Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by deflave
I'm excited to hear some of you can scrounge up the cash to go see a fugking movie.

We sold plasma before we left, and picked up aluminum cans out of the ditches on the way to the drive in. Should break about even.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Grandson went to see it with a buddy and his family on Friday night. Yesterday they all went to the Eau Claire air show.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by auk1124
I'm excited to hear some of you can scrounge up the cash to go see a fugking movie.

We sold plasma before we left, and picked up aluminum cans out of the ditches on the way to the drive in. Should break about even.

Hawkeye sitting at home with a Texas Instruments machine and bankers lamp.

Crunching numbers and schit.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

LOL

I even splurged for some popcorn, a soda, and some Red Vines.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Watched it old school at an outdoor theater with gf on Friday. It was “fun” on a superficial level. Many fun homages to the first movie. But overall, thought the writing sorely lacked. Storyline tried too hard - next to nothing was a developed character or compelling story beyond the sorta goofy mission plot. Much of the supporting acting was bleh. But hell, who doesn’t enjoy some adrenaline pumping flying. If only the f18 was sexier on-screen - it isn’t. It was an ok movie overall. Hoped for something more, but was entirely forgettable. Certainly wanted to enjoy it.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

IC B2

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
GreatWaputi: Didn't take long at all for the "Top Gun - Maverick" movie to burst through the one half BILLION dollar box office take!
As of today the movie which cost $170,000,000.00 (one hundred and seventy million dollars!) to make has brought in $549,000,000.00 (five hundred and forty nine million dollars!) in just 10 days or so!
In other words well over half a billion dollars in little over a week.
I wonder if it will end up bringing in over one BILLION dollars at the box office?
Yeah popcorn and pop have gotten "expensive" these days - large Pepsi and a large popcorn cost the VarmintWife $11.50 (no sales tax in Montana!).
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by sandcritter
Watched it old school at an outdoor theater with gf on Friday. It was “fun” on a superficial level. Many fun homages to the first movie. But overall, thought the writing sorely lacked. Storyline tried too hard - next to nothing was a developed character or compelling story beyond the sorta goofy mission plot. Much of the supporting acting was bleh. But hell, who doesn’t enjoy some adrenaline pumping flying. If only the f18 was sexier on-screen - it isn’t. It was an ok movie overall. Hoped for something more, but was entirely forgettable. Certainly wanted to enjoy it.

^^^Loser.^^^

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Took my son to see last evening.
Fun movie.
This is what I want out of Hollywood.
Entertainment.

MOLON LABE
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Priced it out for Monday night, me wife and kid, just $42 for XD. LOL
$5 apiece at our little theater here in town. $5 all the time, every show. We caught the matinee right after lunch, so no popcorn, soda pop, or candy.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Spot checked the thread and guess we’ll go see it. Night before last we watched the original on PPV in anticipation. I had completely forgotten how corny it was. Or maybe I was just as corny as the movie in 1986, making it a swell show. But honestly, there were times when I was embarrassed for the lead hunk and the lead hottie. The tighty whitey gratuitous hunk shot took 1st place. Hottie’s line to Tom’s navigator upon leaving the barbathroom rendezvous “your partner was great” or words to that effect, was an easy 2nd. laffin. Maybe the sequel really is better. Hope so, what with the price of popcorn these days.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Heading to see it with the wife this evening on an Imax screen… since we have heard from quite a few folks that it is really good.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Expecting anything mind blowing from a movie is expecting too much. I saw the original many years ago and back in the "good old days" when I was crewing Huey's. This was a pretty good movie devoid of politics and it did have some action parts I really enjoyed. I wish I were young enough to be crewing Blackhawks. I sure miss touching and smelling military aircraft. Something about 23699 and WTR that gets me all stirred up. Burning JP4 is better than any cologne I have ever smelled. No such smells from a movie.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Sandcritter: Your "glass" is obviously more than half empty!
I have lived for 24+ years near the small town where I have viewed the movie twice, and know about half of the adult and young adult people that were in the theater each time I saw the movie.
EVERY person that I and the VarmintWife talked to after the movie/movies REALLY enjoyed the movie - and the friends and relatives that I have conversed with who saw the movie in other places ALL enjoyed the movie - some, immensely enjoyed the movie!
YOU are the ONLY person I have come across that did not really enjoy said movie!
This brings me to this question and I do not mean it as an insult = are YOU a contrary?
Sheesh.
There's that, and I have as yet to read a credible negative professional review of the movie to date???
To each their own - I guess.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

^^^Loser.^^^

Lol! Name one memorable line from the sequel. One memorable scene that was not a reference to the original.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

^^^Loser.^^^

Lol! Name one memorable line from the sequel. One memorable scene that was not a reference to the original.

If they need be pointed out you're a loser.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

^^^Loser.^^^

If they need be pointed out you're a loser.

Dayom. Jay Cutler was NOT In the movie!

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

^^^Loser.^^^

^^^Loser.^^^

Who cares.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Dayom. Jay Cutler was NOT In the movie!

Get

Your

Schit

Together

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
It’s average at best and I have heard that from most that have seen it.

Everyone else is waiting to stream it for $4.

Says a lot about new movies when folks think this one is good.

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

702 members (160user, 007FJ, 163bc, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 1234, 64 invisible), 3,071 guests, and 1,368 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,579
Posts18,454,063
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.