Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
shaman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I start back at Chemo Camp this AM. This is my 3rd round of 5 days of poisoning. This is the actual half-way point in the process.

I spent yesterday napping in the recliner. After 2 weeks of recovery from the last round, I can say that I'm holding up, but I am not as strong as I was 3 weeks ago as I stood ready for the second round. I feel fine, but I have no energy. Just getting up to pee is a bit of struggle. I'm still eating all right, but I have had almost no appetite for months. I've lost 30 lbs. This is all from the Bug Juice; I'm pretty sure they killed the cancer during the first round.

Do not expect much in the way of creativity from me. Mostly, I've been sleeping for the past 2 weeks, and I expect somewhat the same to continue. I'll do my best to report, but so much of this is turning into a routine. If all goes well, I'll be seeing daylight in a month.

The really good news is that this is the week where, if all had gone to plan, I would have had the tests run that would have revealed the cancer had come back. As it has turned out, I had a 2 1/2 month head start on everything.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hang in there!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Hang in there Shaman,,,
We're pulling for you.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
My heart goes out to you brother.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I'm praying for you brother.

"Blessed is the man whose wife is his best friend - especially if she likes to HUNT!"

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these."
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Kick cancer's ass!

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
shaman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
If there is any tangible legacy out of this, I came through the lower reception area this AM and both of the ladies at the front desk waved and shouted hello. They know my name. I had to keep going to the upper reception area, and both ladies treated me. They already knew my name and waved me through. The port room ladies all saw me coming. When I got my port accessed, got my labs pulled, and made it back downstairs, the lower reception ladies saw me coming off the elevator and checked me in.

This is most uncommon. I've been sitting in these waiting rooms since March. Everyone is pleasant. but it all goes down with a sort of dispassionate efficiency. You stand in line, give your name and birthdate and reason for being there. I watch a score of these interactions every time I go down.

Me? They see me coming and start laughing.

I don't claim any special power, but do know I'm at least not being an emotional drain on the world.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com][img]http://[/img]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by shaman
If there is any tangible legacy out of this, I came through the lower reception area this AM and both of the ladies at the front desk waved and shouted hello. They know my name. I had to keep going to the upper reception area, and both ladies treated me. They already knew my name and waved me through. The port room ladies all saw me coming. When I got my port accessed, got my labs pulled, and made it back downstairs, the lower reception ladies saw me coming off the elevator and checked me in.

This is most uncommon. I've been sitting in these waiting rooms since March. Everyone is pleasant. but it all goes down with a sort of dispassionate efficiency. You stand in line, give your name and birthdate and reason for being there. I watch a score of these interactions every time I go down.

Me? They see me coming and start laughing.

I don't claim any special power, but do know I'm at least not being an emotional drain on the world.

Hang on my cyber friend. That attitude you have is infectious, not only helping yourself but also others around you!

shaman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I'm done with my second back of Bug Juice and on my final rinse. Frankly, this is the best I've felt in 2 weeks. I seem to have taken to this stuff. Go figure.

IC B3

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Still pulling for ya. It takes a very special type of nurse to do the job they do, and people with the right outlook always seem to make there day.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

657 members (1beaver_shooter, 1eyedmule, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 1234, 19rabbit52, 56 invisible), 2,877 guests, and 1,317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,695
Posts18,456,662
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.