Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by jorgeI
It also depends on one's definition of "Third World". For example, Quatar, Emirates use a lot of British pilots for their aircrew AND maintenance and therein lies the key, but Ethiopian? no chance..

Don’t know about flying one operated and maintained by darkies. I haven’t ran across but a few that had any mechanical inclination.

GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by hanco
Originally Posted by jorgeI
It also depends on one's definition of "Third World". For example, Quatar, Emirates use a lot of British pilots for their aircrew AND maintenance and therein lies the key, but Ethiopian? no chance..

Don’t know about flying one operated and maintained by darkies. I haven’t ran across but a few that had any mechanical inclination.

Live a little. It's still infinitely safer than motor vehicle travel on the ground in Africa.

I seriously cannot imagine fretting about the safety of Ethiopian (cannot vouch for the firearm situation). You can look up the safety record for yourself and compare it to the competition. If you're a scaredy cat you might consider staying home in your safe bed.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I flew Frankfurt to Djibouti via Addis- my 30+ lb carryon was not weighed on any of the 4 flights there and back

Who is John Galt?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Coyotes shot no waiting.
B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Thanks Mr Fudd for the info

Jesus saves, but Moses invests
IC B2

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by BulletBud
I’m planning a trip to Namibia in July 2022 and the cheapest airfares by far are on Ethiopian Airlines.

i had an international career for 29 years, and still have an international marriage, mostly in asia, but also in the mideast, caribbean, africa. i just returned from 3 months in southeast asia and will make two separate long trips to asia and the mideast before october.

don’t cheap out on shoes, tires, mattresses and anything that puts your life into someone else’s hands. anyone who is spending serious coin on a hunting trip to africa shouldn’t cheap out on a guide or an airline.

spend some of this trip’s coin on a decent airline transiting a decent airport in a decent seat, or don’t go. decent seat means premium economy at least. deep vein thrombosis is no picnic, i’ve had it, but in the u.s. where i received fast and competent medical care. if you get dvt while flying in the third world it may well be lights out. decent airline and decent transit point leaves out anything ethiopian or cut-rate. good cabin service is a relief, but good flight deck and maintenance crews are non-negotiable.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

168 members (2ndwind, aaronward9, 17CalFan, 907brass, 257_X_50, 30 invisible), 1,934 guests, and 1,025 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,493
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.