Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Dang it! there just ain't no free lunch. Oh well, at least I tried to save ya a buck.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by splattermatic
17 rounds so far........and no malfunctions.

I'd recommend an upper from BCA.

Good grief.

Everybody remember this the next time you read an endorsement for BCA.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Hey, round count has to start some where, as well as any mess ups, at how many.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Don't worry, he makes fun of me too because I said I shot 300 rounds per session in the past. He's the best. Not hardly.. I'd put money on it..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

There’s nothing wrong with a round count of 17.

Endorsing a questionable product after a round count of 17 is, quite obviously, what I was talking about.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Don't worry, he makes fun of me too because I said I shot 300 rounds per session in the past. He's the best. Not hardly.. I'd put money on it..

You’re welcome to prove that I made fun of Splatter.

I am exasperated at a 17 round endorsement of a questionable product, as was obvious from my post to any objective reader. But I have no reason to make fun of Splatter himself. As far as I know he’s a reasonable guy.

And you’re welcome to prove that I made fun of you for shooting 300 bullets. I’m sure I’ve made fun of you before. But that’s because you’re pompous, one dimensional, and annoying. Not because you shot 300 bullets. Shooting 300 bullets sounds like a swell time. Why would I make fun of that?

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I'm endorsing it went bang 17 times without any issues, thus far.
I can't understand why I can't say I like it, and endorse the product ?
What can go wrong from here on out ?
I have other BCA products and a stainless barrel has accounted for hundreds of praire dogs to become fertilizer.
The system of an AR is quite simple.
If you are saying the materials are inferior, I challenge you to prove it.
Parts out of spec ? Again prove it, and explain how other "mil spec" parts interchange with BCA parts, and in fact, I swapped barrels, and it shoots sub moa with several loads.
Tell me sir....
Why would I have doubts as to why this upper would fail ?

How many places actually make uppers and lowers ?
There are companies who buy these receivers, and get a variance, and have their own names, and logos put on them, when they in fact do not make them ?
There for there are many name brand companies with the same parts, made at the same place, with just different names on them.
Other parts.... How many are made in other countries, but have their logo, or name on them, and sell them for large profits because of the name ?

Rant over....
Just tell me why......

Last edited by splattermatic; 06/12/22.
S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Sums it up well.

Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
I’m sure I’ve made fun of you before. But that’s because you’re pompous, one dimensional, and annoying.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

No you're not endorsing that IT went bang 17 times. You didn't endorse YOUR upper. You endorsed all BCA uppers based on your 17 rounds, which is irresponsible.

17 rounds so far, and a 242 dollar upper is shooting great, and no malfunctions.

You can. Nobody ever said you couldn't. We can also roll our eyes at your expert 17 rounds review process. And you can react emotionally and stomp your feet on the internet about it.

.....explain how other "mil spec" parts interchange with BCA parts.....

I'm not going to go back and rehash five years worth of my posts, and an internet full of knowledge, to try and prove anything to you. The information is out there. But we both know you've got your mind made up. At this point I'm just posting for the spectators who are still undecided.

Lots. A lot can go wrong after 17 rounds. That question is absurd.

No, the system is not quite simple. There's a lot going on.

Just because one part fits into the same hole as another means nothing about the quality of the part.

Seriously, all of that is JV stuff.

Buy what you want. But don't expect to say any crazy thing you want on the internet without somebody who knows what they're talking about to call you out.

Imagine that you assembled a vehicle from some leftover F150 parts and things you found at the counter at AutoZone. Then drove it 17 miles and told the world it's a great vehicle.

Then imagine a fleet manager responsible for 500 vehicles at a major construction company comes along and says, "Hey, I've seen a LOT of vehicles work and break. And based on my years of training and experience in the field of driving and repairing hundreds of trucks, I'd be careful about endorsing all of those parts just yet."

That's what's happening right now.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by SLM
Sums it up well.

I’m sure I’ve made fun of you before. But that’s because you’re pompous, one dimensional, and annoying.

"Pompous, one dimensional, and annoying" is a nice way of saying...... you're a fu..cking retard.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Ok.
Point taken....

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

No you're not endorsing that IT went bang 17 times. You didn't endorse YOUR upper. You endorsed all BCA uppers based on your 17 rounds, which is irresponsible.

17 rounds so far, and a 242 dollar upper is shooting great, and no malfunctions.

You can. Nobody ever said you couldn't. We can also roll our eyes at your expert 17 rounds review process. And you can react emotionally and stomp your feet on the internet about it.

.....explain how other "mil spec" parts interchange with BCA parts.....

I'm not going to go back and rehash five years worth of my posts, and an internet full of knowledge, to try and prove anything to you. The information is out there. But we both know you've got your mind made up. At this point I'm just posting for the spectators who are still undecided.

Lots. A lot can go wrong after 17 rounds. That question is absurd.

No, the system is not quite simple. There's a lot going on.

Just because one part fits into the same hole as another means nothing about the quality of the part.

Seriously, all of that is JV stuff.

Buy what you want. But don't expect to say any crazy thing you want on the internet without somebody who knows what they're talking about to call you out.

Imagine that you assembled a vehicle from some leftover F150 parts and things you found at the counter at AutoZone. Then drove it 17 miles and told the world it's a great vehicle.

Then imagine a fleet manager responsible for 500 vehicles at a major construction company comes along and says, "Hey, I've seen a LOT of vehicles work and break. And based on my years of training and experience in the field of driving and repairing hundreds of trucks, I'd be careful about endorsing all of those parts just yet."

That's what's happening right now.

What if someone bought a bear creek AR (a complete one) ran I don't know a 1000rd test on it, a one-day test. They documented all failures, let's say there were no failures of said AR. What would people say then? The famous "you won the bear creek lotto" or say "damn that's good to hear they are getting better". Or is 1K round test not really considered a torture test? if 1k rounds isn't enough to deem a serious test then what round count it is? 2K, 3k, 4k, 5k??? Reason I ask I bought one of those Bear creek AR they had on sale awhile back for $350 bucks. I haven't even shot it yet. I have other things going on. But I been meaning to go shoot it, doing the 1k test on it. I have the ammo, I just have to find the time to do it. On the flipside lets be honest many in this country will not put 1k rounds though an AR anyhow.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Well said.
I won't be, maybe not even in my lifetime.
Too many other toys to play with.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
For a known good product or known good parts that I’ve assembled I trust a gun after 500 rounds.

For an unknown product-parts I’d want to go 1500. I choose that number because 1500ish rounds is when parts from PSA caused malfunctions for me. They used a cheap extractor spring in their BCG. I think it was at about that number that a S&W buffer spring wore out, too. Those are both wear items, but not 1500ish rounds wear items.

IME a lot of problems will manifest within a few hundred rounds. But it’s not uncommon to see things break at the 500-1000 round mark.

If it’s just a gun you wanna shoot at stuff recreationally then I wouldn’t do any of that. I’d just shoot it and enjoy it.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For a known good product or known good parts that I’ve assembled I trust a gun after 500 rounds.

For an unknown product-parts I’d want to go 1500. I choose that number because 1500ish rounds is when parts from PSA caused malfunctions for me. They used a cheap extractor spring in their BCG. I think it was at about that number that a S&W buffer spring wore out, too. Those are both wear items, but not 1500ish rounds wear items.

IME a lot of problems will manifest within a few hundred rounds. But it’s not uncommon to see things break at the 500-1000 round mark.

If it’s just a gun you wanna shoot at stuff recreationally then I wouldn’t do any of that. I’d just shoot it and enjoy it.

Appreciate your reply, that’s what I as figuring as well. If it’s going to break be closer to the 1k count.. I bought this bear creek to give a run with this test.. I have other decent AR’s they are far from high end, but work for what I do which is shoot high power matches. I was going to do this with an AR I built cost like $400 to build but the barrel I got for $85 shoots 77smk’s real well maybe not bsa 10 shot group moa challenge good. But I didn’t want to ruin the barrel.

Last edited by 79S; 06/12/22.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[quote=bsa1917hunter][quote=splattermatic]Hey, round count has to start some where, as well as any mess ups, at how

And you’re welcome to prove that I made fun of you for shooting 300 bullets. I’m sure I’ve made fun of you before. But that’s because you’re pompous, one dimensional, and annoying. Not because you shot 300 bullets. Shooting 300 bullets sounds like a swell time. Why would I make fun of that?

Damn.....pot calling the kettle black, lol.

"...and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
Luke 22:36
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
So, if I change out the bcg, will this move its ranking up a knotch or 2 ?
Then what's next ?
I already have a tier 1, known manufacturerer, lower, and parts on it ....
Change gas block, and tube ?
A high dollar, name brand handguard ?
A different muzzle device ?

Last edited by splattermatic; 06/13/22.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Initial accuracy is proven on the gun in question IMO. Otherwise?

What's the role of a truck gun in NW N. Mexico? I'm gonna assume it's not the same as going to Afghanistan, E. St. Louis, or even S. New Mexico. Am I wrong?

If something breaks a rock chuck lives another day ?

T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
A few 3 shot groups landing in different POI does not give me confidence the gun is sighted in much less a good shooter.

I have stumbled into things that got real interesting twice while out hunting so I tend to take a hard look at my gear. YMMV

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Yep, that's correct gunzo.
Coyote or praire dog actually.

TWR,
The 3 shot big triangle is 55gr fmj's. The tighter groups, are 70gr V Max's.
I'll be shooting it as soon as the wind settles down here again.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

388 members (160user, 10ring1, 17CalFan, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 30 invisible), 2,701 guests, and 987 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,283
Posts18,467,788
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.