Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Call the insurance company... go all Karen.

"House is almost to the point of being inhabitable and getting worse... electrical wire arcing... black mold starting... don't know what to do... don't want someone to die of electrocution... house could be a total loss."

MAYBE... JUST MAYBE... they will throw a Service Pro team at ya.

Ya gonna have to sell it though...

Web help... not so much.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by CashisKing

"House is almost to the point of being inhabitable and getting worse... electrical wire arcing... black mold starting... don't know what to do... don't want someone to die of electrocution... house could be a total loss."

Web help... not so much.

Have them send out a 2022 Fema Camper

Pitbull smell and formaldehyde fumes at cost plus

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by CashisKing

Web help... not so much.

Have them send out a 2022 Fema Camper

Out Of Stock...

BUT a well used 2005 Hurricane Katrina camper... from the Lower 9th Ward... No Problem.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
This is going to be expensive. I’d never own a home with water lines under the slab.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by hanco
This is going to be expensive. I’d never own a home with water lines under the slab.

Not necessarily the case in this situation if they are all encased in conduits. Pull out the old line and pull the new one through.

==================================================

I'm a proud member of the BGE cult ... yes, I consider myself an EGGHEAD
IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by slumlord
Had a plastic dishwasher line wreck my flooring in the kitchen once.

Another house, had an ice maker line do its thing behind all the appliances for a long time before migrating out to rot the center of the floor

^^^ This ^^^

My first two prime suspects...

Many a water leak has been traced to the above.

And leaking water beneath floor doesn't necessarily always show near the source of leak, either.

Generally speaking, just the main cold water feed into many houses built on slabs is inside concrete slab, then branches out through walls and possibly ceiling to water heater, kitchen / bathroom(s), laundry room, outside hose hydrants.

Best of Luck to you...

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Did you already get the common stuff checked out? Dishwasher, icemaker...etc. if it leaks there and gets under the flooring.....it can run.

Exercise the valves. This is something nobody does and then 19 years later they need to shut down a supply line and the valve is filled with minerals.

If the leak is enough to push water above the slab, there should be water at that same elevation in one of the conduits. A pex leak in the middle of a cased run would be pretty abnormal without some mechanical disturbance.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If the manifold valves work and depending on how bad the leak is, you might be able to hear the water getting past the valve just before it’s fully closed.

T
Tarkio Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
The simplest proved to be the problem.

Small line from the RO to the dispenser at the sink was the culprit.

Lots of clues that sent us in other directions. Plumber initially suspected the icemaker supply line. Never thought the ro line with a slow leak could have done this, but, sure enough.

Big result, beyond messing up the flooring, was that shutting off valves at the manifold trying to trace the source resulted in leaks starting there. So a replacement manifold is on the way.

Montana MOFO
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by ldholton
And everybody wants to slab a house..
Not here, they don't meet building codes. Foundations need to be below frost line 24". It's a cheap way to build, not necessarily the best way to build. To the op, hope you find the fix.

IC B3

T
Tarkio Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Heym06
Not here, they don't meet building codes. Foundations need to be below frost line 24". It's a cheap way to build, not necessarily the best way to build. To the op, hope you find the fix.

Cold as heck here too.

Guy that built the house commented he didn't want a crawl space because he hated the old dirt smell you get in the crawl space. One of many dumb things and reasonings he did and had.

Lines are contained in conduits. If we had to, we could pull a new/replacement line.

As it is, just another experience to look back on.

Montana MOFO
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by RickyBobby
If it’s hoses inside conduits you should have water coming up from inside the conduit that houses the leaking line
This^ plus, the reason for these manifolds is to enable shutting down one fixture at a time to allow service or repair in an emergency. (Also to reduce the lengths of full diameter pipes). Hopefully the manifolds are accessible and have individual valving. Then it is a process of elimination. Be sure it is water lines and not radiant heat.

T
Tarkio Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Plumdog
Originally Posted by RickyBobby
If it’s hoses inside conduits you should have water coming up from inside the conduit that houses the leaking line
This^ plus, the reason for these manifolds is to enable shutting down one fixture at a time to allow service or repair in an emergency. (Also to reduce the lengths of full diameter pipes). Hopefully the manifolds are accessible and have individual valving. Then it is a process of elimination. Be sure it is water lines and not radiant heat.

The manifold is accessible.

Water leak has been found and it was an RO line to the kitchen sink leaking.

But while trying to narrow down the source of the leak, the manifold valves started leaking. So now we are waiting for a new manifold to replace the old one.

Montana MOFO
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Heym06
What depth is frost line?

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
I have built 8 houses turnkey. All on crawl space or basement. I hate slabs.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
What is an RO line?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Hastings
What is an RO line?
Reverse osmosis water filtration line.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I hate plumbing problems. I hate the word plumbing.

Last edited by hanco; 06/06/22.
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Slabs are nice for zero steps.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
T
Tarkio Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
The push in connectors on the RO line coming to the sink were leaking.

When I glanced in under there, there was no water pooling and the floor of the cabinet was not swelled up that would normally occur when water has been leaking for a bit. So i wrote it off as a suspect.

Just waiting to get parts to replace the manifold now so I can have all water at all locations on and good to go.

Thanks for everyone's input. Even the guy that chastised me for working on figuring sch!t out on my own and suggested I call a plumbing service in England.

Montana MOFO
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
645 members (1badf350, 09wingates, 219 Wasp, 2003and2013, 007FJ, 160user, 67 invisible), 2,597 guests, and 1,170 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,601
Posts18,398,282
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.