Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
L
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
33% so far… I’m disappointed in the electorate.

Intellectual honesty is the most important character trait in human beings.
GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Third and fourth do not add up to second and second is half of first... looking grim for the Ds...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Third and fourth do not add up to second and second is half of first... looking grim for the Ds...
Yep. Time will tell.
If you would'nt mind Art, I am not able to get the updates on Mrs. Mark's iPad. Could you or IB keep that link updated?

"You've been here longer than the State of Alaska is old!"
*** my Grandaughters

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by bearhuntr
Yep. Time will tell.
If you would'nt mind Art, I am not able to get the updates on Mrs. Mark's iPad. Could you or IB keep that link updated?
Ya betcha. It's still on the 9:10 PM update from last night.

Might not get updated until the next report on the 15th.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yep. Time will tell.
Headed out Copper on the Fly to fish, so I will not be able to...

But, with 54% of expected vote counted little has changed.

64% have voted for someone with an R.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Lucky you🙂

Hit the opener here yesterday and picked up 21 bows. Black sculpin and green bodied muddled with a peacock primary rather than turkey. Largest was 27" with most in the16 to 20" class. Water was dead clear yet up.

Best, M

*** my Grandaughters

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by ironbender
Yep. Time will tell.

Appreciate it Mike, as always. Need any yard signs for anyone for the regular?

*** my Grandaughters

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Lucky you🙂

Hit the opener here yesterday and picked up 21 bows. Black sculpin and green bodied muddled with a peacock primary rather than turkey. Largest was 27" with most in the16 to 20" class. Water was dead clear yet up.

Best, M
Sounds like quality time!!!

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Yep. Time will tell.

Appreciate it Mike, as always. Need any yard signs for anyone for the regular?
You mean senator B or NBIII?

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
No sir. The 'Big' show, meaning regular elections, not for Unkle Dons.

*** my Grandaughters

A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (KTUU) - Election results remain largely similar to the initial standings from Saturday as the Alaska Division of Elections released the most recent batch of ballot counts Wednesday.

Republican former Gov. Sarah Palin remains atop the leaderboard with a cushion of nearly 12,000 votes over fellow Republican Nick Begich III. Nonpartisan candidate Al Gross and Democrat Mary Peltola remain in the third and fourth place spots — respectively — with a substantial lead over the trailing candidates ahead of the Aug. 16 Special General election to fill the remainder of the term for the late Rep. Don Young in Congress.

Election Results
Palin’s lead shrunk as her total ballot count continues to grow. The former Vice Presidential candidate now has 37,558 votes which account for 28.30% of all ballots cast — dropping slightly from the 30% of total ballots that she had received at the last tally. Begich received nearly 4,000 additional votes — now totaling 25,625 — increasing his percentage only marginally.

Gross received over 3,000 additional ballots and now has 16,921 total. Peltola also added over 3,000 additional votes and has now received 8.71% of ballots, extending her lead over fifth-place candidate Republican Tara Sweeney. The Division of Elections has now tallied 133,022 ballots.

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).
L
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
In case anyone was wondering, when I posted this thread it was meant to say “the liberal K H U N T”. Meaning the liberal Palin. I was hoping we heard the last from that liberal bitch 14 years ago.

Intellectual honesty is the most important character trait in human beings.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Good stuff, thanks for clarifying.

I think Sarah gets a raw deal in the press, as she's an easy target. And Americans are really dumb. (sorry guys)

All that said as i try to remember her career, it is tough to forget the scandals, lies, tax increases, scandals, etc. I mostly blame McCain for casting her (and us) into the spotlight and bringing the [bleep] of US politics to AK.
Which I guess is a long way of saying... I agree.

I think Sarah will do better under the structure of a party system where she never is allowed to think for herself. And if that's the nicest thing I can say for you, you should be concerned.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Interesting will be to see how the 30% that went elsewhere than the top 4 will go next time around. Most will go to the two Liberals (Gross and 9 %) I'd guess.

Begich better get his game face on and do some heavy advertising. He has name recognition to overcome - two ways - his and hers.

And then there are the two thirds of RVs that didn't vote.

I also wonder how many cross-over votes helped put Palin in the lead hoping for an easy opponent. She's going to get hammered by the left.

Last edited by las; 06/18/22.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
i hope Sarah Palin wins we need her in Washington D.C. we need the Red votes , if your against Sarah Palin your against most of us on 24 hr. Campfire , owning firearms and true Americans. seems some of you guys are just closet liberals ! why would anyone want more dang liberals in Washington we need RED votes for a big change . WTF

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by pete53
i hope Sarah Palin wins we need her in Washington D.C. we need the Red votes , if your against Sarah Palin your against most of us on 24 hr. Campfire , owning firearms and true Americans. seems some of you guys are just closet liberals ! why would anyone want more dang liberals in Washington we need RED votes for a big change . WTF
Proof that opinions are like ass holes.

LOL

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P

LOL
YA AND GET RID OF YOUR ATTITUDE WE NEED LOTS OF VOTES IDIOT IN WASHINGTON > THAT`S THE BIG PICTURE

Last edited by pete53; 06/18/22.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

LOL
YA AND GET RID OF YOUR ATTITUDE WE NEED LOTS OF VOTES IDIOT IN WASHINGTON > THAT`S THE BIG PICTURE
So, enlightened one. Why not tell us how you know what you know.

ps. By the way, "Feelings" do not count...

*** my Grandaughters

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
LOL
Tell me why you oppose NBIII?

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (10gaugeman, 204guy, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 1beaver_shooter, 51 invisible), 3,150 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,591
Posts18,454,335
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.