Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Originally Posted by Blacktailer
The latest issue of Rifle has an article by Lee J Hoots on rifles he has kept. I found myself agreeing with most of his choices.

After his initial article questioning the 270's ability on mule deer I haven't bothered to read anything Lee j hoots writes....mb
I just figured he was an Elmer devotee.

I am continually astounded at how quickly people make up their minds on little evidence or none at all.
Jack O'Connor
GB1

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
The latest issue of Rifle has an article by Lee J Hoots on rifles he has kept. I found myself agreeing with most of his choices.

After his initial article questioning the 270's ability on mule deer I haven't bothered to read anything Lee j hoots writes....mb

This. I read that and decided the man wasn’t worth listening to.

When Mr. Barsness decides to sell his 9.3 I’d happily try to buy!

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I don't figure ol JB is gonna let that 9.3 go before I croak pabucktail, so I found one just like it with a Vari X lll 1.5 x 5 on it and scooped it up. Yes it shoots fine....mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

I just figured he was an Elmer devotee.
But he thinks the 257 weatherby is just fine.
I decided a long time ago that his writings are, generally, a waste of good ink and paper. IMHO, he's damaged the Wolfe brand.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
The Fieldcraft's were good rifles--but they weren't anywhere close to being NULAs.
But at half the price, they were very nice rifles, only now regret not buying one.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jmp300wsm
MD,
How does the NULA compare with the Barret Fieldcraft?

Since the Barrett was almost exactly half the price, I think a better question would be what else was comparable at $1800. That was stretching it for me at the time, and a NULA wasn’t ever a possibility. Now, neither would be wise investments because my age (though Friday I spent more for a used shotgun than the Fieldcraft cost me😱)

Now the question is gonna be, how do the new Wilson NULAs compare to Melvin’s own, with a follow-up on the new price. With Biden’s Inflation Tax, I’ll bet it ain’t gonna be pretty! Even as a non-participant, I hope they don’t futz them up.

What fresh Hell is this?
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Bill Wilson has already posted on the Campfire that he hopes to lower the price, due to his more sophisticated CNC machinery.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've had several Wilson barrels. They are very good barrels. The hand work on a ULA is going to be tough to duplicate.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Wilson barrels made by Wilson Combat, Bill Wilson's company, or the barrels made by Wilson Arms in Connecticut, the company which also owns Cooper Rifles?

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wilson Arms. Sorry. Never had a Wilson Combat barrel. These were AR match rifles chambered and sold by White Oak Precision. Good barrels

IC B3

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Yep, they are.

So are Wilson Combat barrels!

John Steinbeck
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Bill Wilson has already posted on the Campfire that he hopes to lower the price, due to his more sophisticated CNC machinery.

That would be a welcome change in these Troubled Times!

I’m tapering down, so probably not in the market, but it’s always good to see quality goods being made and sold amidst all the crap. Still, rifles happen as you well know.

What fresh Hell is this?
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Pappy348

I’m tapering down, so probably not in the market, but it’s always good to see quality goods being made and sold amidst all the crap. Still, rifles happen as you well know.

Tapering down? I guess that means you're ready to let me have that Browning single shot .22 Hornet then? grin

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Tapering down? I guess that means you're ready to let me have that Browning single shot .22 Hornet then? grin

Maybe in another 30 years or so………..

What fresh Hell is this?
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Ok. I'll wait.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
Rifles I'd never sell are my brother's Ruger M77 270 and a pre64 M70 7MM carbine

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
i will take the Ruger #1`s please. Pete53

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Fewer and fewer rifles are keepers as I get older.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (10ring1, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 160user, 007FJ, 53 invisible), 2,278 guests, and 1,137 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,609
Posts18,454,873
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.