked me “why buy a new truck- why not used?” Well hell, try to find a used pickup without it being a floating couch with twat conditioning?

As far as the market now… yeah, you’re screwed.

Intellectual honesty is the most important character trait in human beings.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (1lesfox, 007FJ, 160user, 10gaugemag, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 52 invisible), 2,578 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,361
Posts18,468,985
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.