Print Thread
Hop To
T
TX35W Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Remington has some, for those who don't mind using it. Remington dot com etc.

GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by TX35W

Times like these is a good time to make exceptions grin

Semper Fi
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have 100 Rem and 50 Hornady; the Rem are in service and have proven to be quite accurate...3 discards due to obvious neck thickness discrepancies.

Last edited by PA_Bob; 06/11/22.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by beretzs

Yeah, I have a lot of R-P from the 90's and that was great stuff. As was WW Super in the 70's and 80's... I would not use WW these days. Its pretty much garbage. Don't know about R-P these days?? Like you say though, if you need it. It may be worth buying. Just don't trust WW. ha ha.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I bought a hundred R-P .375 H&H cases last year and gave them a careful evaluation. They are excellent brass. Extremely consistent and precise in every measurable dimension.
I have not shot them enough to assess their longevity, but other R-P brass I have used have lasted well.

This from a Lapua brass snob.

Rex

IC B2

T
TX35W Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Yeah, I have a lot of R-P from the 90's and that was great stuff. As was WW Super in the 70's and 80's... I would not use WW these days. Its pretty much garbage. Don't know about R-P these days?? Like you say though, if you need it. It may be worth buying. Just don't trust WW. ha ha.

Because Corelokt factory ammo used to be so cheap I have a ton of R-P brass and I've mostly found it to be fine... not Lapua but it does the job. But W-W...I recently bought a huge lot that was actually garbage, can't imagine buying more.

I did buy some of this new stuff. I will report back.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I use RP brass and some old WW yellow box 375 to make my 375 Improved brass. Both have been great in that application.

Semper Fi
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Haha. I might recycle your quote!

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by PintsofCraft

Haha. I might recycle your quote!

Anytime!

Semper Fi
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I made exceptions on some Winchester .338 WM brass back in the winter. I’ve never seen crooked necks in new brass, but this sure the heck was. I FL resized all of it and trimmed it to even the necks out. The necks are a little little short, but seems to be ok. I don’t think I’d buy again though. Now factory Winchester all that I’ve reloaded the brass from, I have no complaints.

Last edited by Hudge; 06/12/22.
IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Because Corelokt factory ammo used to be so cheap I have a ton of R-P brass and I've mostly found it to be fine... not Lapua but it does the job. But W-W...I recently bought a huge lot that was actually garbage, can't imagine buying more.

I did buy some of this new stuff. I will report back.

Sounds great. Thanks for sharing. I'm hoping that new R-P works out for you. I'm trying to think when the last time was that I bought new R-P. Probably 223 remington brass a few years ago to be exact. It seemed to be good quality. I just bought a bunch of 1,2,3+ fired R-P brass from a guy here in the classifieds. I had to cull some, but that is fine and we knew that was going to happen. He sent me 6 pounds of good clean Remington brass for my new rifle. Much appreciated. Not the same thing here as new brass, but when you buy used brass, make sure you check every case with a bent paper clip to check for incipient case head separation. The seller here was honest and said he knew some were fired a bit, but then he said some were "once fired". I've been at this long enough that I can segregate very easily according to how they look. If anything is questionable, toss it.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
T
TX35W Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Good reminder on checking used brass. That has been all that's been available in some calibers recently.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (160user, 11point, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 1eyedmule, 54 invisible), 2,987 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,352
Posts18,468,867
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.