Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV
Originally Posted by RiverRider
[Linked Image from tractoptics.com]

If there has to be THREE heavy elements of the reticle, then the lower element should be the finer one. The thickness of it otherwise occludes too much of the view.

This is my favorite reticle. It works great for my needs.

Isn't this similar to a German #4 but adds a thin vertical line from 12:00 O Clock to the center intersection ?

GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Get along good with a adjustable fire dot, illumination in any scope sucks, no matter how it works, and i have never found the need for illumination. Rio7

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Al_Nyhus
Originally Posted by shootAI
I vote for Nikons BDC with those circles

I have a couple on hunting rigs and don't mind them at all. -Al

Exactly my opinion Al. Not the greatest but when applied as a subtension vs. MOA or mil system it's pretty good for fast application to intermediate ranges. I can't remember which one it was but the 2MOA circle diameter means that half that (1MOA) is great for interpolating windage relative to the plex part of the reticle--something few optics companies do...although once again it's probably unintentional. I just put a 2.5-8 LER on a Savage Striker 243 WSSM that i'll be using for a long-range specialty pistol shoot in WY couple weeks, and that windage system is great really...BUT I wish they'd have put the lower plex post tip at 14' closer to the lowest circle--maybe 10 or so, so it could be applied vertically with some degree of efficiency. Now that stadia point has no practical application when it could easily have been. Jeez--nobody ever gets it perfectly it seems.

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by adam32
Anything Nightforce...at least for hunting purposes.

Could not agree more!

NF has been flat WHIFFING on their reticles!

.2 mil hash over here

.4 mil hash over there.

WTF?

Give me a .5 mil hash and I can hold the rest!

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Bar none, hands down, without a doubt, I bring you the Pig Plex

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

LOL
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Leupold Hunt Plex. Dat gap is bigger than Stacey Abrams toof gap.

Talking to you is like trying to nail jello to the wall.

Dre Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Another Nikon BDC vote.
I do think if they had a cross hair inside the circles it self. It would would have helped? There was simply no aiming point. Just hold thereabouts and hope for center.
If I remember correctly, on 10 power the 2nd circle down was about the same size as an 8” gong at 300 yards. Not saying 300 yards is precision shooting. But it doesn’t get any easier the further you’re out.

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
LOL

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hogplex on Leupold 1X4,, just sucks,,,,,

I tend to use more than enough gun
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Bar none, hands down, without a doubt, I bring you the Pig Plex

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The moniker "PIG PLEX" appearing in the crosswire seals the deal for me.

Included with these scopes was a set of chrome hitch testicles and a full length GitRdone back window sticker.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
pig plex wins it for me too…what a horrid, yet absolutely corny reticle. only thing better would be if it oinked when ya turned the dot on. LOL

Livin ain’t killed me yet, but it’s workin on it!
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Yeah I didn’t care for the original PIG PLEX. What I hated most was the words PIG PLEX on the reticle itself. Draws your eye to it and makes you want to read it every time I looked through it. It’s like you need a reminder of what reticle your scope has every time you aim at something. Makes no sense.

Last edited by nuguy; 06/05/22.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Can anyone tell me what in the trailer park piss is going on here?

https://www.cdnnsports.com/optics/scopes/crimson-trace-3-9x40-brushline-pro-scope-predator.html

CDNN is blowing out unsold inventory.
Of something no one wanted!😉

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by wildhobbybobby
Almost every reticle I have seen in a movie about snipers would be a contender for the dumbest. But I guess you are asking about real ones.
Hell yeah!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
On the range, I don't mind a thin Christmas tree reticle, they are growing on me as I use them. X hairs with just windage and elevation hash marks work for me as well. I am comfortable with a plain thin X hair for fixed distance range work, but, am gravitating more to the Xmas tree over time, to have more versatilty. Used the plain duplex for many years, never all that thrilled with it. The floating dots do take a little getting used to. For the big game hunting scopes I like the Swaro BRH or the Zeiss Conquest z600/800, they work once you understand how to use them. I still use a single plain dot for gophers on my 218 Bee. Only really the last 10 yrs I've gone away from the duplex crosshairs, and Leupold.
Scopes that are made " cartridge specific" bug me, I realize why they make them that way, and where the market is for them, but, I don't have much use for a scope I can't switch from a 338WM to a 223 and vice versa. Never saw the value of the Nikon circles reticle, the Primary arms (ACSS) ones are interesting, but, limited usage. Not a fan of some of the higher end reticles that are out there either, like the Horus, too crowded, too much to remember, but there are some other variations of it that are useful. I don't visualize myself using an FFP scope for hunting, may happen one day though. Last year I used a double rifle with a 3moa holographic red dot, good to 200 yds on it, maybe 300 with right conditions.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The lack of any "standardization" in BDC reticles has always made me scratch my head. I understand different companies wanting to stand out from others. However, this is just ridiculous. Some people love BDC reticles and some hate them. Me? I could take them or leave them. However, one would think that manufacturers would at least standardize their BDC reticles to all be in either mil or moa.

In an attempt to stay on topic, I'm in the camp of those that don't really like the wide duplex.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
V
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
V
I just want a standard duplex reticle with the thick to thin being at 4 MOA at max power, and 4” of constant eye relief. In other words, bring back the Zeiss conquest 3-9x40. Works well out to 400 yards with my loads.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
These ones rock!

[Linked Image from shepherdscopes.com]

D
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
For me it was the old post, could never like it.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

636 members (1badf350, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 73 invisible), 2,551 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,687
Posts18,456,421
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.