Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Carpet

I’ve been thinking about up grading my boat.
Looking at craigs list just to see what’s out there.
Lot’s of nice options at decent prices, but,

What’s up with putting carpet in fishing boats ?

Fish hooks and carpet don’t mix.
Blood, slime and carpet don’t mix.

What’s your pet peeve ?

MOLON LABE
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you don't like carpet put a rubberized bed liner treatment on the interior of your boat. I mostly bass fish so at least half the time I'm standing bare footed on my front deck casting or flipping. Carpet feels good to me.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
My biggest pet peeve about fishing boats is that they cost over a hundred grand new for a nice one

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Several years back i bought a nice used fiberglass bass boat.

Previous owner had removed the carpet from the lower area and put in a rubber deck.

Looked spray-in. But not line-x type.

Light grey color.

Was nice. Didn’t get hot.

Same stuff woulda worked for the front and deck casting deck.

Xpress boats come with SeaDeck as an option.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
The last one I started to remodel this last winter is an older 18’ Lund. I’ve ordered Nexan dry lock for the flooring and look forward to finding time between groups to install it.
I think it’s going be just the ticket to a trouble free floor/ deck.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Mine is outboards. I’ve had issues with every one I’ve ever owned. Broke down a few years ago and bought a brand new 20hp Suzuki. It was absolutely flawless until this spring when I got ahold of some bad gas and it went to running rough. I like to have never got it all cleaned out but finally have it running good again.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Upgrading your boat to fit your need is a lot cheaper than replacing it.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders
H
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
H
A guy at a Marina that I visited spray painted automotive undercoating all over the inside of his center console.

Being black I bet he SWEATED HIS BALLS OFF DURING THE SUMMER!!!

Hip

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Anaconda
...What’s up with putting carpet in fishing boats ?

Fish hooks and carpet don’t mix.
Blood, slime and carpet don’t mix...

For nonskid decks a product called "Treadmaster" is very hard to beat. Long service life if installed properly.

Walnut shells in paint is an old traditional method that is still viable for low budgets.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Seadeck is a great alternative to carpet.

IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Tag

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
My petpeeve on boats is, I wish there was an easier way to wash out the interior ! Or am I doing it wrong ??
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't mind carpet, sort of prefer it for me.

My pet peeve - I want a large, high hp walleye/multi species aluminum boat with the captain's helm to starboard without a corresponding windshield/dash on for the passenger on the port side.

Basically this boat but without the passenger dash/windshield or the middle "walk through" bits. Such a waste of space. Smaller offerings often have what I want, which is great but I want a larger (LOA) boat.

Tournament Pro

Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Coworker bought a new fiberglass deck boat, specifically ordered without carpet. After a year of use he is wishing he had put carpet in it for traction and 'coolness' on his feet.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not enough horsepower.
Never understand why someone would buy a nice boat and then totally cheap out on the engine.
I see nice 17-18' fishing boats with a 40 hp motor.
Nice kicker but where's the real motor...

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Having a boat that you can’t use the right tactics with to get fish is a big mistake… and you don’t want to wait and buy the one you really needed later on so get the following up front..

- Make sure you can put a kicker motor on it so you can troll for walleye / Crappie…
this means the transom weight capacity for the motor you have and the kicker are allowed….

- Battery chargers On-board - Get one…. Period…

- Kill switches on the battery’s so you won’t drain one and kill it when you have the boat parked.

- Get a Bimini - that is unless you don’t want to fish from may on… until Oct.

- Electronics -
Hummingbird has the best side view period…. Mega + is almost scary in detail
But - if you want to catch fish in hard fishing conditions…
then the Garmin Livescope is your huckleberry… Not only can you see the size of what you are targeting, you can see thier exact depth and how they react to lures…. And get fish when no one else can.

- Livewell size - don’t underestimate the importance or you’ll be carrying a portable livewell for big catfish / spoonbill..

- for lakes - get a v hull… don’t assume you can use a flat bottom everywhere.

- Inflatable lifevests — people will actually wear them - Get them…

- light for driving at night - summer fishing at night is HUGE…. But you really need some lights, I put LED based light bars on mine.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
And to think me and the boy have been boating limits of saugeye and crappie 4 days a week since April with an $89 depth finder, a 20hp tiller, and a 5 gallon buckets for a livewell. Plywood bench seats and no top or windshield. Roughing it.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I love my boat's carpet and would eliminate it under exactly no circumstances. Spray it at the car wash a few times a year and enjoy it.

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by TheKid
And to think me and the boy have been boating limits of saugeye and crappie 4 days a week since April with an $89 depth finder, a 20hp tiller, and a 5 gallon buckets for a livewell. Plywood bench seats and no top or windshield. Roughing it.

An open 18’er (I hit some big lakes) and a tiller motor, seat cushions and I’m a very happy fisherman as well.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by TheKid
Nothing wrong with this program

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

657 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 72 invisible), 2,829 guests, and 1,401 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,478
Posts18,451,845
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.