-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Carry....nope, although I still shoot them fairly regularly at the range. I have one of my 357 magnums loaded with Hornady Critical Defense 38 Special +p for my wife here at home.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
Originally Posted by Pappy348
I'll throw mine out there:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Dude, get a grip, or rather some grips and lose those Boat Paddle retreadsšŸ˜œ

Not on your life. I love those grips.

When I shoot 357 mag rounds out of the 101 it whacks my knuckle pretty good. I've found Hogue grips to work pretty well keeping that from happening. Try it, you might like it.

As far as the OP's question I have a few that I like. My favorites right now is an old Colt Detective Special, an S&W 642, and about 3 different LCR's, not to mention my favorites the Ruger SP101. What's not to like.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
When I shoot 357 mag rounds out of the 101 it whacks my knuckle pretty good. I've found Hogue grips to work pretty well keeping that from happening. Try it, you might like it.

I've used the Hogue rubber grip on this gun. They are comfortable, but they are terrible for concealed carry. Tha Galco holster in the picture actually rides very, very close to the body. I found the Hogue a bit longer and fatter than the stock grip, and that the all-over soft rubber catches clothing more. I found the stock grips are better for concealed carry, a good combination of grippiness and less rubbing my side and catching my shirt. YMMV, but of the several grips I've tried, I keep going back to the stock grips.

Same thing on my GP100. I changed out to the Hogue, shot and carried it for awhile, and went back to the stock rubber/wood grips.

I do like them on my Redhawks for open carry.

Last edited by 10Glocks; 06/05/22.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I sure do, a S&W 337 PD pre-lock because at 12 ounces loaded with +P Hornady 110 gr. FTX Critical Defense it just disappears in a pocket or ankle holster. It isn't as flat as a semi, but at less than half the weight of my .380, 9 or .45 why not? A shot load or two up front in snake country is a real practical alternative too. I didn't know that I needed a Scandium .38 Special until I saw a S&W 360 at a gun show. I wasn't unhappy with an early M60 stainless .38 Special though that 12 verses 22 ounce weight difference to do the same thing sealed the deal for a lighter one.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
637 every day carry , with 158 cast +p.

IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I carry a .357 loaded with +P+ .38 spl rounds on occasion. And I carry it religiously in Texas in the summer with a couple snake shot rounds up first.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Not an everyday carry, but I have a couple 357 revolvers that are almost always fed a 38 Spl handload consisting of 170gr SWC over 5.0 gr of Unique.

The 3" LCRx is a nice lightweight trail gun.

Ruger Security Six,

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Depending on how I feel and where Iā€™m gonna be, itā€™ll be a SIG 938 or a S&W 637 with a CT laser grip. If Iā€™m in town with the Smith, itā€™s loaded with Speer Gold Dots. If Iā€™m at the hunting lease, itā€™ll have two shot loads up first for snakes followed by three Gold Dots for the occasional armadillo.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Not an everyday carry, but I have a couple 357 revolvers that are almost always fed a 38 Spl handload consisting of 170gr SWC over 5.0 gr of Unique.

Ruger Security Six,

MM - That is an interesting load to me. Do you mind telling me what velocity you are generally getting from a 4ā€ barrel?

Thank you,
Expat

"There are no dangerous weapons. There are only dangerous men." - Robert Heinlein
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 250Sav_age
Originally Posted by add
Originally Posted by 250Sav_age
A Ruger LCR in 357 is what a carry about 90% of the time in the summer. I keep it loaded with hot 38 special reloads.

Didn't you the .38 LCR a few yrs back and were running +P in it?

I've never had a LCR in 38 special

Scott - Think you might be mistaken?

The .357, heavier offering is fairly new

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
IC B3

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by ExpatFromOK
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

Ruger Security Six,

MM - That is an interesting load to me. Do you mind telling me what velocity you are generally getting from a 4ā€ barrel?

Thank you,
Expat

I haven't chrono'd the load. I need to do that.

QuickLOAD predicts around 940 fps, and 19,400 max PSI.

Someone here was saying that load was a favorite of the late Elmer Keith.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
I like the looks of those hard cast bullets.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't carry a .38 but, sometimes have one in the truck. Usually loaded with 158 gr. swchp loaded with 5.0 gr. Unique.

Why do I have to press 1, for English?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thank you. It will be a great general use load in my Model 15 and Security Six.

"There are no dangerous weapons. There are only dangerous men." - Robert Heinlein
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I don't use my J Frame as a primary gun, outside of every once in a while using it for a pocket piece when taking off my dinner in a fancy restaurant. It is simply the gun that is frequently found riding in my offside front pocket and has been for more than a couple decades.

Always loaded with stout wadcutters

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
My Mother does, little nickel Colt Cobra with pretty walnut grips, i load a real Keith bullet that weighs around 163gr at 900+ fps, easy for her to shoot and will drill holes and be found in the 4th gallon milk jug, that'll do it, i worry more about barriers and hp bullet performance or lack there of for her, that Keith bullet should be pretty barrier blind, it's going to go deep and break every bone it hits.

Trump Won!
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
In the summer, I carry a 340SC 38 spl in my pocket. So light, I sometimes forget itā€™s there.
In the winter, when I wear a jacket, I carry an HK P2000SK 40.

Thank our servicemen and women for their sacrifices.
Thank John M. Browning for his firearms inventions.
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Cariboujack

I've used the Hogue rubber grip on this gun. They are comfortable, but they are terrible for concealed carry. Tha Galco holster in the picture actually rides very, very close to the body. I found the Hogue a bit longer and fatter than the stock grip, and that the all-over soft rubber catches clothing more. I found the stock grips are better for concealed carry, a good combination of grippiness and less rubbing my side and catching my shirt. YMMV, but of the several grips I've tried, I keep going back to the stock grips.

Same thing on my GP100. I changed out to the Hogue, shot and carried it for awhile, and went back to the stock rubber/wood grips.

I do like them on my Redhawks for open carry.

Being wishy-washy about what I like at any given moment, I've gone back to the Hogue on my SP101. It's longer than the stock grip, but there's no denying it's more comfortable. I took my wife out to a 10:25PM movie down town and I actually carried it, in lieu of my G19, in my pocket loaded with .38 Spl +P 125 grain SJHPs with another speed loader in the cargo pocket. I like this gun in my pocket. I'll have to carry it more. With the Hogue, its better in my pocket than in my Galco under my shirt.

I also decided to switch back to the Hogue on my GP100 (for now). Now all my .357s are dressed in Hogues. Not pretty, but they function well.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hogue has wood grips without the finger grooves that feel really good to my hand. But those finger grooves on the rubber grips don't match up with my grip and I dislike them.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
The rubber grips feel really good to me. I've even committed the sacrilege of putting rubber monogrips on my Super Blackhawk .44 Mag. Now that gun beat the hell out of my middle knuckle with the stock grip, to the point it left my knuckle raw. And I have one on my Redhawk .44, like the .357 Redhawk above. And a rubber monogrip on my Ruger MkIII target. I guess now all my Ruger revolvers and pistol have a rubber monogrip on them.

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (10ring1, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1234, 1Longbow, 71 invisible), 2,481 guests, and 1,142 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,315
Posts18,468,381
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.