Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by jdollar
I know it’s difficult for you (probably impossible) but stay on topic. Covid testing at JNB is a formality designed to fleece tourist but you have to play the game. BTW, when was the last time you cleared Customs at JNB? I did it 8 months ago.

covid is killing millions now

How dare you travel now?

GB1

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
The virus is now ubiquitous and will remain so forever. It isn’t going away. The days of worrying about travelers spreading it are gone. All one can do now if you want to travel outside the US is follow the rules, whether it is vax or testing prior to arrival. Right now you must have a negative Covid test to re-enter the US but that regulation is expected to be lifted in the near future. Brother Raider believes the vax does no good and is dangerous. Check the graphs in the link, especially the US graph. The evidence speaks for itself.

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-deaths-by-vaccination

You can’t fix stupid.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
LMAO.....are you really a Dr? You didn't answer the question anyway, because you know you're on the wrong side of the argument. Who's the dumbass? You remind us with every post, so congrats Dr Dumbass.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dear Mr. dollar, please explain Namibian covid vaccination rates as compared to death rates. I would also like you to figure in the total average of all deaths in that country for the five years preceding covid. It seems lower vaccination = lower deaths. Just looking for your expert opinion. Thanks.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just got back from Zimbabwe, Zambia, and Namibia. Most folks that got a shot either received the AstraZeneca or the CanSino viral vector shot. The initial Alpha variant did not spread too widely while the Delta variant hit the three nations very hard. Only about a third of the populations got a shot but the breakthrough infection/death rate was high - according to reports.

As the CDC finally admitted, they withheld data, didn't collect data properly (intentionally) and succumbed to political pressure to put a happy face on the mRNA shot. So the data we were being told about the effectiveness of the shot was hugely misleading to put it a nice way. Unfortunately, many professionals simply followed the CDC guidance for fear of being ostracized or worse, fired. At the end of the day, the grand experiment may have saved a few lives, however, the actual benefit will most likely never be known.

In regards to the folks I spoke with in Africa, most "believe" the shot was worthless in regards to stopping infections and deaths. Of course their expectation were highly influenced and inflated thanks to the PR machines including the WHO, the CDC and lots and lots of clueless governments and media talking heads.

At the end of the I don't blame or condemn anyone who got the shot and the same goes for those who didn't believe what they were being told. What is amazing to me is how the discussion and decision divided our nation and apparently has left lasting animosity. What a sad commentary.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
IC B2

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by 222ND
Dear Mr. dollar, please explain Namibian covid vaccination rates as compared to death rates. I would also like you to figure in the total average of all deaths in that country for the five years preceding covid. It seems lower vaccination = lower deaths. Just looking for your expert opinion. Thanks.

Most of Southern Africa got the Sinovax- “free”, of course, compliments of the Chinese government. That’s it in a nutshell. There is a reason most countries with a decent standard of living got Moderna, Pfizer, J&J or Astra Zeneca. Poor countries got whatever the Chinese government was “giving” away. Did you bother to read the link I posted?? The graphs were simple and striking.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Namibia has very low vaccination rates and some of the worlds lowest death rates. Your a quack.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Namibia has the second lowest population in the world and a large percentage is thinly scattered over a vast desert. Hardly conducive to the spread of any contagious disease. What about the graph of Switzerland?? Let me guess, you didn’t bother to read the link….

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Based on what little I know from Namibia, Zambia, and Zim the governments weren't doing a bang up job on tracking vaccinations/infections/deaths. Many died in the Concessions and rural areas that were never tested so again, the data is unreliable. I know that Namibia was dumping millions of doses due to shelf life issues and limited ability to put shots in arms.

So using any African nation as an example is DOA.

Last edited by STRSWilson; 05/21/22.

C
CWD Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I got checked for a covid test 2x when I was departing JNB last month.

RLTW
NRA Benefactor Member
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The requirement for the test to enter the US expires this Sunday and they announced that they don't plan to extend the requirement for now. They will revisit the policy in 90 days.

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Good I'm heading over on Thursday

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by CharlesL
The requirement for the test to enter the US expires this Sunday and they announced that they don't plan to extend the requirement for now. They will revisit the policy in 90 days.

Great news for travelers!

https://www.digitaljournal.com/world/us-to-drop-covid-tests-for-incoming-air-travel-w-house/article

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
South Africa has dropped all Covid restrictions

https://safariclub.org/south-africa-drops-all-covid-restrictions/

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The virus is now ubiquitous and will remain so forever. It isn’t going away. The days of worrying about travelers spreading it are gone. All one can do now if you want to travel outside the US is follow the rules, whether it is vax or testing prior to arrival. Right now you must have a negative Covid test to re-enter the US but that regulation is expected to be lifted in the near future. Brother Raider believes the vax does no good and is dangerous. Check the graphs in the link, especially the US graph. The evidence speaks for itself.

You can’t fix stupid.
And you can have a medical education and still be stupid. Stupid enough to believe stats put out by folks with big time motive to lie.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Hastings

You can’t fix stupid.
And you can have a medical education and still be stupid. Stupid enough to believe stats put out by folks with big time motive to lie.

The guys' a coward Hastings. You'll never get an answer out of this loser.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by Hastings

You can’t fix stupid.

The guys' a coward Hastings. You'll never get an answer out of this loser.

And who the hell cares? There is no mandatory Covid testing required at OR Tambo airport.

The South African population is rife with extremely high levels of TB and HIV/AIDS, yet there has been no mass die off from Covid. You would think that a population that is weakened by these deadly diseases would have have had hundreds of thousands, if not millions of Covid deaths. Didn't happen.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

703 members (01Foreman400, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10ring1, 61 invisible), 2,464 guests, and 1,162 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,149
Posts18,465,009
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.