Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
Caplock Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
If you're a dealer then the 4473 is, of course, mandatory. For others how about if you enter a show with firearms you must present a current and valid CCH. Similarly, buyers present proof of one upon leaving the show with a firearm.

Having one means you've been checked out a couple extra steps and likely no warrants against you.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Are you trolling? You can't be serious.

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
How about No! Shall not be infringed means exactly that. Do not give up anything. Demand your opponent relax his position. Had the NRA not been willing to make compromises and been more willing to challenge unconstitutional laws in court, we would be in a much better situation.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Caplock
If you're a dealer then the 4473 is, of course, mandatory. For others how about if you enter a show with firearms you must present a current and valid CCH. Similarly, buyers present proof of one upon leaving the show with a firearm.

Having one means you've been checked out a couple extra steps and likely no warrants against you.
Hitting the bottle, or is it the pipe, a bit early in the day?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Great idea. I fully support you doing this.

IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by 45_100
How about No! .

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

THIS

No need for us to let the gun grabbers take another inch...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MickeyD

Hitting the bottle, or is it the pipe, a bit early in the day?
He’s from Atoka! Probably hitting the pipe!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

And are people with warrants buying guns at gunshows from non-dealers even a blip on the radar of guns used for committing crimes? I known liberals love more laws "for the children" but you have to be seriously be deluded if you think this would have any effect on gun crime.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Pugs

And are people with warrants buying guns at gunshows from non-dealers even a blip on the radar of guns used for committing crimes? I known liberals love more laws "for the children" but you have to be seriously be deluded if you think this would have any effect on gun crime.

I wonder how many, if any, people that try to buy from a dealer, have their info called in to BATF, are denied because of a Felony or some other DISqualifying thing, then are arrested.........

IMHO, no one in authority truly gives a chitt............

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Throw a 1,000 stupid ideas at the wall and a few will stick.

Repeat.

Pretty soon we have 1,000 stupid ideas written into law.

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
If 20,000 gun laws already on the books haven't worked, what will another do? I think we all know the answer to that.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
If 21yo don't work they'll go to 25. If that don't work they'll go to 30, etc. Pretty soon it'll be "only government employees and who ever else they select to own firearms".

It's easy to see their plan.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Muffin
Originally Posted by Pugs

I wonder how many, if any, people that try to buy from a dealer, have their info called in to BATF, are denied because of a Felony or some other DISqualifying thing, then are arrested.........

IMHO, no one in authority truly gives a chitt............
None can be charged... SCOTUS says 5th Amendment means you cannot be compelled to testify against yourself. So bad intent on your part forces you to testify against yourself.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Caplock: Interesting topic - I think?
But I do NOT understand one sentence of your posting.
Could you explain yourself?
TIA
BTT
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The fact is that non-FFLs CANNOT request a background check on a potential buyer, nor can they get 4473 forms. So how can "universal" background checks work?

Then there's the problem with "transfer" of firearms. Technically, under the proposed law, if I hand you a gun to inspect it, that's a transfer - and a felony. You could not even touch a gun that's not under your name. The whole concept is illegal and unworkable.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
The fact is that non-FFLs CANNOT request a background check on a potential buyer, nor can they get 4473 forms. So how can "universal" background checks work?

Then there's the problem with "transfer" of firearms. Technically, under the proposed law, if I hand you a gun to inspect it, that's a transfer - and a felony. You could not even touch a gun that's not under your name. The whole concept is illegal and unworkable.

As stupid as that sounds, in Washington, if you hold a gun for someone crossing a fence, you need to transfer it…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
They should crackdown on gun shows. They suck anyway.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

Welp. Our representatives will need several million of our money to study it and then implement it. And it’ll still be fugked up.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

In Colorado at gun shows, they have folks set up all they do is transfers. A non-FFL sells a gun you go over to the folks doing FFL transfers with buyer and they do the transfer, the buyer pays the fee. I bought a rifle from a guy on 24hour from Colorado when I was stationed there. I told him I had a local ffl lined up to do the transfer. He drove down from Denver, and we did the transfer. I'm not advocating universal background checks but it is not as complicated as folks make it out to be.

Last edited by 79S; 06/07/22.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Also, Colorado pretty much backdoored a waiting period when you tried to buy a firearm during high peak selling season ie Christmas time and the day after thanksgiving. At one time the state only had 5-7 folks doing background checks. The gun store owner I talked to said enough complaints came in the state hired more people to do background checks. I think at the time they had a whopping 10 to do it. Oregon is the same way, I read many time from BSA he was # whatever and he might get his gun in a week. What we all need to be careful of is the feds handing over the background checks to the states. Then you will see what Oregon and Colorado have.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

617 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 160user, 10Glocks, 1234, 59 invisible), 2,029 guests, and 1,134 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,193
Posts18,465,845
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.