efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Raeford
Don't know nothing about this Olsteen fellow, but that Creslo guy, he the real deal!
You need to take a listen to Jimmy Swaggart and his lovely wife Frances. They have a share-a-thon once a month but I can't figure out what they do with the money.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
The biggest human threats to Christianity are from within.
I agree that the church continues to hemorrhage members, and to not attract new members. They've likely lost focus on what kind of message it takes to connect with unchurched people nowadays, and to stay connected with dechurched people nowadays.

Church leaders are losing the conversation; they’re often not even in the conversation anymore.

When the current conversation is making less of a difference every day, maybe they oughta change the conversation.

Maybe families need to pick a genuine small town church with a devoted group of leaders from deacons, elders, and minister.

These type churches are made up of families as well as the leaders. They offer support, understanding, and wisdom. A close, bound congregation such as this offers everything the big, commercial, name brand, generic enterprises cannot possibly offer.

Families need to go to church and participate as families and as part of a congregation.

Couldn't agree more.
Non demnominational/fundamentalist myself.
Little 140 year old church on a hill, family in the ground out back.
This is where you find sermons from The Book.
And toes might get stepped on.
Trouble is, it's not where you find people on Sunday, new members
are rare.

Because, of those toes.

Numerous churches around with 2-300 showing up on Sunday.
Some, having several services, traditional, casual, and other things I
don't care to remember. Look good, feel good, never be convicted.
This is where folks wanna go. Osteen style.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
For all you haters on here....Nobody dislikes a charlatan more than a true believer. The bible even warns of them...

Last edited by reivertom; 06/06/22.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Oh Lord Wocha Buy Me a Mar-say-dez Benz

Joplin

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by reivertom
For all you haters on here....Nobody dislikes a charlatan more than a true believer. The bible even warns of them...

And I find it amazing that so many here spend time talking about it. Not that I care how much he is worth. I'm a born again christian. You can laugh all ya want. However, scripture says it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God. I wouldn't want to be him no mater how much money he has. When a christian gets a fraction of that, his own beliefs says to use it for the kingdom. .If he doesnt he will be judged and judged more harshly . He aint taking it with him neither.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Would Jesus Wear a Rolex

Ray Stevens

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Lots of small to medium size churches are using gimmicks to get people to visit.

We do a Wild Game supper, A blue grass gospel fish fry, senior luncheon, veterans dinner. All community wide, dont have to be a member, no admission or cover. Free food, door prizes.

This week is VBS. For you Out West fuggs that never stepped foot in a walmart OR a church…it’s a children’s week long outreach.

We also do a Homecoming super pot luck blow out, church supplies BBQ. Cooked over coals, non of that gas fired underneath chit.

Fall Fun is Halloween alternative. Cake and pie Walk, games, bon fire, 10 mile community hay ride.

New Years lock in

We have basketball leagues, Upwards

Sister church 10 miles up the highway, same Association has a big car show and they also do host a Food Bank outreach with turkeys and trimming boxes

Big time community events in our little hayseed Podunk unincorporated Tennessee Shîthole

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Slumlord,

All those are things a church should do.

Ours is too small for much of that, but they do monthly meals
after Sunday Service. Potluck style, often with some theme for the food.
Not advertised, but anyone there is darn near forced to come eat.

It provides a chance for the people to spend time together, in an
social setting. It nice. (We avoid it, I hate things like that)

VBS I'd coming up, they do something I find cool but apparently is unique.
An adult class, taught by the preacher. It's often the biggest class.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jahrs

"your church is a Six Flags over Jesus." That's the sermon that put Paul Washer on the map. I've listened to him for years. There are so few really good, sound preachers these days. He's one of them.

Paul Washer
the later R C Sproul
John McArthur
Phil Johnson (probably who I listen to most)
recordings of the late Dr Martyn Lloyd Jones
Steve Lawson
Voddie Bacham

among a few others are good, scripturally sound preachers.

Last edited by 10Glocks; 06/07/22.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by slumlord
Lots of small to medium size churches are using gimmicks to get people to visit.

Agreed. Add the rainbow flags in front of mainline denominations, and declarations that active homosexualism is holy. Whatever it takes to get folks in the door. But you won't generally find these chuuches preaching the word. The word drive most people away. But that's the way its supposed to be. The word is fire, and fire purges and purifies.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
[video:yahoo]
[/video]

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
He has a pretty wife.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by slumlord

We do a Wild Game supper, A blue grass gospel fish fry, senior luncheon, veterans dinner. All community wide, dont have to be a member, no admission or cover. Free food, door prizes.

This week is VBS. For you Out West fuggs that never stepped foot in a walmart OR a church…it’s a children’s week long outreach.

We also do a Homecoming super pot luck blow out, church supplies BBQ. Cooked over coals, non of that gas fired underneath chit.

Fall Fun is Halloween alternative. Cake and pie Walk, games, bon fire, 10 mile community hay ride.

New Years lock in

We have basketball leagues, Upwards

Sister church 10 miles up the highway, same Association has a big car show and they also do host a Food Bank outreach with turkeys and trimming boxes

Big time community events in our little hayseed Podunk unincorporated Tennessee Shîthole

Yep the American church has been heavily influenced by the methodologies of business and marketing bearing more resemblance to the Wharton school than what we see in the book of Acts.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
Originally Posted by Jahrs

"your church is a Six Flags over Jesus." That's the sermon that put Paul Washer on the map. I've listened to him for years. There are so few really good, sound preachers these days. He's one of them.

Paul Washer
the later R C Sproul
John McArthur
Phil Johnson (probably who I listen to most)
recordings of the late Dr Martyn Lloyd Jones
Steve Lawson
Voddie Bacham

among a few others are good, scripturally sound preachers.

Jeff Pollard/80’s rock star as well as Sinclair Ferguson & Scott Brown.

God has used Paul Washer to expose the ignorance of American Christianity and has opened the eyes of many by his preaching.

American Christianity in my opinion has suffered because of the way the churches have tried to change and coddle the younger generation to come to church, With their coffee shop environment contemporary music, smoke dark lights, plays and skits, soft preaching etc. instead of preaching the whole counsel of God.

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I listened to Paul washer some years ago. I like Conrad Mbewe. I think I could sit under him as a pastor because he’s not from America and has experienced and fought much harder against heresy in his country.

I had to start separating myself from the reformed Baptist denomination several years ago when I realized that they, in contradiction to their claims, strongly practice a theology of glory. They won’t admit it but that was my experience and observation. I’ve listened to many reformed Baptist pastors that I sat under that teaching in church.

The nail in the coffin for me was the 2018 T4TG conference. As I sat and listen to the many different people Speaking, David Platt John MacArthur etc., I realize there was a hole in a smooth with a foot in the SVC. Now for years later it’s quite evident that that holy is Ashley SJW theology.

Last edited by IZH27; 06/07/22.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
https://nypost.com/2022/06/07/abortion-activists-strip-during-joel-osteen-church-service/

Abortion activists interrupted Osteen's service on Sunday. They stripped down, and cried out "My body, my fuc*king choice!" Security had to remove the gals from the service.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 10ring1, 62 invisible), 2,380 guests, and 1,166 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,211
Posts18,466,244
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.